• 41(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-01-11, 22:59)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 10:31)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 14:17)popcornmix Wrote: So with just MMAL enabled, using build #0109 you still have the buffering at start issue with both mediaportal and tvheadend?

Actually TVHeadend is fine now but mediaportal buffers

Hi guys,

Dont know if this gives you any hints as to how to find a solution to the the buffering issue.

I have have just purchased an Intel Skylake setup with HD530 graphics. On this i have installed Millhouses latest linux build:

http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/maste...bf8287.tar

With this setup/build i have the exact same issue as with the RPI2 MMAL setup. Live tv starts fast but after a couple of seconds it buffers for 5-10 seconds and after that there is not problems.

I have tried with:

VDPAU and VAAPI enabled
Only VDPAU enabled
Only VAAPI enabled
Nothing enabled.

Every setting produces the same behaviour.

On the same dual boot system i have windows 7 with a recent nighly build. That combination works fine.

Let me know if you want me to try anyting.

Regards
Jacob

I have reported this a long time ago but was rejected from Fritsch that he does not care about semi legal iptv sources (which is not). IPTV has this problem but TVheadend does not.
I have tried iptv simple addon few days ago and it still shows the same behavior.
Here is the original post and it is the same for x64 and rpi platform.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2154527
I use my pi with LG TV via CEC.
I can't access context menu via remote.
I install addon called keymap editor to remap the red,green,yellow,blue button to switch language,subtitle,subtitle on/off, context menu.
It work except context menu at live TV recordings.
I don't know why. What is the reason?
Can I make a little suggestion?
I think much better set up in the original openelec image,and updates change functions of color buttons described above? Originally color buttons jump to pictures,videos,movies, and music, but I think nobody uses this.
(2016-01-12, 06:57)illiac4 Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 22:59)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 10:31)mylle Wrote: Actually TVHeadend is fine now but mediaportal buffers

Hi guys,

Dont know if this gives you any hints as to how to find a solution to the the buffering issue.

I have have just purchased an Intel Skylake setup with HD530 graphics. On this i have installed Millhouses latest linux build:

http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/maste...bf8287.tar

With this setup/build i have the exact same issue as with the RPI2 MMAL setup. Live tv starts fast but after a couple of seconds it buffers for 5-10 seconds and after that there is not problems.

I have tried with:

VDPAU and VAAPI enabled
Only VDPAU enabled
Only VAAPI enabled
Nothing enabled.

Every setting produces the same behaviour.

On the same dual boot system i have windows 7 with a recent nighly build. That combination works fine.

Let me know if you want me to try anyting.

Regards
Jacob

I have reported this a long time ago but was rejected from Fritsch that he does not care about semi legal iptv sources (which is not). IPTV has this problem but TVheadend does not.
I have tried iptv simple addon few days ago and it still shows the same behavior.
Here is the original post and it is the same for x64 and rpi platform.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2154527

OK thanks. Hopefully this will help the developers find out what changed as you describe it as working in build 930.
(2016-01-12, 07:52)envagyok Wrote: I use my pi with LG TV via CEC.
I can't access context menu via remote.
I install addon called keymap editor to remap the red,green,yellow,blue button to switch language,subtitle,subtitle on/off, context menu.
It work except context menu at live TV recordings.
I don't know why. What is the reason?
Can I make a little suggestion?
I think much better set up in the original openelec image,and updates change functions of color buttons described above? Originally color buttons jump to pictures,videos,movies, and music, but I think nobody uses this.

Please start a separate thread as the context menu issue has nothing to do with these test builds - try searching the forum for "LG CEC context menu" type threads. There are several. Basically you need to remap an unused button to contextmenu, details in the various posts.

Regarding the change of colour button mapping, not sure when that happened although there have been several button mapping changes recently (mostly for Wetek, I thought) - if you're not happy you'll need raise it with the OpenELEC developers. I'm not really sure which "original openelec image" you are referring to, but if you'd like to go back through the builds and identify when the change occurred that might help clarify matters.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-01-12, 03:15)vandamme Wrote: When I want to resume watching a movie, sometimes, it freezes.
Same problem when seeking at a particular position in the movie.

Here is my log file :

http://xbmclogs.com/pe8knwmpt

Line 830 corresponds to my first attempt, everything was ok.
Line 2471 corresponds to my second attempt for the same movie and
the playback stopped and movie freezed.

Tested on #0102 and #0110

Does this work with stable OE 6.0?

The error:
Code:
23:56:18  59.731762 T:1603269536   ERROR: ffmpeg[5F8FF3A0]: [matroska,webm] Read error

just shows that ffmpeg can't read from the file. Usually that is a corrupt file, or a failing disk, or a problem with network.
Thanks for your answer.

Yes, it works perfectly with stable OE 6.0.
And this problem also arises with all my 3D MVC files,
either I read them from NAS, or USB key directly plugged into the Pi2,
So I don't think it's a corrupted file problem or network problem.

I have noticed that when I disable OMXPlayer and only keep VideoPlayern with MMAL, the seek works fine, the buffering seems to work fine,
but then the playback is very very slow, something like 1 fps. Whereas if I launch the playback from
the beginning, playback is perfectly fluid.
I just tried the new build #0111 and got this wierd error.

I use w-lan and the Yatse app for controlling Kodi but after i installed the new build,yatse says it is offline.
Weird thing is, that i still can navigate through the menü and even start a movie.
But yatse wont show the movie stats (lenghs,summary,artists etc).It is impossible to stop the movie directly via the app because the remote layout is not available.
I am still able to chose the option button and use the arrow keys to stop the movie in the Kodi controll overlay.

I went back to #0106 and everything is fine now.

Edit.
I just installed the #0110 build and it works fine.
(2016-01-12, 14:46)vandamme Wrote: Yes, it works perfectly with stable OE 6.0.
And this problem also arises with all my 3D MVC files,
either I read them from NAS, or USB key directly plugged into the Pi2,
So I don't think it's a corrupted file problem or network problem.

Can you provide a sample file? Cut the file down to a few minutes (e.g. with mmg from mkvtoolnix). Check if the problem still occurs.
If it does upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox or google drive) and get me a link.
OK, I will do that tonight after work.
Thanks for your help.
Kore android application does not work with 111.

Also in connman/main.conf "PreferredTechnologies = wifi,ethernet,cellular" no longer works. It remains to prefer the default order.
@Quinn2015 @trevorjharris
what port do you have configured with yatse/kore?

The default port in kodi used to be 8080 when not running as root (e.g. OSMC, raspbian) and 80 when running as root (openelec).
That is likely to change to always be 8080, and PR:8843 may have changed that default.

Try setting the remote to connect to 8080 or change kodi back to 80 in webserver settings.
(2016-01-12, 17:52)popcornmix Wrote: @popcornmix

Were you able to test 3D ISO with TRUEHD 5.1/71 MIX?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@popcornmix

Thanks for the help.
Changing ports in Yatse to 8080 solved the problem.
Sorry should have made the port change a bit more prominent - actually I wasn't sure if it would have any effect at all on OpenELEC but didn't have time to test. Now we know. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-01-12, 15:42)popcornmix Wrote: Can you provide a sample file? Cut the file down to a few minutes (e.g. with mmg from mkvtoolnix). Check if the problem still occurs.
If it does upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox or google drive) and get me a link.

I have exactly the same problem with this sample :
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C1...file%2cmkv
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6