• 62(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
HI I want to buy Android Box for gift. What product you recomend

-My budget is 60$
-My father wiil use box to watch film by kodi
-Watch you tube
-Shearch internet by broswer
-Box will good to have Airplay, DLNA or Miracast?

What box you recomend
To use an Internet browser on Android on a TV you either need a Wireless Air Mouse remote or Wireless Keyboard & Trackpad combo. An Infra Red Remote control will not be usable with a browser.

Any "Fully Loaded" Amazon Pirate Kodi devices will receive no Kodi forum support when you come here looking for help with the inevitable problems that will pop up.

AirPlay & Miracast will be unreliable or not work at all. AirPlay needs Apple Hardware to work properly.

If you are in the USA, seriously just get a $69 Xiaomi Mi Box running the very easy to use, remote friendly, officially licensed, Android TV OS for your Father. All that cheap Android junk on Amazon will be a Real PITA to use. Your Father will hate it.

Then download / sideload a Browser for the Mi Box and get a mini Bluetooth or Wireless Trackpad / Keyboard combo to use with a browser.

Does anyone have any serious experiences with the i3/i5/i7 NUCs that are sold at Aliexpress? I was thinking about upgrading my Asus Chromebox at some point and I need a dual boot system of Kodi and Win10. A powerful i* might do the trick.
(2016-11-08, 03:57)wrxtasy Wrote: If you are in the USA, seriously just get a $69 Xiaomi Mi Box running the very easy to use, remote friendly, officially licensed, Android TV OS for your Father. All that cheap Android junk on Amazon will be a Real PITA to use. Your Father will hate it.

Then download / sideload a Browser for the Mi Box and get a mini Bluetooth or Wireless Trackpad / Keyboard combo to use with a browser.

I Would be looking into this too if i was in the us, prob is if ur outside getting is more like 100 eu.... so getting a c2 is slightly cheaper and has more reusability options for me.

edit: oh ive found it in aliexpress for 73eu if i buy the 11-11-16.

what are the firmware problems mi box has?

and how would the usability of the product be outside of the us?

I guess i can switch languaje ( can it do voice searches in other languajes?)
Read this Mi Box POST and follow the links.

I'm not about to repeat already written info.

Be very careful. There is a old (non USA) 1GB Xiaomi Mi Box 3, that looks identical running Android 5.1.1

yeah sorry, ive found the review in the first/second post.

still i need to know if its usable outside usa, and if i can swap voice search languaje, which is not commented in the review.

its abit of downer it does not have gigabit ethernet though.

the model im seeing is 2gb ram and android tv 6.0.
The first Kaby Lake barebones are showing up (ASRock Beebox-S 7100U/7200U) in German online shops.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/Beebo...y%20Lake)/

Has anyone ordered one yet?
(2016-11-08, 11:19)ximae Wrote: still i need to know if its usable outside usa, and if i can swap voice search language, which is not commented in the review.
In Android Settings > Speech > You can pick a whole lot of different (non English) languages for Voice Search

I changed mine to Australian. Seems to work nicely Smile

Similar to this setting:
https://support.google.com/websearch/ans...roid&hl=en

(2015-12-21, 03:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Q. Android Kodi boxes with up to 4K online streaming Apps, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video etc & some light gaming:
  • nVIDIA Shield (the fastest Android box of them all)
  • Amazon Fire TV2
  • Xiaomi Mi Box
Compare Android Streaming Media Players HERE

Q. I need proper 1080p/4K Amazon (Prime) Instant Video streaming, with a DIY sideload of the Kodi App ?
  • Amazon devices - Amazon Stick - Fire TV1 + Fire TV2 (4K)

If Xiaomi Mi Box can Stream Netflix, Amazon Instant Video (as well as Prime Instant Video)
then WeTek Play 2 could do this as well with the Android TV rom? Am I right? Because I'm about to buy one Big Grin

(So and if Amazon streaming works, why not 1080p? I thought, it switches itself to 1080p if required bandwidth is available? What else is it related to?)
(2016-11-08, 12:58)lama0900 Wrote: If Xiaomi Mi Box can Stream Netflix, Amazon Instant Video (as well as Prime Instant Video)
then WeTek Play 2 could do this as well with the Android TV rom? Am I right? Because I'm about to buy one Big Grin

(So and if Amazon streaming works, why not 1080p? I thought, it switches itself to 1080p if required bandwidth is available? What else is it related to?)
No, I will have to reword that section. Amazon (Prime) Instant Video is only working on the nVIDIA Shield (1080p 5.1 Audio only) and the Amazon devices. Its been tested and NOT working now on the Play2.
No one has tested the Sony TV AIV App on the Mi Box that I know of.

(2016-11-08, 13:26)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 12:58)lama0900 Wrote: If Xiaomi Mi Box can Stream Netflix, Amazon Instant Video (as well as Prime Instant Video)

No, I will have to reword that section. Amazon (Prime) Instant Video is only working on the nVIDIA Shield (1080p 5.1 Audio only) and the Amazon devices. Its been tested and NOT working now on the Play2.
No one has tested the Sony TV AIV App on the Mi Box that I know of.

From this it follows, that there's no Android box at the moment for Amazon (Prime) Instant Video (independent of 1080p/4K) and Netflix (independent of 4K), and watching TV via built-in DVB-S2/T2/C.
Am I right with this at least?
The PVR project for the nVIDIA Shield may be able to do that:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-t...d-t3303424

(2016-11-08, 13:51)wrxtasy Wrote: The PVR project for the nVIDIA Shield may be able to do that:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-t...d-t3303424

Thank you.
Hopefully WeTek finds a way to support this all with WP2s.
I wanna support them, because they should get more present in consumer market (not only the tech-guys) Laugh

Thanks anyway, I'll have a look at the nVidia Shield tvheadend project (but this thing is so damn expensive Big Grin EDIT: I forgot: AND BIG - compared to WP2 eg.)
The AIV App does work, but only in 480p Res. on the Play2, you can read the latest info from this thread:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...deo#latest

What I have noticed is the Netflix ATV OS App when run on Approved Netflix AMLogic boxes, is far more stable when used with HDCP2.2 Android 6.0 Marshmallow AML Firmware, such as that found on the Mi Box and the test MM Firmware that has just come out for the WeTek Hub.
So good news for WeTek going forward.

(2016-11-08, 03:57)wrxtasy Wrote: What you mean by "Any "Fully Loaded" Amazon Pirate Kodi devices...."
What you think about this [link to piracy box removed, user warned, nickr]
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28