• 92(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-02, 19:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 19:26)polo_joe Wrote: since some weeks the tvheadend epg data is lost after reboot
tvheadend settings, kodi settings wrong?

You don't say what version of tvheadend you're using, but I provide the latest version here

You could also go back through the OpenELEC builds to try and determine the build when the problem started.

It might also be a tvheadend issue - have you tried asking in their support section?

I'm using build 1566 from your source.
This is output of journalctl
http://sprunge.us/iTMR

Do you see anything suspicious
(2016-03-02, 20:35)daCook8 Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 21:38)daCook8 Wrote: With OpenELEC 6.0.2 playback works, but is stuttering.

There are very substantial architectural differences between 6.0.2 (Kodi 15.2, dvdplayer) and these builds (Kodi 17, VideoPlayer). The change from stuttering to nothing may be intentional, or it may not be fixed as it wasn't really working anyway.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-02, 20:44)daCook8 Wrote: Is there a Kodi v17 compatible Keymap_Editor - Add-on ?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

I installed the addon from repo via your latest build #0301.
But when i try to change a key, the addon crashes.
Do you need debug logs?

Sure. When did the crashing start, which build?

If it is a Kodi 17 incompatibility you probably need to ask in the Keymap Editor support thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-02, 20:49)polo_joe Wrote: I'm using build 1566 from your source.
This is output of journalctl
http://sprunge.us/iTMR

Do you see anything suspicious

I'm not a tvheadend expert so can't really comment on the logs.

If you go back through the OpenELEC builds and determine when the problem started that might be useful.

If it's not an OpenELEC issue (ie. you have the same problem with older builds) then you should contact the tvheadend developers via their support section.
(2016-03-02, 21:11)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 20:44)daCook8 Wrote: Is there a Kodi v17 compatible Keymap_Editor - Add-on ?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

I installed the addon from repo via your latest build #0301.
But when i try to change a key, the addon crashes.
Do you need debug logs?

Sure. When did the crashing start, which build?

If it is a Kodi 17 incompatibility you probably need to ask in the Keymap Editor support thread.

Thanks. It was already reported in the thread you linked:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2253957

I will provide debug-logs later.
@Milhouse just sent you the PM with the details, I'd be glad to help with something more, but I don't know OpenELEC buildsystem well enough.
(2016-03-02, 21:49)daCook8 Wrote: will provide debug-logs later.

Thanks but no need, as it looks like the add-on needs updating to be Kodi 17 compatible after the XBMC GUI API bump. Keep an eye on the add-on support thread, I'm sure it will be announced eventually.
(2016-03-02, 22:02)asavah Wrote: @Milhouse just sent you the PM with the details, I'd be glad to help with something more, but I don't know OpenELEC buildsystem well enough.

Thanks, I'll take a look at this tomorrow although a quick glance suggests these aren't OpenELEC patches but for some other distribution? There might be some ideas in there that can be used but OpenELEC is a bit of a beast and I'd imagine we will need to add and build the libdvd* packages separately.

Actually (and I should have said this originally) it would be good if you can post your message in this thread so everyone can see it as I'm not the only person building OpenELEC (and currently disabling libdvd). Others might be able to chip in with ideas etc.
(2016-03-02, 22:27)Milhouse Wrote: Thanks but no need, as it looks like the add-on needs updating to be Kodi 17 compatible after the XBMC GUI API bump. Keep an eye on the add-on support thread, I'm sure it will be announced eventually.

Ok. I posted them in Keymap Editor support thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2266616
Milhouse Wrote:although a quick glance suggests these aren't OpenELEC patches but for some other distribution? There might be some ideas in there that can be used but OpenELEC is a bit of a beast and I'd imagine we will need to add and build the libdvd* packages separately.

Yep, it's my own home-made "distro" I 've started working on about a year ago to learn cross-compiling.
And again yep - the idea is to add separate packages for libdvd* and use those, however tweaking the Makefiles a little bit more can get in-tree crossbuild done. I'll try to provide such a patch suitable for OpenELEC (without the need for external packages) on the weekend if you haven't found a proper solution.

Milhouse Wrote:Actually (and I should have said this originally) it would be good if you can post your message in this thread so everyone can see it as I'm not the only person building OpenELEC (and currently disabling libdvd). Others might be able to chip in with ideas etc.

I didn't think it was appropriate to post my home-grown stuff in an OpenELEC thread, it's just a suggestion for an approach to tackle this issue.
(2016-03-02, 21:09)Milhouse Wrote: There are very substantial architectural differences between 6.0.2 (Kodi 15.2, dvdplayer) and these builds (Kodi 17, VideoPlayer). The change from stuttering to nothing may be intentional, or it may not be fixed as it wasn't really working anyway.

