• 117(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-24, 16:07)MicTie Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 12:46)Kiralina Wrote: On the latest build, #0323, my RP3 doesn't boot all the way. I can see it unpacking the zip file, all seems OK, but it hangs in the second Kodi screen forever. I tried upgrading from build #0322 and directly from OE 6.0.3. Both have the same behavior.
I experience exactly the same problem. I took around 10 min until the GUI appeared.
Going back to the previous build solved the problem.

OK I just deleted all my Addons*.db, and am getting the long delay too... brilliant.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-24, 16:11)Milhouse Wrote: @Forage: In the last build, #0323, it's possible that some of the system installed PVR addons that may have been enabled in the past will be re-enabled - just disable them, hopefully it's a one-off.

If you disable all the PVR clients, and restart, do you still get the 5 minute delay?
FYI: I have never enabled a PVR addon in the past.
I'm still in the process of disabling, or uninstalling where possible, all enabled PVR clients. Every one of them takes a long long time to be processed. There's a constant "PVR manager is sarting up: 0% - Loading channels from clients" process stuck at 0% while doing so.
I suppose I'll get there eventually though.
I think the delay at Kodi startup is the same I reported here, introduced in build #0220 and evident when there is no Addons22.db, but now obviously made a lot worse by PR9429 in last night's build, as this rewrites the database. I'll try a test build without any extra PVR addons installed, to see if we still get the delay.

It also now appears that all system installed PVR addons are being enabled by default, which isn't wanted. If that can't be avoided, I'll be forced to stop building PVR addons as I've no intention of hosting them separately.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Nope, not PVR addon related, still got the hang when no PVR addons are included. We might have a fix though: PR9443... fingers crossed.
(2016-03-24, 16:49)Milhouse Wrote: Nope, not PVR addon related, still got the hang when no PVR addons are included. We might have a fix though: PR9443... fingers crossed.

Not here. Disabling all the clients and uninstalling where possible fixed it.
OK PR9443 will restore the old behaviour of automatically disabling system installed addons (including PVR clients), and cures the long startup delay. Will be in the next build. Thanks all for reporting it, and @tamland for the fix.
(2016-03-24, 16:01)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 13:24)Kiralina Wrote: Later edit: upgrading to #0323 from a clean OE 6.0.3 seems to work. After some 5 min in the hexagons Kodi screen it finally booted. I'll set it up now and see if something breaks.

Second boot and once again hangs for more than 5 min in the Kodi screen. Finally it boots and PVR channel manager is searching for a very long time. I don't use TV channels and PVR. I'm almost sure that my problems come from pvr manager. All PVR clients are enabled by default and I'm having a hard time disabling them because kodi freezes every time I try to do it.

You'll need to ssh into the machine and check dmesg and your kodi.log as something is clearly not right, but I suspect it's hardware related (duff SD card, power?) rather than software.

I changed 3 microsd cards (lexar and sandisk class 10) and one of them is new. I formatted all from disk utility on os x and written the OE image both with applepi baker app(1card) and with commands from terminal (2 cards). All is fine with OE 6.0.3 and builds previous to #0323

I have the right power supply for RP3, the 5,1V 2,5A, the original one from RP foundation.

I started with clean OE 6.0.3 img, no addons, no library integration.

I even removed the hifiberry digi+ board from the RP3.

It doesn't make any difference. I get the very long boot and after boot the pvr manager errors . No live TV is enabled. It's just default OE, with no personal settings.
(2016-03-24, 17:43)Kiralina Wrote: It doesn't make any difference. I get the very long boot and after boot the pvr manager errors . No live TV is enabled. It's just default OE, with no personal settings.

It will be fixed in tonight's #0324 build. Stay on #0322 for now (unless you don't have any Addons*.db at all, in which case you will need a build prior to #0220, then upgrade from that to #0322, and wait for #0324).
(2016-03-24, 17:50)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 17:43)Kiralina Wrote: It doesn't make any difference. I get the very long boot and after boot the pvr manager errors . No live TV is enabled. It's just default OE, with no personal settings.

It will be fixed in tonight's #0324 build. Stay on #0322 for now (unless you don't have any Addons*.db at all, in which case you will need a build prior to #0220, then upgrade from that to #0322, and wait for #0324).

OK, thank you, but I found kind of a fix Smile . From build #0322 I disabled all PRV clients and then upgraded to #0323. Disabling all PRV clients from #0322 is easy, kodi doesn't freeze or hang.

