• 48(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-01-17, 02:33)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 19:08)g.kar Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 16:26)Milhouse Wrote: Which is the first build with this problem? Can you upload a debug log showing the problem?

This particular issue with Kodi/Yatse (in file mode), is actually very old. Same issue with OpenElec 5.8 ,OpenElec 6.0, and Milhouse the latest 6-8 releases tested so far.

here comes the debug file : http://xbmclogs.com/pwj6kh2ac

Kind regards

Have you raised this with the Yatse developer?

Not yet, but I will report the issue to the Yatse forum asap.
I am close to a solution, since I came across the following issue as well :
Kodi crashes if there are multiple .dsf files into the same directory. Even if you don't play any of those dsf audio files, kodi will eventually crash 1-2 minutes later, that is to say, as soon as Rpi2 memory usage reaches its upper limit.
However , Kodi never crashes if there are one or two dsf files in the same directory

Thank you Milhouse
(2016-01-17, 15:25)bdreams Wrote: @Milhouse I have the crash log just trying to figure out to get it to you. I have it has a zip file. The instruction you gave me I was a little bit lost on that. Thank you for your great work

Run the commands I gave you in an ssh session. Use PuTTY to connect to your OpenELEC client - username is "root", password is "openelec".

If your crashlog is a zip file, then it's probably not a crashlog.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-01-17, 16:07)g.kar Wrote: Kodi crashes if there are multiple .dsf files into the same directory. Even if you don't play any of those dsf audio files, kodi will eventually crash 1-2 minutes later, that is to say, as soon as Rpi2 memory usage reaches its upper limit.
However , Kodi never crashes if there are one or two dsf files in the same directory

If Kodi is crashing there should be a crashlog.

Use the #0115x debug-enabled build to obtain the most detailed crashlog. See the first post for details on debug-enabled builds and how to upload a crashlog.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
How do I enable the "sdhost" driver on the RPi? Or is it enabled by default on the OE builds?
sdhost is now enabled by default in the latest of these test builds.
(2016-01-17, 23:03)Milhouse Wrote: sdhost is now enabled by default in the latest of these test builds.

Thanks
(2016-01-16, 03:45)Milhouse Wrote: Not seeing this behaviour myself, can you provide a debug log?

The behaviour af 1-2 FPS with MMAL when resuming playback always happens with 3D MVC mkv files (made with makemkv)
Everything is perfect with "normal" 2D mkv.
@millhouse here is the crash file hope I am doing it right

http://sprunge.us/CCMe
(2016-01-18, 01:26)bdreams Wrote: @millhouse here is the crash file hope I am doing it right

http://sprunge.us/CCMe

Can you try with a "clean" .kodi folder - without all the SuperRepo addons?

In ssh:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
mv .kodi .kodi.bak
systemctl start kodi

Does it still crash?

If yes, can you try installing debug-enabled build #0115x - just install as normal, although you will need a larger 512MB FAT partition on your SD card. This will give a more detailed stacktrace which will help pinpoint the cause of the crash (unfortunately the crashlog from "regular" builds is sometimes not very useful).

If no, then it's one of your addons - install them one by one until the crashing starts again. If it's a banned addon, you won't be able to discuss it here - I suggest you contact the author.

