• 133(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-08-28, 13:25)marck120 Wrote: What does it mean. "Estuary" ?

It's the Kodi default skin that replaced 'Confluence'. It's the standard user interface 'look' you get on a stock Kodi install (and recommended for initial set-up as it shows all menu options - other skins don't always)
The SD card Kingston microSDHC UHS-I U3 90R/80W 32GB is recommended and compatible for LibreElec?
This sdcard is faster than Samsung Evo+.
Or the Kingston Gold uhs-i U3 16GB which is 90R and 45W? This last is cheaper than the first mentioned.
Please re-read again what has already been written and linked to:

(read the TIPs)

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options

Do not base you decision on sequential speeds, Its Random 4K Read / Write performance that are most important for Kodi and LibreELEC speed.

The Best microSD Cards

Hi dear friends!wrxtasy i want to buy a new tv box for kodi use mostly at about 70 usd!i focus most to mi box.i see some other boxes like h96 pro plus,beelink gt1 ultimate but i find xiaomi the best choice.i want smooth kodi movies series hd audio.thats the most important.!
(2017-08-28, 13:33)wrxtasy Wrote: https://kodi.tv/article/brand-new-look-f...i-versions

(2017-08-28, 13:43)noggin Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 13:25)marck120 Wrote: What does it mean. "Estuary" ?

It's the Kodi default skin that replaced 'Confluence'. It's the standard user interface 'look' you get on a stock Kodi install (and recommended for initial set-up as it shows all menu options - other skins don't always)

Perfect, thank you very much, now I understand, on windows 10 on kodi I have skin aeonmq6.mod, so with the skin Estuary, from the menu can I run the dual boot without needing to remove the SD card from the box ? (Both with 905 and 905x CPU)
With Android TV does the MECOOL M8S Pro+ support automatic refreshrate changes and correctly sync 24p sources as 23.976hz?
(2017-08-28, 16:31)Thormmy Wrote: With Android TV does the MECOOL M8S Pro+ support automatic refreshrate changes and correctly sync 24p sources as 23.976hz?
No, that does not work at all with Android Krypton Kodi. But of course if you dual boot to LibreELEC Kodi Krypton everything works.

For AMLogic devices - only the MINIX U9 and WeTek Hub / Play2 with their unofficial Android TV ROM's have Android Kodi Krypton dynamic refresh switching working properly for smooth 24p video playback.

(2017-08-28, 16:13)marck120 Wrote: ... so with the skin Estuary, from the menu can I run the dual boot without needing to remove the SD card from the box ? (Both with 905 and 905x CPU)
Yes, Estuary Skin only on regular LibreELEC S905(x) boxes. Choose any other LibreELEC Krypton Skin and you will loose the Dual boot option and have to remove SD card to boot to internal Android.

(2017-08-28, 16:05)rapart Wrote: Hi dear friends! wrxtasy i want to buy a new tv box for kodi use mostly at about 70 usd! i focus most to mi box.i see some other boxes like h96 pro plus,beelink gt1 ultimate but i find xiaomi the best choice.i want smooth kodi movies series hd audio.thats the most important!

None of those boxes are going to give you Kodi dynamic refresh switching for smooth video playback.
However the Mi Box has the best Wireless remote for Android TV and does HD audio.

It's why i keep recommending the DIY (ethernet only) 2GB/16GB MECOOL M8S Pro + because it is:
a) cheap
b) can dual boot for some Android TV action with 1080p Netflix, HBO etc 4K Youtube as well.
c) works well with LibreELEC Kodi Krypton for smooth video playback with HD Audio and..
d) with the money you save with the MECOOL you can then buy a really nice MINIX A2 lite, Plug and Play - Wireless remote and end up with a really decent Kodi media player.

** Having said all that for Android Kodi Krypton boxes that do not have working dynamic refresh rate switching this can be setup and it works reasonably well if you do not have any other Kodi option's like superior LibreELEC to use:

"Sync playback to Display" - with cheap Android Hardware.

@wrxtasy

Perfect, thank you so much, it's all clear, regarding the MECOOL M8S Pro + I wanted to report a movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTzK8IfvgD0, I hope it's not a common problem.
so the best device at about 70 80 usd for kodi use mostly is the mecool m8s pro+?I dont know if i have the posibility to use ethernet yet but maybe gonna buy router.any other device ?i would like hd audio too with kodi.does mecool gives that?appreciate your answers.From what i have read mi box is great for kodi use but i want to use libreelec and Kodi dynamic refresh switching for smooth video playback too.
(2017-08-28, 18:24)marck120 Wrote: @wrxtasy

Perfect, thank you so much, it's all clear, regarding the MECOOL M8S Pro + I wanted to report a movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTzK8IfvgD0, I hope it's not a common problem.

That is the AMLogic S912 Pro not the AMLogic S905X Pro + we have been talking about.

I do NOT recommend the AMLogic S912 Pro. You definitely do not want the AMLogic S912 for LibreELEC.

Would the mecool be a better choise than the wetek play2 for libreelec if you ignore the price difference ? or are they equal ?
(2017-08-28, 19:07)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 18:24)marck120 Wrote: @wrxtasy

That is the AMLogic S912 Pro not the AMLogic S905X Pro + we have been talking about.

I do NOT recommend the AMLogic S912 Pro. You definitely do not want the AMLogic S912 for LibreELEC.

Sorry, I did not know the box in the movie was the AMLogic S912 Pro. With the 905x cpu I also found the Qbox:

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-...b16gb.html

However it has android marshmallow not nougat.
i am so confused now:/
(2017-08-28, 19:45)hausmanis Wrote: Would the mecool be a better choise than the wetek play2 for libreelec if you ignore the price difference ? or are they equal ?

If you need Gigabit Ethernet, guaranteed working Dual Band 2.4/5GHz b/g/n WiFi / Bluetooth, SPDIF and an optional inbuilt working TV Tuner get the S905 WeTek Play2 for LibreELEC.

If you need 100M Ethernet & HDR & VP9 Profile 2 support get the AML S905X MECOOL for LibreELEC. WiFi does not work with the MECOOL with LibreELEC. It's poor 2.4Ghz WiFi only anyway when using Android. The MECOOL should really be considered an Ethernet only box.

For working Bluetooth with LibreELEC you need to add a cheap v4.0 CSR BT USB dongle to the MECOOL.

If you need a AML S905X LibreELEC box with guaranteed working Dual Band b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth look at the Khadas Vim devices.
The S905X 2GB/16GB Vim Pro has top spec AC WiFi.

There are further guaranteed working AC WiFi options in this post:

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options

Pick which features are most important to you in any media player and work from there.
Suggestion is to make a list & include a budget.

So for wifi,hd audio,HDR,maybe ethernet(not my priority) mostly for kodi use and libreelecwith dynamic refresh switch ?Whats the choices?can i get sth better from mi box?
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28