• 131(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-02, 14:53)garm Wrote: I tried new sd card and its still the same so my last bet is codec
http://xbmclogs.com/pocelcpo3
so i cant do anything about it only use an old build guess last time it worked was #311

Codec is fine. Can you test with overclock removed?
Can you test with omxplayer enabled?
Can you test with PLL adjust disabled?
Can you test with "sync playback to display" disabled?
(2016-04-02, 15:45)J_E_F_F Wrote: what would you recommend for v3d_freq on a RPi2?
Try with v3d_freq=500

Quote:I do use avoid_pwm_pll=1 because in the past (have not tried in many months) without it and the core_freq overclocked, after watching a h264 movie, the h264 freq would not dynamically slow back down, it would stay pegged at 500 as noted by bcmstat.sh

avoid_pwm_pll has been removed, so it makes no difference what you set it to.
Over the last 6 months or so of nightlies I have noticed that it appears CPU usage, or at least clock speed is being utilized more. CPU load via TOP is still low, but clock speeds remain higher for longer on both my RPi2s. Before sitting idle, the CPU and Core clock would adjust dynamically back to their low states (600 and 250) and stay there until I used the device. Here is a screenshot from July 2015, after playing a movie you can see the frequency slow down at 09:42:24 and it would stay there until I played another movie. They would not move from 600/250 sitting idle at the desktop.

July 2015

These days it seems the clock speeds remain higher for longer periods of time and at random even though TOP shows 95% idle, and the Pi is just sitting at the desktop screen with nothing happening. This is indicative of what bcmstat normally shows at the desktop with the latest nightly builds, and it has been like this for quite a while. This is a screenshot from this morning:

April 2016

Any idea what is causing this, The only addon I have installed is devupdate and the setup is pretty much the same as it was 8 months ago with the exception of overclock settings, which have had no noticeable effect on this observation?
(2016-04-02, 17:08)J_E_F_F Wrote: Any idea what is causing this, The only addon I have installed is devupdate and the setup is pretty much the same as it was 8 months ago with the exception of overclock settings, which have had no noticeable effect on this observation?

It may be the "io_is_busy" flag that we have enabled when using the sdhost sdcard driver.
That enables turbo mode when sdcard is accessed. Now, I don't see that normally, but it is possible you have an add-on that is accessing the sdcard regularly
(even regular debug log messages may trigger it).

If it is that, we are planning to remove that setting and handle the sdhost clock adjustment a new way. Hopefully that will be out for testing within the next week.
(2016-04-02, 06:41)Milhouse Wrote: Regarding Confluence problems, this is not an issue related to these builds, it's a recent Confluence update that is causing the problem (it updated 2 days ago). I've gone back to build #0301 and see the same problems with Confluence 3.0.6. I downgraded Confluence to a previous version, 3.0.0, and that works fine with build #0401.

Please report it here: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125

Edit: I've just tried all the recent versions from Confluence github, https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/commits/master, and they're all working fine, so I think this must be a packaging error in the Kodi repository. I've pinged @Hitcher and @ronie on Slack.

Thank you for checking. I find one media file is missing.
Does this latest build freeze at the KODI screen as well? I could not use the second most recent build as it fails to boot properly.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3, installed with stock OpenElec via NOOBS.

No addon .db file to delete because its a brand new installation with no library and no plugins. So no, it did not solve my problem

Thanks!
(2016-04-02, 13:27)username145 Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 13:23)herrmeier01 Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 13:14)username145 Wrote: Milhouse, any chance of an updated VDR addon? I don't know the cause, but lately recordings have not been working (writing 0kb files), and more recently I think the server is continuously crashing (Kodi keeps reloading channels)

Here my VDR recorings looks ok. I use the latest 8.0.2 from here
Did it work for you before?

Yes, running latest version for rPi 2 (on an rPi 3)

It was working as of a couple of weeks ago, no changes since then other than VDR addon and OE updates. Live TV playback works, until I experience the "crash", hit stop, and it reloads channels, at which point I can play a channel again

Go to the basic settings in TV menu and delete the data. Try if it's working now. Otherwise check if you can copy a file to the the path of the reccordings. Is it an USB disk, SD card, NFS share or ...? Maybe its a good idea when you delete the VDR installation and reinstall it.

rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/
Hi,

today the latest build #0401 froze once during idle, ssh connection was not possible and I need a to reboot (pull the plug). kodi.old.log did not show any abnormal entries.

