Current state and vision about AudioDSP
Hi community, sorry for the late response I was very busy during the last months. The problem with AudioDSP is the intogration into Kodis core. You will need some time to define a easy to use API for Add-ons and the handling inside ActiveAE. It is technically possible but you will need a lot of time, which I currently can't provide. Furthermore the maintenance and bug fixing of this feature still requires also a lot of time. To do it right you will need more than one developer, because the task is to big for one developer, which works on this feature as a side project.

But I still hope to continue the work on AudioDSP in the future. I learned so much from the development of this feature, but I always missed the tooling for C++ signal processing application development and testing. I don't like to use the full Kodi stack for binary add-on development! This is the reason why I focused on this issue during the last months and created a closed source prototype that is able to process any type of signal processing application. Great news most features are implemented, but the prototype still requires more time to do it right and create a first release. I hope to get this project to a good shape at the end of this year! If you like to learn more about this project and get the latest state feel free to follow https://twitter.com/algorithmdev. It's also possible to integrate AudioDSP add-ons into the tool as you can develop so called environment plugins. Wink
But it might be a licensing problem with GPL as the code base is currently closed source. Confused I hope I will find a solution for this issue!

As I said many times if I continue to work on AudioDSP you will see the progress in https://twitter.com/turanachim. I still really like the idea of this add-on extension point! It's a feature, which is still missing in Kodi. Hopefully there will be more developers in the future that like to dive into the world of digital audio signal processing. It's always great to work in group on this feature.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Hi community,

today I like to announce that I will continue the work on AudioDSP. During the last days I started to review the work I did in my library asplib (Achim's Signal Processing LIBrary), which is was the base of adsp.biquad.filters and adsp.xconvolver. The library will get a rework and some modules will be dropped as they are no longer required with my new toolchain. More informations about my toolchain will follow in the future. It took some time to develop, which was on of the reasons why I was not around in the forum or continued to work on AudioDSP. I really learned a lot from this project and my C/C++ signal processing workflow evolved a lot over the last two years and it is now a lot easier for me to test my algorithms with existing tools like Python, Octave or MATLAB. Furthermore the toolchain will help me to develop algorithms, test them without any dependency to AudioDSP and will make it possible to deliver them faster into the AudioDSP add-ons. More updates about my workflow will follow. Wink

Here are some first results, which I did during the last two days.
ImageImageImage
   fast convolution test               biquad test                     compressor test

During the time of writing I currently don't have any dead lines or can't say when you will be able to use AudioDSP again. Honestly AudioDSP is a big spare time project and it will need some time to suit my vision, which is one of the reasons why I will not officially mention any dead lines. Cool

But I will create a milestone plan that you can see what are my next steps. Moreover I will try to share the current state here in the forum or on Twitter.

Hi Kodi community,

I do have a small christmas present for you. Today I worked on the AudioDSP road map and it is visible for everyone here.

As you might guess from the past I will start with the Windows platform as it is the operating system, which I'm mostly familar for C/C++ development and honestly I really like the Visual Studio IDE. Furthermore it is the platform, which I use for watching movies with Kodi. If everything works properly I will start to port the code base to other operating systems like Android, Linux, Mac OS...
From the past I guess that most of you use Android for Kodi right? If that is the case I will start to work on this platform if everything works properly under Windows.
Or if a developer wants to help and use a other platform for developing Kodi we can talk about to work on this platform at first.

Moreover I like to me more transparent during the AudioDSP V2.0 rework, which was the reason why I created the issue list on Github.

It's quite easy to follow the development of AudioDSP V2.0 if you know how to read the Github project columns.
Just follow these simple rules and you know what is the current state.
  1. I'm currently working on the issues, which are in the In Progress column
  2. Issues in the column Backlog will be done one after another
  3. Issues in the Done column are implemented and closed

See the following screenshot for more details.

As you see it is a lot of work to get AudioDSP working again in Kodi, which is the reason why I don't mention any dates when something will be available or not. Wink

It's the first proposal for the road map and I'm pretty sure that it will change over the next days until I'm happy with the schedule. When #21 - Create AudioDSP V2 Road Map is closed the schedule should be in a stable state, which doesn't mean I will not change it again. Rofl
Furthermore I like to add detailed descriptions to any issue in the road map to let you know what is behind the head line.

Sorry guys,

I forgot that the AudioDSP was read only...
The issue should be fixed now.

(2019-12-27, 23:09)AchimTuran Wrote: Sorry guys,

I forgot that the AudioDSP was read only...
The issue should be fixed now.

Yep all fixed, great to hear this is being taken up again. One of the most exiting projects of recent years on Kodi.
Thx a lot. Great to hear that the feature is still required.

