• 68(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-02-08, 11:25)Caramba69 Wrote: 3D isos are played back in 2D only in the last 2 builds.

Same problem for me ...
(2016-02-09, 00:32)vandamme Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 11:25)Caramba69 Wrote: 3D isos are played back in 2D only in the last 2 builds.

Same problem for me ...

did you try with mmal only enabled?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Yes.
I didn't test with omxplayer
New OpenELEC Krypton build #0208: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.1 #1 Mon Feb 8 22:26:18 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  1 2016 17:54:49
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b3dc56931507f355d503ea69397778643f7a3dc3 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160208222404-#0208-g5d25757 [Build #0208]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001745.903: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5d257577, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4f6b992f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. IQAudIO and HiFiBerry DAC+ updates
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • update *.freedesktop.org package urls (PR:4691, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Package updates (PR:4680, 6 commits, 6 files changed)
      • timezone-data: update to timezone-data-2016a
      • dbus-glib: update to dbus-glib-0.106
      • binutils: update to binutils-2.26
      • imx-vpu: update to imx-vpu-5.4.32
      • libfslvpuwrap: update to libfslvpuwrap-1.0.62
      • setuptools: update to setuptools-19.7
    • dbus: update version and package link (PR:4686, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • build: Take a lock on the package download directory (PR:4676, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • update dbus-python package link (42c5563c)
  2. XBMC:
    • Fixes inprogress tvshows node being limited to 25 items by mistake (PR:9087, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang/settings] Fix ADSP labels. (PR:9056, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Revert "FFmpeg: Bump to 2.8.6-Jarvis-16.1" (PR:9075, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Add option and method to disable/enable directory caching (458f6c2b)
  4. pvr.argustv:
    • [travis] Remove xcode6.1. jsoncpp isn't installable without going thr… (PR:43, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  5. pvr.filmon:
    • [travis] Remove xcode6.1. jsoncpp isn't installable without going thr… (PR:39, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  6. pvr.pctv:
    • [travis] Remove xcode6.1. jsoncpp isn't installable without going thr… (PR:31, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  7. pvr.stalker:
    • [travis] Remove xcode6.1. jsoncpp isn't installable without going thr… (PR:44, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  8. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Allow up to 24dB digital gain to be applied when using IQAudIO DAC+ (e596bba3)
      • Limit PCM512x "Digital" gain to 0dB by default with HiFiBerry DAC+ (f7637be2)
      • Merge pull request #1282 from DigitalDreamtimeLtd/rpi-4.4.y (8b4d164b)
      • BCM270X_DT: Adjust overlay README formatting (fb9de349)
      • FIXUP: Overlay README - Restore spaces deleted in error (065d2a9c)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-02-08, 18:20)dukester Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 16:31)ruser Wrote: Hello, I'd like to request some small changes and additions to the Backup system in order to enhance the user experience and make the whole process less tedious.
"Backup-script" addon does not restore everything, so I would prefer to use native functions.

1) Add a "Target path" option in order to allow Kodi to backup onto anything else beside local storage (in my case it's a cramped SD-card, so it's only logical to be able to store it via local network at shared disk)
2) Add a "Backup" pictogram (icon) to program menu (instead of searching for it thru the whole system menu), that would invoke a prompt "Create new backup or restore one of the previous?".
3) If user chooses "Restore", instead of opening the filesystem, an interface could show a simple list of available backups from "target path" (in "date time filesize" manner) along with "More..." button which would invoke the filesystem dialog.

P.S.
4) Sometimes there's a need to restart Kodi without the rest of OS. Please add another item to the Shutdown menu: "Restart shell (Kodi)" or "Fast reboot"

The backup script add on has options to backup more stuff than just the default selections and does everything you mentioned in your post. I backup to an smb share. If I use restore I have options to pick by date all the backup I made.

I have Kodi installed on a RPi, so I needed to transfer all OS settings to RPi2. The "backup script" does not correctly copy the system settings and fails to restore every add-on. Some of the restored addons has their configurations wiped. One of the addons (written in Python) cannot be restored, and the restoration process is terminated with an error. I think that such "recovery system" is terrible.

At the same time, the built-in backup tool does not produce such errors. Even with the change of the platform, the restored system is working without a hitch.
What is the preferred player? Omxplayer or videoplayer? I use videoplayer always.
Why my kodi on pi dont see files thah have long dash in filename windows version see this files no not normal dash like - but someting like —
And 3D isos are still not working anymore with current build.
If you have problems, please try to log them. Just complaining isn't changing anything in most cases and doesn't lead to solving the problem Wink
If any dev is interested or could not reproduce the problem, I could post a log and a small part of 3D ISO tonight
(2016-02-09, 10:46)vandamme Wrote: If any dev is interested or could not reproduce the problem, I could post a log and a small part of 3D ISO tonight

Thanks but I don't think it will be necessary.

