Easier music playlist making or importing
I'm looking at permissions on drive, and as far as I can tell all permissions for folders/subfolders and tracks are set for  "everyone" to "Read only".
So what other permissions does Kodi want?
Just Great! After posting in this thread all week, now my post thread has disappeared and all the comments by black_eagel are gone.

Where's the Kodi team? I've gotten no help with this issue.

At 1:36am central, I got this email. The post it references from black_eagle is not at the URL and all previous discussion is gone.
I may have finally gotten to the bottom of this issue with black_eagle only to not be able to read the full comment.

ds_tx,

black_eagle has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at Kodi Community Forum. This thread is titled Easier music playlist making or importing.

Here is an excerpt of the message:
------------------------------------------
Sigh.  You don't have a NAS. You have an external USB drive.  There is absolutely NO network protocol involved with an external drive like that so smb:// will never work as what you are telling Kodi there is to fetch the files from an SMB server somewhere on your network called 1.MacDOCS that is sharing a directory called Music.   But, as you've now stated this is just an external drive then there is no smb server to fetch the files from.

Those path subs you have posted point to an smb server, not an external drive.  The two things are completely different.

Here's a suggestion for you.  As you have added the drive as a source and can already play music from it, drop your path subs for the moment from your advancedsettings file.  Make one playlist with Kodi that uses some music from the drive. Save it.  Verify it plays. Open it in some text editor and see what the paths are.  Either create some path subs to remap directories based on those paths you see, or edit your playlists to ... (visit the thread to read more..)
------------------------------------------

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...on=newpost
I've moved the posts to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352259 because they are off topic for this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easier music playlist making or importing0