Current state and vision about AudioDSP
Sorry but I don't respond to such threads. It's a pain to read your No
We have rules how to submit such logs.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Sad to see this get removed out of the master branch, but I guess it had to happen.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13723

In the mean time I gave in and bought some headphones for 5.1 movie watching Smile
I hope it'll come back better like the support for Wayland did.
Just to bring everybody up to speed: AchimTuran was already working on a new implementation on which we where waiting for as a replacement for v18. But as he informed us, private live doesn't allow him to finish the work anytime soon. So since it's broken atm and won't get a replacement for v18, we decided to remove it for now, which eases up our currently ongoing refactoring/untangling of all core components. We still want ADSP and hope that Achim will find the time again to finish his work.
Sorry community for the late response, I'm currently very very busy and don't have much time for Kodi. Because I communicated to the team that I currently don't have time to contribute to AudioDSP V2.0 we decided to remove the entire code section as it didn't work and keeping code corpses isn't good for the project.
The rework is still available at my Github account but needs more love to get a stable system. I definitely want to continue the development when I have more time for Kodi again. Until now I already spend ~160h for the concept and the actual state of the implementation. If I don't continue the work it would be wasted time... Confused

Furthermore I'm now in the situation that I can share one reason why I actually don't have much time for Kodi and AudioDSP V2.0. Very early during AudioDSP add-on development I noticed that it is very hard to develop and analyze C/C++ signal processing applications. I always tried to find a good workflow or tool that would help me to quickly develop or verify my signal processing algorithms. But until today it seems to me that there isn't a real tool which would suit my needs. To be honest it needs so much effort to develop ~100 lines of DSP code with the existing tools. More effort is needed if you want to integrate that into an AudioDSP add-on. To cut a long story short, I definitly don't want to spend so much time for developing DSP stuff.
This was the reason why I started to write my own tool. I already put a lot more effort and time into the concept. Every day it is getting better and better. But more effort and time is needed to turn it into a real development tool. If you want to follow the progress of the tool you can follow this Twitter account: https://twitter.com/AlgorithmDev. Developing such a huge project in my spare time isn't the perfect working conditation which is why I try to create a business for it.

If the tool gets into a better shape and is more stable I will continue to work on AudioDSP V2.0. You will definitly be notified when I have some news  about AudioDSP. Nod
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Hi Turan. Why not take a ready-made EQ source code and attach it to the Kodi?
@Magnuson

AchimTuran is away from the project for the forseeable future. Don't expect a response Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i need parametric EQ or graphic EQualizer
(2019-01-24, 07:38)Karellen Wrote: @Magnuson

AchimTuran is away from the project for the forseeable future. Don't expect a response Smile
 looking for a programmer enthusiast, a lover of high-quality sound
+1 for Magnuson

I think a lot of people want to have a Equalizer Add-on with kodi. 
Kodi is very amazing for video but i think the audio part is more perfectible. So the equalizer is a very good solution to augmented the audio experience.

We are looking for a programmer team kodi. For the start, i think a little Add-on with only simple equalizer (with text parameter for exemple) will be a good solution. 

At this moment, I'm using a module with my system. This module propose an equalizer but I prefer an equalizer directly integrated in kodi.

Please Kodi team, Help Us !

Thanks a lot.
Hi fellow,

To clarify on kodi 18's AudioDSP, am I correct in saying that AudioDSP is running while I use "Fixed Audio", and or ""optimised". Back in kodi 17.6 AudioDSP settings is enabled for use on "Fixed Audio"... so it running?

I'm trying to make sure LPCM is outputed on my Nvidia Shield to AV reciever via Audio DSP, note I select "Fixed, 7.1 n limit sample rate to 96"

NOTE: on another device my Samsung Galaxy s9+ no longer has Dolby AC3 as a selectable option in Kodi 18, passthrough is grayed out. It was there in Kodi 17.6 because Dolby Atmos ran 1st time in the Galaxy S9.

Regards,

Canice
@Canice

There is no AudioDSP implementation in Kodi. It is currently an abandoned project.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Dear Karellen,

There is a way to create a very simple add-on to have only equalizer ?
Good job had been done about this project and for me it's a pity that the project stop !

Maybe you can revive this project with kodi team ?

Regards.
@polarrys

Sorry, but there is no interest from anyone currently active on the team to work on Audio DSP. Yes, it is a shame. Anybody in the wider community is welcome to attempt the work.

As for an Add-on, you could write in the Feature Request forum where the add-on developers look for interesting projects. Here... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=251

Clearly state how you would intend to use it and what features and functions it should contain.

I don't like your chances, but you never know.
My Signature
Dear Karellen,

I create a new post here : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340695

I hope the community  respond.

Thks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current state and vision about AudioDSP6