• 134(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
I have gone back to build 330 and it is perfect, displaying the 3D icon as I would expect....

you can see the 3D symbol on the right.

Once I get to a build where it no longer functions would you need me to produce logs, not sure how they could help in this display problem....?
(2016-04-04, 17:48)Vimes Wrote: Once I get to a build where it no longer functions would you need me to produce logs, not sure how they could help in this display problem....?

Start with just the build number of the first bad build. Hopefully it will be obvious from the commits that went in that day where the problem came from.
(2016-04-04, 17:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 17:48)Vimes Wrote: Once I get to a build where it no longer functions would you need me to produce logs, not sure how they could help in this display problem....?

Start with just the build number of the first bad build. Hopefully it will be obvious from the commits that went in that day where the problem came from.

ok worked my way through the builds one at a time and the problem started with the 3D icon missing on build 402.

as you can see the same film is now listed as HD and not 3D....

the same applies to all my other 3D films.

Thankfully it is a display issue only as the TV / Kodi still switches to SBS 3D when selected.

But I do not know what are 2D or 3D films at the moment.
I got the Same Problem. 3D.MVC shows as HD as well on 0403. Same problem with the confluence skin.

Also I just noticed that opening a 3D I so file takes quite long. It takes 15-20s over a nfs share to open. I am not sure if it was always that long, but it does not feel right taking so long. The exact same movie as mkv opens instantaneously.

And while testing the 3D flag I noticed that some of my 3D iso files do not play anymore. I have no idea when this started. I guess this could be ffmpeg 3 related
In the log I first tried to play a file that now fails and the one that is still working.
Debug Log

And another thing I noticed with the updated confluence skin:
The transparencys now work again (thank you guys for that by the way). But they work a little bit too well. The message boxes that you acknowledge with an OK-Button are fully transparent now. You can only see the text and the button. This should also be in the logs: when the first movie did not play I got a transparent message that at least one file could not be played.
Thank you for your great work.

I'm using Kodi profiles.
Since it isn't possible to enable/disable Live TV manually in TV settings, I must disable/enable PVR addons to see Live TV menu option when I'm connected.
I have no EPG notifications and LiveTV menu is hidden when I'm connected. (addons are correctly started but first EPG notifications and LiveTV menu only appear when I disable/enable a PVR addon - TVHeadEnd and IPTV Simple client are used - both addons must be disabled/enabled if I want to see all channels)

Can be related to a specific setting?
I have tried to remove addons, EPG and TV databases with no more success.
(2016-04-04, 16:13)Vimes Wrote: Any ideas as to why films which are correctly tagged as being 3D, and were previous list in the list view with that label, are now showing as HD....?

If you switch to Confluence (from the repository) does that show 3D?