ok. in case anyone interested, i uploaded my debug-logs here:
http://xbmclogs.com/pajgbnxmz

got several ERRORs:
ERROR: ffmpeg[5E3063A0]: [hevc] Could not find ref with POC ...
New OpenELEC Krypton build #0302: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.3 #1 Wed Mar 2 21:05:14 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 29 2016 14:28:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version dea971b793dd6cf89133ede5a8362eb77e4f4ade (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160302210424-#0302-gf6b07fc [Build #0302]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001765.959: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (f6b07fc6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (2d92a566, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (9cd1c6c0, ahead +22)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (eebe56ce, ahead +10)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (38343e0a)
  • Includes latest addons: peripheral.joystick (fc605f4b, +46), pvr.argustv (501f56b3, +21), pvr.demo (116a172a, +16), pvr.filmon (4beb05da, +23), pvr.hdhomerun (3f0dd8e6, +29), pvr.hts (0814da42, +55), pvr.iptvsimple (1dfc3547, +24), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (4860e622, +48), pvr.mythtv (44df4430, +25), pvr.nextpvr (1871323c, +23), pvr.njoy (4f30f4af, +16), pvr.pctv (522f9603, +21), pvr.stalker (0402f465, +20), pvr.vbox (b0916449, +23), pvr.vdr.vnsi (2089549a, +21), pvr.vuplus (4cf6ad02, +19), pvr.wmc (9a83292f, +22)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Exclude [env] libcec-03-amlogic-support.patch: Incompatible with libcec 3.1.0, not required
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 2f83a1cf: xf86-video-intel: bump to 8b8c9a36 (fixes segfault when refreshrate changing)
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] 858f6461: xf86-video-intel: bump to 371219c
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Enable OpenELEC add-ons and repositories in manifest
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Switch to Estuary as default skin, drop Confluence
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Include [env] PR:4808: projects/RPi*/patches/linux: Add various options required by latest RPi kernel
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] patch: Fix OE settings setProperty() method (OpenELEC-settings)
  • Include [pkg] patch: # Quick fix for libdvd build issues
  • Include [pkg] PR:7030: CNetwork - implement IPv6
  • Include [pkg] PR:8254: FIX: Only handle 3D bitmap subs in TAB
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8723: Implement filecache retry logic
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9204: fixed: Screensaver would lockup Kodi when stopping on slow systems
  • Include [pkg] PR:9225: Fix out of memory crash in CArchive
  • Include [pkg] PR:9251: [Estuary] - Skin sync
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Do not include all Kodi language files in build (only English - the rest can download as required)
  3. Drop stream info from Codec OSD (will return later in some form or another)
  4. Estuary updates (additional colour themes)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Package updates and fixes (PR:4791, 7 commits, 10 files changed)
      • linux: bluez needs /etc/firmware/
      • brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-imx: fix systemd unit file
      • OpenELEC-settings: update to OpenELEC-settings-0.6.12
      • libcec: fix build for iMX
      • new package: add package 'brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-rpi'
      • projects/RPi2/options: update NOOBS supported models for RPi3
      • NOOBS: add support for NOOBS-1.8
    • linux: use KERNEL_TARGET as make target (PR:4803, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • Package updates (PR:4807, 3 commits, 38 files changed)
      • projects/Generic/options: fix kernel build
      • linux: update to linux-4.4.3
      • mediacenter: install Kodi language files optionally
  2. XBMC:
    • fix stringcompare against 'true' or 'false' (PR:9228, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [depends] Bump openssl to 1.0.2g (PR:9244, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Refactored CCurlFile::contentEncoding (PR:9243, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [addons] refresh label2 after updating download progress (PR:9232, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: drop streamInfo (PR:9238, 1 commit, 16 files changed)
    • EventServer security fix. (PR:9245, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [fix] hide samba settings if smb fs not available (PR:9177, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:4808: projects/RPi*/patches/linux: Add various options required by latest RPi kernel
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9251: [Estuary] - Skin sync
Hello all,

Forgive me if this question has been answered before as I'm new here. I've done a quick search and can't find anything.

Does anybody know why I keep getting 'CHECKING SIZE: FAILED' when trying to update to the latest build? It checks both MD5's OK and then gives the error.

I've tried the first v17 build (1205 I think) and that worked OK, but at least the last two builds (0301 and 0302) fail. I haven't tried others yet to see where the fail starts from because that would take me ages!!!

I'm on a RPi 1 model B if that's any help.

Regards,

PJ
(2016-03-03, 01:55)pauljohn Wrote: Hello all,

Forgive me if this question has been answered before as I'm new here. I've done a quick search and can't find anything.

Does anybody know why I keep getting 'CHECKING SIZE: FAILED' when trying to update to the latest build? It checks both MD5's OK and then gives the error.

I've tried the first v17 build (1205 I think) and that worked OK, but at least the last two builds (0301 and 0302) fail. I haven't tried others yet to see where the fail starts from because that would take me ages!!!

I'm on a RPi 1 model B if that's any help.

Regards,

PJ

Your primary partition is too small. Resize using gparted or other similar tool, or install OpenELEC 6.0.3 to your SD card using the disk image - as this will create a 512MB primary partition - and then upgrade to the latest of these test builds.

See first post, note #5: "Resizing partitions for debug-enabled builds" for more details.
(2016-03-02, 17:56)cdvreede Wrote: just loaded the #301 build - noticed a few challenges with the skin when using an MCE remote exclusively (some widgets cannot be reached..) but the killer for me is that rendering the EPG (coming from a WMC backend) is extremely slow and browsing the EPG causes the Pi2 to hang altogether. Went back to latest Jarvis test build and all is good again...

keep up the good works!!

Thnx

Same here for me with the new default skin and the epg locking and freezing my rpi2 and requiring a restart. I'm using mythtv as my backend though. Love the new skin!

Using 0302 and I've also noticed that the "o" information overlay is missing dropped/skipped frame counts in 0302 with the estuary skin, it was there in 0301.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6