@popcornmix: 2D only playback is reproducible with the Train Your Dragon 3D ISO over smb:// and nfs:// - there's no 2D/3D selection menu at start of playback, it's always straight into 2D. Problem starts with build #0206, presumably the following commit:
    • fixup! [3d] Automatically enable 3D for ssif (fcbdeb7a)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've noticed with the latest build there are audio passthrough/pcm encoding errors after resuming from suspend. Videos with 5.1/7.1 audio are sent as regular two channel (AV receiver stays in default PLII C setting). reboot from remote ssh restores functionality.
New OpenELEC Krypton build #0209: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.1 #1 Tue Feb 9 22:23:38 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  9 2016 19:39:09
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version dc2c1aba32c7469e82a87be0d5d921aa9233e60d (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160209222246-#0209-g5d25757 [Build #0209]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001746.117: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5d257577, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9b08199d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Zero copy ffmpeg interface
    popcornmix Wrote:There is a fairly significant commit today (needs the updated firmware).

This enables zero copy for software decode. Previously buffers were copied to gpu.
    For HEVC in particular that was expensive in sdram bandwidth terms.

So, there should be a HEVC performance boost.
    However there is a lot of new code, so regressions are possible (in any software decode use case).
  3. Fix 3D ISO playback
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 9):
    • firmware: video_render: Support non-default vertical stride
  2. XBMC:
    • [coverity] Prevent some warnings (PR:9086, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Update RssFeeds.xml (PR:9093, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock5:
      • fixup! [3d] Automatically enable 3D for ssif (bc3b0bd5)
      • rbp: Expose gpu memory allocation functions (6c004daf)
      • rbp: Add zero copy interface to ffmpeg for software decode (6a5d7cd7)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • MMAL: Add support for zero copy interface to ffmpeg (784f5451)
      • Revert "MMAL: Add support for zero copy interface to ffmpeg" (970c47eb)
  4. kernel 4.4.y:
      • pinctrl-bcm2835: Fix cut-and-paste error in "pull" parsing (532bf0fa)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Fix RSS patch
The zero-copy change is a big improvement - particularly if sdram is overclocked! Many thanks @popcornmix and colleagues.

However I have found a couple of HEVC regressions (oddly enough, only with Big Buck Bunny 1080 and 720p, both .ts files (bbb_720p_c.ts and bbb_1080p_c.ts - download using "Save as..."). Tested over both smb:// and nfs://.

Config: RPi2, arm_freq=1000, core_freq=500, gpu_freq=400

First regression:

When playing HEVC Big Buck Bunny 1080p (.ts) with stock 450MHz sdram - which I know isn't really playable - playback will repeatedly restart at about 1m24s (although it sometimes varies a bit). Note that "Repeat" is off, so it's not stopping and restarting - it's just restarting...

However with sdram_freq=600 (over_voltage_sdram=5, sdram_schmoo=0x02000020), the same video plays without restarting (there is some minor slow down while zooming into the burrow at start, and villians emerging from grass at ~5m03s, otherwise it's pretty much perfect - total 15 skipped frames, 5 missed).

Maybe there's some memory-bottleneck induced playback error that causes the restart? The 720p version of Big Buck Bunny will play through to the end with sdram=450.

Debug log with 450MHz sdram: http://sprunge.us/GVPU (1080p playback restarted itself two times at timestamp 1m24s, then a third time at timestamp 1m26s)

Second regression:

With HEVC Big Buck Bunny 1080p OR Big Buck Bunny 720p, and with sdram_freq=450 or 600, any attempt to seek will restart playback from the beginning. All my other HEVC samples don't suffer from this seek/restart issue. I tested an mpeg2 ts - this had no seek issues.

Debug log with 600MHz sdram: http://sprunge.us/QEeV (seeking using BigStepForward - each time playback restarts)

Presumably these two regressions are linked somehow.
More info on reproducing audio bug with build #0209

1. Play MKV containing DTS-HD soundtrack. Audio is converted properly to LPCM. AV receiver shows PCM 3/2/.1
2. Play 3D MVC MKV with DTS-HD soundtrack (ripped directly from BLuray). Audio is outputted as LPCM 2 channel. AV Receiver shows PCM 2/0/.0
3. Replay movie in #1 -> Audio is converted to LPCM 2 channel. AV receiver shows PCM 2/0/.0
4. Reboot.
5. Play movie in #2. same results.
6. Play movie in #1. Same results as #3
7. Reboot.
8. Play movie in #1. Same results as #1.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6