Edit: it pays to read all unread posts before replying... Confluence has the same issue, apparently.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0404: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Mon Apr 4 21:05:35 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 24 2016 12:49:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e16cd015026a8bda22bb50dc30b30ce07f52a202 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160404210441-#0404-g0026734 [Build #0404]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002485.429: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1e620a01, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (046effa1, ahead +10)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: adsp.basic (5cf12e83, +7), adsp.biquad.filters (af575f3d, +7), adsp.freesurround (6dc533be, +8), asplib (da66f517, +13), inputstream.mpd (6bd24f3f), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (974820ab, +25), pvr.demo (e74822f2, +21), pvr.dvblink (82c7b4d5, +20), pvr.dvbviewer (6ab861fa, +33), pvr.filmon (0d8dd5bd, +27), pvr.hdhomerun (fd9daf4a, +32), pvr.hts (0f88a357, +67), pvr.iptvsimple (b741cac7, +27), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (96f415e3, +52), pvr.mythtv (f8d25fda, +36), pvr.nextpvr (d445c5ad, +27), pvr.njoy (b9b0ae43, +19), pvr.pctv (f1880484, +25), pvr.stalker (14a7c70d, +28), pvr.vbox (e70146d8, +27), pvr.vdr.vnsi (b64e7b4c, +43), pvr.vuplus (d8c6f9ba, +23), pvr.wmc (898e2dad, +33)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.42-KEY_EPG.patch: Added upstream
  • Exclude [env] package.mk: dcadec: Drop (not needed anymore)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 6be9ebe7: libva / libva-driver-intel: bump to 1.7.0
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] 20965d0a: mesa: update to 11.2.0-rc4
  • Include [env] patch: xf86-video-intel: bump to 3fafabe
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix OE settings button after Estuary update
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.*
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8723: Implement filecache retry logic
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
  • Include [pkg] PR:9535: [Builtins/Cec] add missing registrations
  • Include [pkg] PR:9538: [Peripherals] m_bNeedsPolling broken for busses where it is set outsi?
  • Revert [pkg] e9a6d59f: VideoPlayer: inputstream, fix cp error (Reason: inputstream.mpd needs update) (kodi)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:9531: VideoPlayer: add method for requesting desired video resolution to demuxer (Reason: inputstream.mpd needs update)
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. VideoPlayer/MMAL render updates
  3. Changes to io_is_busy handling in kernel
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [json] fix params order for SetTVShowDetails (PR:9544, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [adsp] rework to new system who already on PVR (PR:9483, 4 commits, 26 files changed)
    • Videoplayer code cleanup & race condition fix (PR:9442, 4 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Cleanup dll loader / posix win32 emulation functions. (PR:8798, 13 commits, 66 files changed)
    • [EGLIMX] Added category D framebuffer modes (PR:9551, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib][fix] Fix "vector iterator not incrementable". dialog->Close … (PR:9547, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [EGLIMX] Added category D framebuffer modes (c70dfe76)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup speedup: move properties detection to cached (9c004bf3)
      • temp: MMALRenderer: Block in RenderUpdate to avoid high CPU with WaitPresentTime commits (edcd669b)
      • VideoPlayer: drop WaitPresentTime (486c045d)
      • VideoPlayer: simplify video rednering (3719cc63)
      • simplify render loop (2b9abe13)
      • VidoePlayer: do not block renderthread if no gui was rendered and video is separate layer (b0d6f50e)
      • move FinishPipeline from application to gfx context (cd704587)
      • squash: fix build after WaitPresentTime (2e022c00)
  3. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Revert "bcm2835-sdhost: Precalc divisors and overclocks" (9524a87e)
      • Revert "bcm2835-sdhost: Adjust to core clock changes" (28035a98)
      • bcm2835-sdhost: Firmware manages the clock divisor (08532d24)
      • Revert "Revert "cpufreq: Temporarily ignore io_is_busy=1"" (9f0a3f09)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-04, 21:40)niwa2 Wrote: And another thing I noticed with the updated confluence skin:
The transparencys now work again (thank you guys for that by the way). But they work a little bit too well. The message boxes that you acknowledge with an OK-Button are fully transparent now. You can only see the text and the button. This should also be in the logs: when the first movie did not play I got a transparent message that at least one file could not be played.

Can you provide a screenshot, or a way to reproduce? The yes/no/cancel dialogs I've seen are all appearing correctly in Confluence 3.0.7 with #0404. Make sure you've updated to Confluence 3.0.7 as 3.0.6 had broken/missing textures.
(2016-04-05, 04:20)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 16:13)Vimes Wrote: Any ideas as to why films which are correctly tagged as being 3D, and were previous list in the list view with that label, are now showing as HD....?

If you switch to Confluence (from the repository) does that show 3D?

Edit: it pays to read all unread posts before replying... Confluence has the same issue, apparently.

This was also an issue for Android and whilst I am unsure if the fix could be related at all here was the solution....

