• 122(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-28, 01:45)Milhouse Wrote: As previously announced, I've stopped building the tvheadend plugin as their latest master has now switched to ffmpeg 3.0 which isn't supported by OpenELEC, but the latest #0324 version of the addon I've provided should be fine.

My apologies, I overlooked that part of the announcement post. Sad

Does that mean tvhe users need to stay at OE build #324 now? Or is there a way to get the #324 version of the addon working with the PVR API change so we can continue updating?

I'm e.g. especially interested in the change "fetch timeline items asyncronously" in #327, because the timeline window needs a long time to open at the moment.
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
You can use tvheadend #0324 and continue updating to newer versions of OE - I'm pretty sure there's no relationship between the backend tvheadend add-on, and the front-end PVR API used by the various PVR clients.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-28, 00:38)Milhouse Wrote: OK I don't know, it's a mess. I'm going to take a break from builds for the next few days until the mess is fixed.

I bit the bullet and disabled the pvr plugins manually on #0326, and startup time is restored to normal, also my issue with dts sound was fixed. I say fixed, as it's reverted to just Dolby Digital output, but there's no stuttering or dropouts, so I'm happy to leave it there until Krypton matures a bit more I guess.

Do appreciate the work you're doing, however. Smile
(2016-03-28, 05:45)Milhouse Wrote: You can use tvheadend #0324 and continue updating to newer versions of OE - I'm pretty sure there's no relationship between the backend tvheadend add-on, and the front-end PVR API used by the various PVR clients.

Ooh, I think there was a misunderstanding! I'm not talking about the tvheadend server, but about the client in OE! Smile

I'm not using the OE TVHE server. I have the server installed on another PI under Raspbian. It's the client addon that crashes #327 as soon as I enable it. That happens no matter if it gets a connection to the server or not, so it's not related to the server at all.

I was already confused as to why switching to a new ffmpeg version should constitute a problem for building the client. Wink
Kind regards, Frank

NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
Then you need to be more specific - when you talk about "the tvheadend client" are you referring to pvr.hts? If it's crashing kodi, you should have a crashlog - upload it and maybe the add-on maintainer will see it, or can be pinged once we know exactly which add-on you're referring to.

Although with all the add-on issues it's likely some other dependency that remains disabled and which is now bringing down kodi - the crashlog will reveal all.

Read note #4 in the first post for details on how to upload your crashlog.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-28, 01:18)Loc2262 Wrote: Two more questions: In the new skin, recorded TV programs that are abbreviated with "..." do not scroll. And, is there a way to disable the new startup animation? It is nice, but I like my devices to boot as quickly as possible. Smile

You should time with and without the startup animation. It runs in the background and I believe there is almost no overhead to having it enabled.
Thanks for the info @Milhouse!

Yeah I'm referring to "pvr.hts". I had included the regular Kodi log excerpt in my first report, but I see now that it wasn't sufficient. I should have read the instructions more closely. My apologies again!

I repeated the test with #327 and uploaded the crash log: http://sprunge.us/WcfG

EDIT: Thanks for the hint @Popcornmix!

I timed it a few times, and with animation it takes 17 seconds from OpenELEC logo to GUI appearing, and without animation it takes 12 seconds. (Kodi splash screen is turned off.) The difference of 5 seconds is roughly the time that the animation is on screen. So it would seems to me that the animation is, at least for the most part, not performed in the background?
Kind regards, Frank

Hi Milhouse
Happy Easter! ;-)

...a little question - why is DVD playback remains temporarily disabled so long time ?

Harald
advancedsettings.xml:

<splash>false</splash>

does nothing it seems. Still getting the splash screen, will try editing config file next.

btw how many splash screens do we need? I need 0. Although I currently have Openelec (1), animated Kodi (2), static Kody Krypton Logo (3), not counting the initial Rainbow splash screen...
@nuwonda: Hmm, that's odd. The entry in advancedsettings works fine for me. Except for the OpenELEC logo you can turn all the others off. Let me know if you need help with that.
Kind regards, Frank

(2016-03-28, 10:39)Loc2262 Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 05:45)Milhouse Wrote: You can use tvheadend #0324 and continue updating to newer versions of OE - I'm pretty sure there's no relationship between the backend tvheadend add-on, and the front-end PVR API used by the various PVR clients.

Ooh, I think there was a misunderstanding! I'm not talking about the tvheadend server, but about the client in OE! Smile

I'm not using the OE TVHE server. I have the server installed on another PI under Raspbian. It's the client addon that crashes #327 as soon as I enable it. That happens no matter if it gets a connection to the server or not, so it's not related to the server at all.

I was already confused as to why switching to a new ffmpeg version should constitute a problem for building the client. Wink

Hi. It happens the same with my RPi3. It works perfect with #326 but some minutes ago I have updated to #327 and I got the boot loop. Also TVheadend client is used in the Rpi3. The server is located in a NAS. Till today everything worked as expected so something in the #327 update is causing some conflict with OE TVHeadend client addon.
Now back to #326.
(2016-03-28, 19:16)Loc2262 Wrote: @nuwonda: Hmm, that's odd. The entry in advancedsettings works fine for me. Except for the OpenELEC logo you can turn all the others off. Let me know if you need help with that.

seems that the advancedsettings one switches off the static Kodi Krpton logo but not the animated one, for the animated one you ned to touch the .config file with splash.disable as Millhouse wrote, at least this seems to be the case for me.

anyway, splash screens are so windows95...^^
(2016-03-28, 19:45)nuwonda Wrote: seems that the advancedsettings one switches off the static Kodi Krpton logo but not the animated one, for the animated one you ned to touch the .config file with splash.disable as Millhouse wrote

Yes, that is exactly correct, it's the same here. Smile

You can also disable the Pi's rainbow splash by adding "disable_splash=1" to /flash/config.txt. Note that you need to re-mount /flash as read/write before you can edit it.

As for splash screens... I'm fine with them, as long as they don't delay the startup process, look okay, and (I agree) there's not as much as 4 of them. Wink (Of course I know, Milhouse's builds are previews, so it's all okay that you have to tweak config text files to disable such things.)
Kind regards, Frank

(2016-03-28, 14:19)doldi Wrote: Hi Milhouse
Happy Easter! ;-)

...a little question - why is DVD playback remains temporarily disabled so long time ?

Harald

Unfortunately nobody is really interested in fixing it right now. It remains "unfixed" in a number of distributions.
(2016-03-28, 14:09)Loc2262 Wrote: I timed it a few times, and with animation it takes 17 seconds from OpenELEC logo to GUI appearing, and without animation it takes 12 seconds. (Kodi splash screen is turned off.) The difference of 5 seconds is roughly the time that the animation is on screen. So it would seems to me that the animation is, at least for the most part, not performed in the background?
I'll need to look at that again, perhaps the systemd service needs another tweak.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6