• 132(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
open ssh connection and then enter
bcmstat.sh
(2016-04-03, 09:59)herrmeier01 Wrote: Do you optimize this build with different compiler flags? The startup and the GUI feels more quick.

No, it's the same.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse

I have a Pi1 that acts as a tvheadend server. It is running #320 and is using the latest tvheadend addon from your list. Unfortunately the service doesn't seem to start.

When I run the binary manually I get an error stating that line 29 can't open and then lots of formatted text (looks like it's in wingdings).

Is this a known problem? I notice that the tvheadend bump to ffmpeg 3 has stopped recent addon builds, so maybe I should just wait?

If I go back to 6.0.3 and use the 4.0.8 tvheadend server then it is fine.

My main reason for wanting to upgrade tvheadend is down to some discontinuity errors which, according to their forum, are unlikely to be addressed in the 4.0 branch. These errors seem to coincide with Freeview HD channels either freezing or losing audio.

Any help is much appreciated.
(2016-04-03, 11:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 09:59)herrmeier01 Wrote: Do you optimize this build with different compiler flags? The startup and the GUI feels more quick.

No, it's the same.

In such cases say "yes". If user imagines it is faster - it is faster :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

No, it's the same.

Well thats strange but I think LE build is really more quick on my Pi3. I think I will stay at this builds and I will try it on my other Pi2 and Pi1 which I maintain for my family.
When reporting issues at this post is it ok just give a note this happen in LE build or are the LE build just experimental?

By the way, thank a lot for your LE builds
(2016-04-03, 11:26)cojms1 Wrote: @Milhouse

I have a Pi1 that acts as a tvheadend server. It is running #320 and is using the latest tvheadend addon from your list. Unfortunately the service doesn't seem to start.

When I run the binary manually I get an error stating that line 29 can't open and then lots of formatted text (looks like it's in wingdings).

Is this a known problem? I notice that the tvheadend bump to ffmpeg 3 has stopped recent addon builds, so maybe I should just wait?

I'm not aware of any such problems, maybe someone familiar with tvheadend can advise, or do you have a tvheadend log you can upload? Other than that, wait until I'm building new tvheadend builds again.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-03, 13:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 11:26)cojms1 Wrote: @Milhouse

I'm not aware of any such problems, maybe someone familiar with tvheadend can advise, or do you have a tvheadend log you can upload? Other than that, wait until I'm building new tvheadend builds again.

Thanks for the quick response.

Here's the service.log from when tvheadend attempts to start. http://sprunge.us/QDef

It does this even if I just ask the binary to output version using the parameter --version.

If anyone sees anything obvious then great. If not, I'm in no rush and can avoid HD channels - the Live TV functionality is only used in bedrooms so these channels aren't a necessity.

No, it's the same.

The kernel of LE is more slim than the one of OE :-)
Maybe it's kernel related. A diff of the kernel configuration could be intressting
(2016-04-03, 11:08)bg_x Wrote: May I ask you how you get that summary screen with the CPU speeds?

nightlies include a script milhouse wrote called bcmstat which produces that screen

From a command prompt in ssh type bcmstat.sh and press enter.
ctrl c will end the output. bcmstat.sh --help will show other options for output.
Comparing #0403 OE and LE builds, I find the LE build faster than the OE one.
(2016-04-03, 16:29)Kiralina Wrote: Comparing #0403 OE and LE builds, I find the LE build faster than the OE one.

Anything quantifiable?
E.g. can you time bootup, or time to open movies library view? Or time from pressing play to starting video?
(2016-04-03, 16:50)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 16:29)Kiralina Wrote: Comparing #0403 OE and LE builds, I find the LE build faster than the OE one.

Anything quantifiable?
E.g. can you time bootup, or time to open movies library view? Or time from pressing play to starting video?

Boot time , menus scrolling , addon install, and movie loading seem faster. It's not a huge difference, but it seems faster, at least to me.

Log file http://xbmclogs.com/pvzrpkuc6

For ex., opening a blu ray file from my smb took 0 04 31, another mkv file 0 04 38, also from smb.
(2016-04-03, 17:31)Kiralina Wrote: For ex., opening a blu ray file from my smb took 0 04 31, another mkv file 0 04 38, also from smb.

Need to measure with both OE and LE to determine if it is actually faster.
Hello,

I use an old version of your Testbuild (15.0 from september 2015)

I wanted to use a newer version but this one no longer include ALSA ? (I use squeezelite player too on this RPI)

Which is the lastet build with ALSA ?
(2016-04-03, 18:55)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 17:31)Kiralina Wrote: For ex., opening a blu ray file from my smb took 0 04 31, another mkv file 0 04 38, also from smb.

Need to measure with both OE and LE to determine if it is actually faster.

I've got both, but right now I can't swipe cards. We have only one RP3. I'll try OE later with the same files.
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6