• 37(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
So,
I tried different versions regarding lirc.
The last working solutions was #1216.
#1217 didn't work anymore.
Can I do anything else?
Fernetmenta has looked at the live TV buffering reports.

@denz, @mylle
It looks like hdhomerun and mediaportal are not updated to report they are "real time" streams which is required by videoplayer. I've got a hack commit for tonight's build that will assume this.

@herrmeier01
Fernetmenta thinks this is a different issue and probably VDR specific. Can you create a post in the VDR forum and he'll try to diagnose further.
@popcornmix
OK I made a post in VDR forum for that here.
Thanks you
Updated to Milhouse's day 07 build with problems with yatse as well as video buffering. Now openelec dev update addon don't work and since that, I downloaded new tar build, transferred to Update folder on raspberry pi but during reboot nothing happens. Can't upgrade nor downgrade. Any help? Thanks!
(2016-01-09, 20:38)sdfguerreiro Wrote: Now openelec dev update addon don't work and since that

Why doesn't it work? Do you get an error? Anything in the log?

(2016-01-09, 20:38)sdfguerreiro Wrote: I downloaded new tar build, transferred to Update folder on raspberry pi but during reboot nothing happens.

Nothing happens at all? Do you see a message during the boot "Found new .tar archive. extracting...", or just a regular boot version number? If OpenELEC doesn't find the new tar archive then you must be naming the tar file incorrectly (no extension?) or copying it to the wrong location.

Another option for you to upgrade/downgrade would be to ssh in to your Pi, run
Code:
./devupdate -s  "Milhouse Builds"
then enter 0 at the prompt. Reboot when the download completes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Here is part of the log:

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'BuildSelectDialog' object has no attribute '_selected_source'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/default.py", line 385, in <module>
new_build_check()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/default.py", line 361, in new_build_check
main.start()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/default.py", line 72, in start
self.select_build()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/default.py", line 101, in select_build
self.selected_source = build_select.selected_source
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/resources/lib/gui.py", line 127, in selected_source
return self._selected_source
AttributeError: 'BuildSelectDialog' object has no attribute '_selected_source'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Managed also to copy new build to update folder! The thing is that i copied from my android device through "AndFTP" app and i dont know why it went wrong.

Now ver.0108 burns out Yatse app... but Openelec Dev Update addon works.

Thanks Milhouse!
(2016-01-09, 18:38)popcornmix Wrote: Are H.265 videos stuttering or permanently stalling?
Not much happened with #0107 apart from some locking changes. There was a deadlock introduced but there was a fix in #0108.

I tried a few H265 samples with #0108, no problems - stutter free - but that is without subtitles.

I then added a simple (non-insane) ASS subtitle and it introduced occasional stutter, so subtitles do seem to be a small issue.

Example video: Friends.h265.Sample.mkv (11MB dropbox) with Friends.h265.Sample.ass subtitle file (this isn't the correct subtitle file for the video, just a subtitle demonstration so don't worry about the words having no relation to the video!)

#0106 H265+ASS seems to be stutter free with subtitles (assuming you can avoid a deadlock!)
#0107 H265+ASS deadlocks almost every time at start of playback
#0108 H265+ASS occasional stutter, seems to rarely deadlock (although it did once)

Can upload debug logs if required (ie. if not reproducible).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-01-10, 00:10)Milhouse Wrote: I tried a few H265 samples with #0108, no problems - stutter free - but that is without subtitles.

I then added a simple (non-insane) ASS subtitle and it introduced occasional stutter, so subtitles do seem to be a small issue.

Example video: Friends.h265.Sample.mkv (11MB dropbox) with Friends.h265.Sample.ass subtitle file (this isn't the correct subtitle file for the video, just a subtitle demonstration so don't worry about the words having no relation to the video!)

#0106 H265+ASS seems to be stutter free with subtitles (assuming you can avoid a deadlock!)
#0107 H265+ASS deadlocks almost every time at start of playback
#0108 H265+ASS occasional stutter, seems to rarely deadlock (although it did once)

Can upload debug logs if required (ie. if not reproducible).