A few seconds ago the same build cause Kodi to restart, when I tried to start a playing a video.

In dmesg I found the following entries:
[25339.332460] Alignment trap: not handling instruction f402602d at [<754ffd68>]
[25339.332476] Unhandled fault: alignment exception (0x801) at 0x5e2ec008
[25339.332482] pgd = a591c000
[25339.332486] [5e2ec008] *pgd=28f8d831, *pte=0371075f, *ppte=03710c7f
[25403.898683] vchiq: 0: ignoring ERROR from callback to service d004

Last entry in kodi.old.log is consistent with my last activity:
22:02:49 25339.037109 T:1058010016 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10

Does this help in any way?

This did not happen with any previous build and I don't expect to be able to reproduce it.

EDIT: This was caused by a 'bad' video. This video as barely playable with VLC. Therefore this seems not to be a problem of the latest KODI build.
(2016-04-02, 15:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 14:53)garm Wrote: I tried new sd card and its still the same so my last bet is codec
http://xbmclogs.com/pocelcpo3
so i cant do anything about it only use an old build guess last time it worked was #311

Codec is fine. Can you test with overclock removed?
Can you test with omxplayer enabled?
Can you test with PLL adjust disabled?
Can you test with "sync playback to display" disabled?

Hi,
thanks for reading

after clean mode
enabled "omxplayer" and "sync playback to display" disabled
the pll adjust is the only thing I cant find

tried with no overclock too but still same freeze

Thanks for your help

Edit: The new SD-Card still dont work so my guess its just some videos that freeze dunno what really freeze it.
On my Jarvis build it works i'm bit confused
(2016-04-02, 20:57)locust Wrote: Does this latest build freeze at the KODI screen as well? I could not use the second most recent build as it fails to boot properly.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3, installed with stock OpenElec via NOOBS.

No addon .db file to delete because its a brand new installation with no library and no plugins. So no, it did not solve my problem

Thanks!

Yes, probably, if you are upgrading an older database. However the next build (currently building, #0402) will fix the startup problem in two ways:

1) I've added a couple of hacks which will disable multiple PVR addons both during the db migration, and again post migration (the latter for those that have already migrated). I'll remove the post-migration hack in a few days by which time most testers will hopefully have upgraded, as the post migration fix should not be required long term.