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/d3...f03e8d5937
As of Sun night (early Mon morning) kodi had not pushed an update to Confluence 3.0.7
It was however in kodi master so I had to manualy update
That did fix my transparent small rectangle boxes
(2016-03-31, 13:30)toppot Wrote: ... However (besides the lack of adding top level many items, and some other) the main reason I run with Rapier is due to some strange bug in TV mode (with Estuary). Some HD channels take 3-5 seconds to start, some mostly fails.. SD works fine. My TVHeadend is 4.1.xxx running on another server (Debian). With Rapier all channels (actually except 1, but that is just crazy strange - and only if I start in that channel) tune in in ~1 second...

At some point in the distant past I changed gpu_mem=256 to 128Mb.........
Now that it is back at 256, Live TV works as expected with both Rapier and Estuary skins!

- Just to inform, if other had seen strange behavior.. Still funny that somehow Estuary requires a bit extra gnu_mem compared to Rapier - but never mind..

Also: an update and a question. I am now on Libreelec 405. Is that the same as openelec 404Huh I am confused how come versions are not exactly the same, and how come openelec builds appear to be slightly more frequent than Libreelec (this one is for you Milhouse..)
The update: former problems with rare audio stutter seems gone. "adjusting playback to display" has been of for quite some time, but still it seems some small adjustments was made in the first 2 sec. of TV playback (around version 329 through 330... could be fewer or more).. This seems ALL GONE now - thanks Big Grin

This (Libreelec 0405) seems VERY stable for me - only problem still remaining since 3xx (both Openelec and Libreelec) is that somehow it seems that when idling for a long time the RPI2 seems to freeze.. Not sure if it is when I turn on TV (CEC remote), or just from the idling... All in CEC and screensaver is set to NOT sleep (it dims the screen, thats all) - but still this problem.
(killing kodi is often possible, but not always). And this is not from 5 min. idling (when screensaver kicks in), but perhaps after 1+ hour...

Dont know if it could be related to the "io_is_busy" changes - but now testing this Libre405 to see if it has improved. One thing has improved (since Libre403), and that is now it appears to stay in "underclock" speed 98% of the time when idling (and 90+% when playback), previously it would switch to overclock 30-60% of the time idling...

EDIT: Nope - still same problem... after 1,5 hour "something" made it stay in "overclock" territory... It did respond when I turned on the TV (great), but "something" is started after a while... Annoying..
And most surprisingly - a killall -9 kodi.bin did NOT bring the cpu utilization down to where it was before the pause/idle... A reboot did help.... Will try to let bcmstat run to see when if rises.....
(and probably I was just a bit impatient after killing kodi.bin... Only gave it 1 minute or something....)
Running build #1204 but after switching to the Confluence skin there's no way to go back to my different skin (Mimic). It tried to load the skin but ultimately does nothing and now I'm stuck with Confluence. This happens with other skins as well.
(2016-04-05, 12:31)mark_dj Wrote: Running build #1204 but after switching to the Confluence skin there's no way to go back to my different skin (Mimic). It tried to load the skin but ultimately does nothing and now I'm stuck with Confluence. This happens with other skins as well.

Are you using latest Mimic 4.x?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267268

The version in the repo doesn't support Krypton.
(2016-04-05, 12:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 12:31)mark_dj Wrote: Running build #1204 but after switching to the Confluence skin there's no way to go back to my different skin (Mimic). It tried to load the skin but ultimately does nothing and now I'm stuck with Confluence. This happens with other skins as well.

Are you using latest Mimic 4.x?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267268

The version in the repo doesn't support Krypton.

That seemed to have done the trick. Thanks Smile
(2016-04-05, 11:17)toppot Wrote: - Just to inform, if other had seen strange behavior.. Still funny that somehow Estuary requires a bit extra gnu_mem compared to Rapier - but never mind..

Not surprising. The gpu_mem required by GUI is very much skin dependent.
The number of textures loaded determines GPU memory use, and Estuary with it's recently added/recommended widgets for TV shows and movies is quite expensive.
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6