• 144(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-15, 10:57)Vimes Wrote: I have noted that in the last build or so when using my Remote Control to power down the Pi 3, (using the "Off" button) it will turn off my TV as required and also shutdown the Pi BUT it will no longer leave the Pi off with both the red and green light on - safe to fully power off.

Yes, that is the bug fix listed as:
Code:
bootcode: Ensure LED is switched off after halt on Pi3

It makes the Pi3 behaviour match pi1 and pi2.
You should get the 10 flashes of ACT, and then off to signal it is safe to power off.
(2016-04-14, 20:49)querty1000 Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 22:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 22:35)Sinisan Wrote: I'm asking again : "DVD playback remains temporarily disabled", what does it mean ? Are we talking about physical DVD, or DVD ISOs ?

It means that playback from DVD (both physical spinning silver disk, or ripped ISO file) is currently disabled until someone takes an interest in making it work again.

looks like OSMC have DVD playback
2310068 (post)

Hello !

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I tried right now (...with a version which doesn't exist : 16.8-057... Huh), and it doesn't run (iso dvd file).

It looks like nobody except Dodli and I has interest for DVD playback :roll eyes:

Have a good week-end, and thank you to all people working to build a wonderful free and powerful system.
(2016-04-15, 19:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 10:57)Vimes Wrote: I have noted that in the last build or so when using my Remote Control to power down the Pi 3, (using the "Off" button) it will turn off my TV as required and also shutdown the Pi BUT it will no longer leave the Pi off with both the red and green light on - safe to fully power off.

Yes, that is the bug fix listed as:
Code:
bootcode: Ensure LED is switched off after halt on Pi3

It makes the Pi3 behaviour match pi1 and pi2.
You should get the 10 flashes of ACT, and then off to signal it is safe to power off.

Ok. Wasn't aware of that being the default on the other Pi's.
For me I used to power it down with the remote and then when both lights are lit on the Pi use another remote to cut power to the plug for the Pi.
I'm not sure about the flashes you mention as it seemed to flash anyway.

It just seemed clearer before.
Apologies if this has been addressed. I just updated from a January build to the most recent. My only issue is I cannot get .strm files to play. They worked fine on those older builds. I even downgraded back to 0101 and found the .strm files work great. The new builds just fail to play them. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I should note each .strm file contains a single m3u8 file address.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2016-04-15, 20:55)Sinisan Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 20:49)querty1000 Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 22:42)Milhouse Wrote: It means that playback from DVD (both physical spinning silver disk, or ripped ISO file) is currently disabled until someone takes an interest in making it work again.

looks like OSMC have DVD playback
2310068 (post)

Hello !

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I tried right now (...with a version which doesn't exist : 16.8-057... Huh), and it doesn't run (iso dvd file).

It looks like nobody except Dodli and I has interest for DVD playback :roll eyes:

Have a good week-end, and thank you to all people working to build a wonderful free and powerful system.

I have gone back to openelec beta, as I can't play my dvd images :-(, but I could not work out why we have the issue in Millhouse builds.
I think the build code got foobared. I also can't see what the other build has done to get it back as there does not seem to be a related change.
Although I note they say that the required lib has been put back as a dependance yesterday/today. So... maybe it migh be the fix we need here too?
(2016-04-16, 00:56)javaboyuk Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 20:55)Sinisan Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 20:49)querty1000 Wrote: looks like OSMC have DVD playback
2310068 (post)

Hello !

I have gone back to openelec beta, as I can't play my dvd images :-(, but I could not work out why we have the issue in Millhouse builds.
I think the build code got foobared. I also can't see what the other build has done to get it back as there does not seem to be a related change.
Although I note they say that the required lib has been put back as a dependance yesterday/today. So... maybe it migh be the fix we need here too?

Some time ago I sent Millhouse a pm with all I knew about the libdvd* crossbuild issue,
the issue is quite trivial to fix, my own little OS has dvd playback enabled, but my patches are not compatible with OpenELEC.
However the PR which broke libdvd* stuff cross-build should have never been merged as it was, but that's up to kodi devs,
I lack the free time necessary to figure out Open/LibreELEC buildsystem and produce a patch,
if OpenELEC devs don't want or don't have time to fix it - don't blame them, they may have other more important things to do.
(2016-04-15, 10:21)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: The hostname is missing from the download links Milhouse Smile