I'm also looking forward to the come back of AudioDSP. I really hope that I can reuse most of the code, which was written around AudioDSP to move faster forward. Cool

Still waiting for a wall mount for my beamer. Then I will integrate Kodi again into my watching evens and later tune the sound with AudioDSP. Nod

(2019-12-22, 03:09)AchimTuran Wrote: Hi community,

today I like to announce that I will continue the work on AudioDSP.

Dear AchimTuran

It's a real great news !!! Thanks for your work. I hope you a great success with AudioDsp.
i'm using Libreelec and I hope AudioDSP will be avaible in this platform

Regards.
So all Github issues now provide a more or less detailed description.

I will review them during the next days and close the first issue. Then I will start to define the binary add-on API. Wink

(2019-12-29, 19:40)polarrys Wrote: Dear AchimTuran

It's a real great news !!! Thanks for your work. I hope you a great success with AudioDsp.
i'm using Libreelec and I hope AudioDSP will be avaible in this platform

Regards. 
Thank you very much @polarrys.

So far I know Libereelec is based on Linux. So if issue https://github.com/AchimTuran/xbmc/issues/26 and/or https://github.com/AchimTuran/xbmc/issues/29 (currently not sure if they have a dependency to each other) will be closed it should be possible to get AudioDSP working on Libreelec.

But please keep in mind this will take some time and I can't say when these milestones will be reached. Lets see, only the time will tell use the answer. Nod

Maybe go for Kodi v19 directly? There will have to be a port to python v3 for that anyway and a longer roadmap would take the pressure off :-)
@AchimTuran I agree it would also make sense to do this against Kodi 19. It will save you the heartache of re-work, plus if there are underlying issues that need to be fixed in Kodi that is much easier to do in 19.

All the best with this. I look forward to "hearing" the results of your efforts.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-12-22, 03:09)AchimTuran Wrote: Hi community,

today I like to announce that I will continue the work on AudioDSP. During the last days I started to review the work I did in my library asplib (Achim's Signal Processing LIBrary), which is was the base of adsp.biquad.filters and adsp.xconvolver. The library will get a rework and some modules will be dropped as they are no longer required with my new toolchain. More informations about my toolchain will follow in the future. It took some time to develop, which was on of the reasons why I was not around in the forum or continued to work on AudioDSP. I really learned a lot from this project and my C/C++ signal processing workflow evolved a lot over the last two years and it is now a lot easier for me to test my algorithms with existing tools like Python, Octave or MATLAB. Furthermore the toolchain will help me to develop algorithms, test them without any dependency to AudioDSP and will make it possible to deliver them faster into the AudioDSP add-ons. More updates about my workflow will follow. Wink

Here are some first results, which I did during the last two days.
ImageImageImage
   fast convolution test               biquad test                     compressor test

During the time of writing I currently don't have any dead lines or can't say when you will be able to use AudioDSP again. Honestly AudioDSP is a big spare time project and it will need some time to suit my vision, which is one of the reasons why I will not officially mention any dead lines. Cool

But I will create a milestone plan that you can see what are my next steps. Moreover I will try to share the current state here in the forum or on Twitter.

Hi AchimTuran,

I have been visiting the audio DSP section of Kodi forum time by time with less and less hope that this addon will be available ever again. You can imagine how glad I was when read your post about restarting the work. I am still forced to use very old Libreelec 7.90.008 version which had an updated version of your old addon and works like a charm. Actually that is the most stable part of the system Smile
This is running on my kitchen internet radio based on an RPi and Hifiberry amp. I could not upgrade to newer releases due to lack of equalizer.

I also suggest you to port your solution to rapsberry/libreelec first. I can offer my support with testing as I am not an experienced SW designer to help with coding.
does anyone know how to get audio dsp installed on kodi dsplayer 17 or have a zip file I can use 
dolby pro logic II on ffdshow distorts the audio and AC3 filter works but it crashes too much 
kinda need a software pro logic encoder since Im using a direct feed to my amp to PC.
I have no any hope dsp will back to Kodi before my death. So now I can say I don't need it anymore, because: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000215515715.html for now that's the only solution and it will never be removed or deprecated.
(2020-08-19, 10:21)giaur Wrote: I have no any hope dsp will back to Kodi before my death. So now I can say I don't need it anymore, because: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000215515715.html for now that's the only solution and it will never be removed or deprecated.

I have also given up with Kodi. Found another solution: https://www.picoreplayer.org/ It has almost everything I need out of the box. Touchscreen, GPIO button and rotary encoder support, equalizer, etc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current state and vision about AudioDSP6