2) PVR addons should not have been blocking Kodi startup and will now start asynchronously, meaning startup should no longer hang. At least that's one positive outcome.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0402: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Sun Apr 3 04:26:30 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 24 2016 12:49:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e16cd015026a8bda22bb50dc30b30ce07f52a202 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160403042537-#0402-g0026734 [Build #0402]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002469.839: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f6264877, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (046effa1, ahead +10)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: adsp.basic (5cf12e83, +7), adsp.biquad.filters (af575f3d, +7), adsp.freesurround (6dc533be, +8), asplib (da66f517, +13), inputstream.mpd (6bd24f3f), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (974820ab, +25), pvr.demo (e74822f2, +21), pvr.dvblink (82c7b4d5, +20), pvr.dvbviewer (6ab861fa, +33), pvr.filmon (0d8dd5bd, +27), pvr.hdhomerun (fd9daf4a, +32), pvr.hts (0f88a357, +67), pvr.iptvsimple (b741cac7, +27), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (96f415e3, +52), pvr.mythtv (f8d25fda, +36), pvr.nextpvr (d445c5ad, +27), pvr.njoy (b9b0ae43, +19), pvr.pctv (f1880484, +25), pvr.stalker (14a7c70d, +28), pvr.vbox (e70146d8, +27), pvr.vdr.vnsi (e47b8679, +41), pvr.vuplus (d8c6f9ba, +23), pvr.wmc (898e2dad, +33)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.42-KEY_EPG.patch: Added upstream
  • Exclude [env] package.mk: dcadec: Drop (not needed anymore)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 6be9ebe7: libva / libva-driver-intel: bump to 1.7.0
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] 20965d0a: mesa: update to 11.2.0-rc4
  • Include [env] patch: xf86-video-intel: bump to 3fafabe
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix OE settings button after Estuary update
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.*
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8723: Implement filecache retry logic
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
  • Include [pkg] PR:9535: [Builtins/Cec] add missing registrations
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Hack solution to prevent PVR addons being mass enabled
  3. THIRD PARTY SKIN BREAKAGE WARNING: [guilib] - change include definition syntax, PR9114. May break some skins if they're using the now changed feature (most probably are not).
  4. FIX: speedup thumb loading by eliminating unecessary database lookup
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [android] Bumped min. SDK to 19, Fixed PeripherialBusAndroid crash (PR:9517, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • add support for KEY_EPG found on various remotes (PR:9498, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix counting dropped frames (PR:9520, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] RenderSystemDX fixes. (PR:9518, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [jenkins/android] - fix hash calculation (PR:9524, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [osx] - fixed testsuite after joystick merge (PR:9526, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32][xbmc] Upgrade to VS2015 (PR:8992, 11 commits, 44 files changed)
    • [win32] drop VS2008 C++ redist package (PR:9527, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • paplayer: fix DVD_NOPTS_VALUE, return appropriate type on Seek (PR:9508, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [pvr] delay initial check for enabled addons (PR:9525, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Add TranslateSpecialPath to libAddon_helper interface (PR:9499, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [win32] Iterator debugging complains that it's invalid to call back on an emp… (PR:9532, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Thumbloader: skip sources with special protocol plugin, those fail an… (PR:9507, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Kellermann (PR:9530, 9 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [gui] Add listitem.status (PR:9516, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [estuary] - skin sync (PR:9533, 1 commit, 119 files changed)
    • [guilib] - change include definition syntax (PR:9114, 2 commits, 75 files changed)
    • [Estouchy] include reference attribute change (PR:9534, 1 commit, 15 files changed)
    • [gui] fix Container.PluginCategory InfoLabel (PR:9460, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Update Appveyor building after ffmpeg3 bump (4337deef)
  2. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • fix admin window, broke after work on connection handling (PR:70, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • FIX: speedup thumb loading (1c92696b)
      • CHG: ensure thumbs url are still valid (e899db1f)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Exclude [env] kodi-999.42-KEY_EPG.patch: Added upstream
    • Added: [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.*
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9535: [Builtins/Cec] add missing registrations
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just realised the RSS ticker has become enabled by default again in these builds... RSS is being disabled by default in LE so I temporarily disabled the patch and then forgot to re-enable it for OE builds... it will be fixed in the next build.
@Milhouse
Out of curiosity I switch to your latest LE build this morning together with the latest nightly update.
Do you optimize this build with different compiler flags? The startup and the GUI feels more quick.
Hi,
I'm using build #0401 and for also expreienced strange behaviour of freezing idle, ssh connection was not possible and I need a to cold reboot via pull the plug. Additionally during last evening movie watch I had few restarts of Kodi during playback. I have watched few different files and after 30-40 minutes from restart Kodi it happens again and again.
I have downloaded now new build. I'll check today if this persists with the same files I have watched yesterday.
(2016-04-02, 17:08)J_E_F_F Wrote: Over the last 6 months or so of nightlies I have noticed that it appears CPU usage, or at least clock speed is being utilized more. CPU load via TOP is still low, but clock speeds remain higher for longer on both my RPi2s. Before sitting idle, the CPU and Core clock would adjust dynamically back to their low states (600 and 250) and stay there until I used the device. Here is a screenshot from July 2015, after playing a movie you can see the frequency slow down at 09:42:24 and it would stay there until I played another movie. They would not move from 600/250 sitting idle at the desktop.

July 2015

These days it seems the clock speeds remain higher for longer periods of time and at random even though TOP shows 95% idle, and the Pi is just sitting at the desktop screen with nothing happening. This is indicative of what bcmstat normally shows at the desktop with the latest nightly builds, and it has been like this for quite a while. This is a screenshot from this morning:

April 2016

Any idea what is causing this, The only addon I have installed is devupdate and the setup is pretty much the same as it was 8 months ago with the exception of overclock settings, which have had no noticeable effect on this observation?
May I ask you how you get that summary screen with the CPU speeds?
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6