After more extensive testing on another setup (CEC with TV remote instead of Yatse) using build #0107 and #0108, I got exactly same result. With build #0108, stutter kept repeating every one minute or two, audio was normal but video pause for about one second or two and then catch up again.
My stutter wasn't that bad, it was a pause for only a fraction of a second. Whereas without the subtitles, silky smooth.
(2016-01-10, 01:05)Milhouse Wrote: My stutter wasn't that bad, it was a pause for only a fraction of a second. Whereas without the subtitles, silky smooth.

All my x265 video testing was done with subtitles.
New OpenELEC Krypton build #0109: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0-rc8 #1 Sat Jan 9 22:24:32 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan  6 2016 20:11:41
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 96fc00e9b8d219db428a0e7729cab3d4f766f6ff (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160109222334-#0109-g01c5a09 [Build #0109]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001719.349: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (01c5a091, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f8a52f88, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Dropped Joystick configurator until EventServer issue is resolved (this is what breaks Yatse etc.)
  2. Bump libass 0.13.1
  3. newclock5: Assume real-time hack
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Pkg config script fixes (PR:4582, 21 commits, 22 files changed)
    • WeTek kernel and Mali GPU driver updates (PR:4590, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • cosmetics: rename 'unofficial' to 'community' builds (PR:4583, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [gif] Fall back to DISPOSAL_UNSPECIFIED if no valid disposal method is spec… (PR:8805, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer fixes (PR:8813, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • allow disable libbluetooth (PR:8782, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix update rating query typo (PR:8817, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guiinfo] Add ListItem.SetID infolabel (PR:8759, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Remove unused files (PR:8820, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • add ListItem.IsParentFolder infobool (PR:8775, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [PVR] Fix ACTION_CHANNEL_[UP|DOWN] & ACTION_[NEXT|PREV]_ITEM to respcct channel switch delay settings. (PR:8814, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • videodb: fix SQL error on SQLite in CVideoDatabase::AddRatings (0bb67696)
  3. libnfs:
    • The correct NDK define for Android is __ANDROID__ (PR:132, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • Run automatic build tests on Travis CI (PR:165, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer - pvr, set realtime flag for otherStreamHack (a5275137)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: increase threshold for assuming a stream as invalid for real-time streams (f9ed3999)
      • VideoPlayer: fix detection stalled audio stream (c60f79c0)
      • VideoPlayer: fix deadlock in overlay renderer (df66294d)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] 0e1c41aa: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree also
    • Added: [env] 3e83e863: xf86-video-intel: bump to 371219c
    • Added: [env] 87d79390: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
    • Added: [env] 98c9bf8d: intel: Explicitely disable tearfree (causes vsync issues) - disable triple buffering
    • Added: [env] 403d7479: libass: bump to 0.13.1
    • Added: [env] 775c6550: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
    • Added: [env] 378252e5: VAAPI: Enable EGL
    • Added: [env] patch: Pillow picks tiff headers from host
    • Added: [pkg] patch: CNetwork - implement IPv6
The real time hack works perfectly with hdhomerun no buffering on live tv anymore. I guess it is the same issue for serverwmc just you haven't got the time to implement hack for that pvr yet.

Thank you again
(2016-01-10, 03:13)denz Wrote: The real time hack works perfectly with hdhomerun no buffering on live tv anymore. I guess it is the same issue for serverwmc just you haven't got the time to implement hack for that pvr yet.

So serverwmc is still buffering in the same way?
(2016-01-09, 19:59)popcornmix Wrote: Fernetmenta has looked at the live TV buffering reports.

@denz, @mylle
It looks like hdhomerun and mediaportal are not updated to report they are "real time" streams which is required by videoplayer. I've got a hack commit for tonight's build that will assume this.

@herrmeier01
Fernetmenta thinks this is a different issue and probably VDR specific. Can you create a post in the VDR forum and he'll try to diagnose further.
After turning OMX on i have no issues. My mediaportal server setup is using digital devices dvb-c pci tuners while my tvheadend backend is using tvheadend and a
HDhomerun
(2016-01-10, 03:17)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 03:13)denz Wrote: The real time hack works perfectly with hdhomerun no buffering on live tv anymore. I guess it is the same issue for serverwmc just you haven't got the time to implement hack for that pvr yet.

So serverwmc is still buffering in the same way?

Yes exactly the same.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6