Thanks, posts updated.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OSMC != OpenELEC. Patches that work for OSMC (or Raspbian) don't necessarily translate easily into the OpenELEC build system. The fixes employed by these other distributions may help, but are not necessarily the missing piece of the puzzle.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0415: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.7 #1 Sat Apr 16 00:16:48 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 12 2016 22:33:58
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 124875c58e250c4dcee3c52e8971166f184fa2e0 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160416001554-#0415-g0026734 [Build #0415]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002471.963: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f974026a, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y_rebase
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (efdcf168, ahead +20)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: adsp.basic (5cf12e83, +7), adsp.biquad.filters (af575f3d, +7), adsp.freesurround (6dc533be, +8), asplib (da66f517, +13), inputstream.mpd (690e5a23, +2), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (974820ab, +25), pvr.demo (e74822f2, +21), pvr.dvblink (82c7b4d5, +20), pvr.dvbviewer (6ab861fa, +33), pvr.filmon (0d8dd5bd, +27), pvr.hdhomerun (fd9daf4a, +32), pvr.hts (0f88a357, +67), pvr.iptvsimple (b741cac7, +27), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (96f415e3, +52), pvr.mythtv (f8d25fda, +36), pvr.nextpvr (d445c5ad, +27), pvr.njoy (b9b0ae43, +19), pvr.pctv (f1880484, +25), pvr.stalker (14a7c70d, +28), pvr.vbox (e70146d8, +27), pvr.vdr.vnsi (12364058, +44), pvr.vuplus (d8c6f9ba, +23), pvr.wmc (898e2dad, +33)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.42-KEY_EPG.patch: Added upstream
  • Exclude [env] package.mk: dcadec: Drop (not needed anymore)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 6be9ebe7: libva / libva-driver-intel: bump to 1.7.0
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] 20965d0a: mesa: update to 11.2.0-rc4
  • Include [env] 22081913: linux: Update to linux-4.4.7
  • Include [env] patch: xf86-video-intel: bump to 3fafabe
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix OE settings button after Estuary update
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.*
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9538: [Peripherals] m_bNeedsPolling broken for busses where it is set outsi?
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. FINAL OPENELEC BUILD. BUILDS CONTINUE BASED ON LIBREELEC, IN A NEW THREAD
  3. [chg] add guisetting to configure number of volume control steps. Default in these builds is 20. Change in Settings > System > Audio > Volume control steps
  4. Render changes - drop AfterRender, calculate lateness in discrete frames
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [chg] add guisetting to configure number of volume control steps (PR:9617, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • Remove HTTPFile / CURLAddOption PostData added (PR:9621, 2 commits, 10 files changed)
    • [win32] A set of DX fixes for windows. (PR:9624, 10 commits, 7 files changed)
    • AE: fix going to idle state after change of refresh rate (PR:9628, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • ActiveAE: Fix use of invalidated iterator (PR:9630, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [contextmenu] fix bad refactoring in f6ea8bf5 (83f959f8)
  2. inputstream.mpd:
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: drop method AfterRender (2c7628e6)
      • VideoPlayer: consider clock offset to vsync' (70e03e59)
      • VideoPlayer: calculate lateness in discrete frames (75f16d68)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • DVDFileInfo: Use av_malloc for ffmpeg intrinsics (ce8e6e32)
      • DVDCodecUtils: Use av_malloc for ffmpeg intrinsics (10d3d1e4)
      • LinuxRendererGL/LinuxRendererGLES: Use av_malloc for sws_scale interaction (8bbe53bc)
  4. kernel 4.4.y_rebase:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270X_DT: Add dpi24 overlay (282129d8)
      • Modify IQAudIO DAC+ ASoC driver to set card/dai config from dt (e0fd35e3)
      • Add support for the Digital Dreamtime Akkordion music player. (d2eebd13)
      • Add Support for BoomBerry Audio boards (f9dedfcd)
      • Add support for mcp7940x family of RTC (155ef93e)
      • bcm2709_defconfig: Fix typo on BoomBerry configuration directive (e20cde6a)
      • boomberry-dac: Adjust for ALSA API change (2555245a)
(2016-04-15, 21:59)ragedogg69 Wrote: Apologies if this has been addressed. I just updated from a January build to the most recent. My only issue is I cannot get .strm files to play. They worked fine on those older builds. I even downgraded back to 0101 and found the .strm files work great. The new builds just fail to play them. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I should note each .strm file contains a single m3u8 file address.

Bump.
Still having this issue on latest build.
Chris Sean's latest build seems to be working fine.
Thanks
(2016-04-16, 09:55)Dimitriss Wrote: Bump.
Still having this issue on latest build.
Chris Sean's latest build seems to be working fine.
Thanks
Identify the build when this first started happening, somewhere between build #0101 and current builds. Once we know the build that broke strm we can narrow down the exact commit.
I am facing a weird problem. I have massive buffering that makes it impossible for me to watch any movies. The issue only occurs with HD videos, so SD work. My RPi2 is wird to ethernet and everything used to work very well with unchanged setup. Also, when doing a completely fresh OE install, it does work again for some time. Any idea what could cause this issue? Attached a log file:

http://pastebin.com/tCttzTnJ
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-04-16, 13:52)steve1977 Wrote: I am facing a weird problem. I have massive buffering that makes it impossible for me to watch any movies. The issue only occurs with HD videos, so SD work. My RPi2 is wird to ethernet and everything used to work very well with unchanged setup. Also, when doing a completely fresh OE install, it does work again for some time. Any idea what could cause this issue? Attached a log file:

http://pastebin.com/tCttzTnJ

Don't have to time to go through every log - post one log please. But since this sounds network related, have you tried rebooting your router/NAS, or re-running an iperf test to verify your RPi is still working normally at the OS level?
Oh, I forgot that OE collects more than one log. Only the very last is relevant (I booted, played, buffered, stopped). I can repost if helpful?

I don't think it is a network issue. If I do a fresh install of OE on the RPi2, it does work again for a few days or weeks. After that time, the old behavior happens again. It feels almost like some cache running full or something like this?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
All good things come to an end - there will be no further Milhouse OpenELEC test builds.

You can find Milhouse LibreELEC RPi test builds here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269814

Many thanks to everyone that has tested these builds, hope to see you all helping make LibreELEC even better! Smile
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6