To restore your (crashing) system:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
rm -fr .kodi
mv .kodi.bak .kodi
systemctl start kodi
New OpenELEC Krypton build #0117: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0 #1 Sun Jan 17 23:37:58 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 15 2016 17:31:09
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 50b1ff57f80db9c96b78757d2d2cfc226ed71f93 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160117233706-#0117-gaee4a3b [Build #0117]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001731.908: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (aee4a3ba, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e9ecdb72, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New MusicDB schema v59
  2. Fix for delays when navigating Settings > Add-ons - @parcel, how is it for you now?
  3. Fix libnfs memory leak
  4. Dropped Joystick controller PR8807, needs a rebase, breaks volume
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [docs/osx] fix typo (PR:8888, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [MusicDB] Add artist roles to handle Composer, Conductor, DJMixer etc. Tags (PR:8015, 1 commit, 36 files changed)
    • remove unused private fields (PR:8821, 1 commit, 12 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer fixes (PR:8894, 2 commits, 8 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: remove dead code (PR:8895, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: revert 20e6f03 and fix possible segfault (PR:8897, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: gapless playback on stream change (PR:8886, 8 commits, 13 files changed)
  2. libnfs:
    • Don't leak a rpde_cb_data structure on each opendir() (d8274472)
  3. pvr.argustv:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (fc8291ae)
  4. pvr.demo:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (97bb7552)
  5. pvr.dvblink:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (63bfbf82)
  6. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (7b3e7391)
  7. pvr.filmon:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (2bca8b22)
  8. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (e8986563)
  9. pvr.hts:
    • fix compiler warning: -Wsign-compare (PR:171, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Fix schedules dirty flag handling. (PR:170, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (14aa3a2d)
  10. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (878cf5d9)
  11. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (32892086)
  12. pvr.mythtv:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (9fe08e31)
  13. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (60dc7c98)
  14. pvr.njoy:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (e98795bb)
  15. pvr.pctv:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (1241d079)
  16. pvr.stalker:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (8849a3c2)
  17. pvr.vbox:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (67158e6d)
  18. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • consider cient setting for timeshift (PR:51, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (b7596ae6)
  19. pvr.vuplus:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (b6106dc9)
  20. pvr.wmc:
    • Initial Kodi Krypton version. (60d8c0b9)
  21. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: drop AE chache from displayed aq (codec screen) (ea2ccbb8)
      • VideoPlayer: drain decoder on stream change (e84dcea5)
      • VideoPlayer: avoid killing queued frames on reconfigure of renderer (2bde9c4c)
      • VideoPlayer: optimze configure of renderer (8f1e7fd6)
      • VideoPlayer: drop unused members (e526a62f)
      • VideoPlayer: improve av sync after stream changes (baf2b33d)
      • VideoPlayer: fix drain for ffmpeg when filters are involved (5fb46fa2)
  22. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8900: [addons] improve performance of GetAvailableUpdates
@millhouse same result soon has I put the usb remote adapter. Motorola nyxboard remote works fine with build 011. ran those command you gave me and started fresh no addons same result tried to get a crash log but it said no such file or directory. I will try agin tomarrow thanks for the help
@Milhouse It's fast. Addons listbox appears fast. Thank you Smile
(2016-01-18, 03:11)bdreams Wrote: @millhouse same result soon has I put the usb remote adapter. Motorola nyxboard remote works fine with build 011. ran those command you gave me and started fresh no addons same result tried to get a crash log but it said no such file or directory. I will try agin tomarrow thanks for the help

Try also with the latest #0117 build as #0112 re-introduced the Joystick controller which does stuff with inputs - maybe it upsets keyboard handling that causes Kodi to crash. The Joystick controller is not in #0117 so if build #0117 doesn't crash it would suggest PR8807 is involved.

Otherwise the crashlog from #0115x will be vital - it should definitely be created if Kodi crashes once you plug in the Motorola dongle. With #0115x it might take a while (1-2 minutes) to create the crashlog - wait until you see the splash video re-appear after the crash before uploading the crashlog with:
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)
(2016-01-18, 04:33)parcel Wrote: @Milhouse It's fast. Addons listbox appears fast. Thank you Smile

Excellent - thanks to @takoi. Smile
(2016-01-18, 04:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 03:11)bdreams Wrote: @millhouse same result soon has I put the usb remote adapter. Motorola nyxboard remote works fine with build 011. ran those command you gave me and started fresh no addons same result tried to get a crash log but it said no such file or directory. I will try agin tomarrow thanks for the help

Try also with the latest #0117 build as #0112 re-introduced the Joystick controller which does stuff with inputs - maybe it upsets keyboard handling that causes Kodi to crash. The Joystick controller is not in #0117 so if build #0117 doesn't crash it would suggest PR8807 is involved.

Otherwise the crashlog from #0115x will be vital - it should definitely be created if Kodi crashes once you plug in the Motorola dongle. With #0115x it might take a while (1-2 minutes) to create the crashlog - wait until you see the splash video re-appear after the crash before uploading the crashlog with:
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

ok tried build 117 works great, now I am goin to try that 15x and get that crash log for you. thanks
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6