Now #0323 works nice and fluent as has a normal boot time.
(2016-03-24, 03:11)hdmkv Wrote: @popcornmix, could you kindly take a look at this as far as RPi and overall Kodi MVC playback is concerned?

@afedchin pointed me at an ffmpeg commit which fixes this on Pi.
Will be in tonight's build.
(2016-03-24, 17:09)Milhouse Wrote: OK PR9443 will restore the old behaviour of automatically disabling system installed addons (including PVR clients), and cures the long startup delay. Will be in the next build. Thanks all for reporting it, and @tamland for the fix.

So it is just a workaround to make worse thing little less worse.
Db version 21 did not have this problem and 22 is a little borked. Is it possible to revert it?
Does deleting db22 recreates new one with enabled addons?
(2016-03-24, 09:46)loggio Wrote: Build 323 problems.

PVR - enable/disable setting is missing from live tv window
PVR - "clear data" buttons not working in live tv general and guide settings.

Yes, here I have the same prolem. Live TV is switched off and could not be enabled in the GUI. I downgraded to #0323. Now I'm able to enable TV.
(2016-03-24, 21:04)illiac4 Wrote: Db version 21 did not have this problem and 22 is a little borked. Is it possible to revert it?

No.

(2016-03-24, 21:04)illiac4 Wrote: Does deleting db22 recreates new one with enabled addons?

No, it creates a new database with the PVR addons disabled. Although you might find some of your third party add-ons are also enabled, that's a risk when deleting the Addons database..
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0324: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Thu Mar 24 21:05:29 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 24 2016 12:49:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e16cd015026a8bda22bb50dc30b30ce07f52a202 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160324210438-#0324-g0026734 [Build #0324]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002490.326: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3b6eb560, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (046effa1, ahead +10)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (2ebae493), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (c05bf4ff, +23), pvr.demo (32ef5073, +19), pvr.dvblink (cc11bedb, +18), pvr.dvbviewer (48b0089e, +20), pvr.filmon (188ef9ab, +25), pvr.hdhomerun (4f3a3949, +30), pvr.hts (303920d8, +62), pvr.iptvsimple (d4fcb214, +25), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (5815d770, +50), pvr.mythtv (815210a2, +30), pvr.nextpvr (d41be111, +25), pvr.njoy (af1d68ea, +17), pvr.pctv (f60f00a9, +23), pvr.stalker (08efd618, +22), pvr.vbox (329fd13d, +25), pvr.vdr.vnsi (162dcdd6, +34), pvr.vuplus (135f1b03, +21), pvr.wmc (f0c62cfc, +30)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix system keyboard patch
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
  • Include [pkg] PR:9443: [addons] dont call normal enable hooks when checking system addons
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. New firmware
  3. Fix crash after ending playback (PR9439)
  4. Fix long delay with system addons (PR9443)
  5. Log MySQL version
  6. ffmpeg: fix pixelation and stuttering
  7. Reduce CPU load when virtually suspended (stop scrolling text, close "busy" dialog)
  8. Re-introduce pvr.dvblink now that it supports current PVR API
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Mar 24):
    • firmware: arm_loader: emmc clock depends on core clock See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Remove emmc_pll_core and init_emmc_clock as they are not recommended to be changed
  2. XBMC:
    • Fix cmake build after PR9429 (PR:9436, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • GUILib code cleanup (PR:9416, 7 commits, 5 files changed)
    • fix gtest (PR:9441, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [builtins] remove no more used doc part (PR:9438, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AnnouncementManager: make a copy of file item (PR:9439, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • CID 1357156: Integer handling issues (CONSTANT_EXPRESSION_RESULT) (PR:9440, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • log mysql server version (PR:9391, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [linux] Move hotplug checking into its own thread (PR:9430, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [Python-api] allow setting country via setInfo() (PR:9435, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] automatic syntax corrections for the en_GB language file (607001ec)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] updated language files from Transifex (04e56a85)
    • [lang][skin.estouchy] updated language files from Transifex (3b6eb560)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ffmpeg: mvc: fix for pixelation from packets with no pts/dts (977d085c)
      • powermanagement: Reduce cpu usage when virtually suspended (2db8524f)
      • mmal_render: Add debug to show time since last vsync (de554772)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [linux] Move hotplug checking into its own thread (58c3e8e2)
  4. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Add configs and overlay for PCA9548 I2C mux (09e64d48)
      • BCM270X_DT: Add DS1339 to i2c-rtc overlay (6ec2115c)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9443: [addons] dont call normal enable hooks when checking system addons
Just running 0324 now and still has the delayed boot up for me.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6