• 139(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
@Pajoe,

OSMC (click) running on the Vero4K is not Android, it is a close Linux relation to LibreELEC and shares a lot of the same AMLogic Linux Kernel code and Kodi patches.

(2017-09-05, 14:55)wrxtasy Wrote: @Pajoe,

OSMC (click) running on the Vero4K is not Android, it is a close Linux relation to LibreELEC and shares a lot of the same AMLogic Linux Kernel code and Kodi patches.

thanks for the info
Evening all, sorry to jump into the end of a long thread, but seen the buyers guide at the start and still not entirely sure which machine best suits me...

I don't want android at all... my tv is only 1080p at the moment, until it dies I won't be changing it... I'll be watching iptv and streams from my home server.... (all via ethernet)

I was thinking vero4k or a odroid c2?

With either you recommend the minix a2 lite keyboard remote too?

Kind regards

Tom
(click) LE forums - Choosing a AML S905 / S905X / S905W / S905D box discussion.

so much search....so At this time i dont own a 4k tv.I dont know yet when i am going to buy one but i will for sure.I wanted 4k support for future proof but at this timemaybe i can a bit ignore it.I am kodi user and i want smooth playback dynamic refresh rate etc..so should i go with a cheap android device s905 or s905x from china or raspi 3?money are bit the same.i mean with chinese there are issues like wifi remote etc.and raspi is so up to date.huge community.and i like all that DIY.but still u read at chinese box all in one 4k hdr and stuff.what u say wrxtasy?i was to go for vero 4k but still have my concerns.maybe when i truly need vero a new media center will be available and better.
The Vero 4K will do virtually everything you want to do today and when you get a 4K display in the future, with excellent support from the OSMC team. OSMC is superior to any of the Android KODI boxes. You'll spend a little bit more up front but it should save you future headaches, let alone time and money. IMHO.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
As i can see you own rpis?whats ur opinion for raspi3 with libreelec or osmc?Its enjoyable?runs smooth kodi?
Dear All,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I want to buy a device to play some movies & music.

I have an old TV (KDL-40S2000) that maximum resolution is 1080i and a old Audio Home Cinema (DAV-DZ700FW) with only Dolby Digital and DTS supports.

For audio, I need and ouput Spidif (optical or digital) with passtrought support.

My first device is Xiaomi mi box tv 3s when I read:https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275083&pid=2446197#pid2446197

5.1 / 7.1 AC3 / DD+ / Dolby Atmos/TrueHD, DTS:X/HD-Master Audio passthrough confirmed working with Kodi Krypton

I do the correct if I buy this gadget?

The next option, MINIX U1, its doubling the price...

Thanks in advance!
(2017-09-07, 16:43)rapart Wrote: As i can see you own rpis?whats ur opinion for raspi3 with libreelec or osmc?Its enjoyable?runs smooth kodi?

I currently use a raspberry pi 3 with openelec. It works great and runs smooth - except it doesnt decode H.265 or 41k. CEC is good.
I'm considering the Vero 4K box but am wondering if anyone can confirm if Tidal only works on Android boxes

The main use for the box will be to play video files off a flash drive that I'll connect directly to the box. The only add-on I really want to use is Tidal to stream music and, hopefully, if it's possible, video. And that's where my question comes in

As Vero 4K runs OSMC instead of Android I was wondering if anyone can confirm that Tidal works on it

Thank you
(2017-09-07, 16:32)MidnightWatcher Wrote: The Vero 4K will do virtually everything you want to do today and when you get a 4K display in the future, with excellent support from the OSMC team. OSMC is superior to any of the Android KODI boxes. You'll spend a little bit more up front but it should save you future headaches, let alone time and money. IMHO.

i can +1 that comment, recently went to buy a Vero 4k aswell and its an amazing product for Kodi (osmc) everything just works perfectly and its plug and play aswell.

Tobad tho that you cant get perfect kodi mixed with good app support like android.

The best solution for perfectionists like me today is to get a Vero 4k for Kodi and another android box for the apps if you dont got every app you need built in your tv already.
Personally i live in Sweden so the local TV apps is missing in my samsung and thats why i use a android box aswell.
(2017-09-08, 19:52)hausmanis Wrote: Tobad tho that you cant get perfect kodi mixed with good app support like android.

Nvidia Shield TV gives you a very stable AndroidTV Nougat and Kodi (or SPMC) from the PlayStore.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Hello Guys, just got Kodi and love it. Can anybody tell me how to set up a Library for Kodi 17.4?
(2017-09-08, 20:49)TOBRO Wrote: Hello Guys, just got Kodi and love it. Can anybody tell me how to set up a Library for Kodi 17.4?

This may help https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=h...tCrTWBNZU0
anyone can help me, please?

(2017-09-07, 18:08)ravens Wrote: Dear All,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I want to buy a device to play some movies & music.

I have an old TV (KDL-40S2000) that maximum resolution is 1080i and a old Audio Home Cinema (DAV-DZ700FW) with only Dolby Digital and DTS supports.

For audio, I need and ouput Spidif (optical or digital) with passtrought support.

My first device is Xiaomi mi box tv 3s when I read:https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275083&pid=2446197#pid2446197

5.1 / 7.1 AC3 / DD+ / Dolby Atmos/TrueHD, DTS:X/HD-Master Audio passthrough confirmed working with Kodi Krypton

I do the correct if I buy this gadget?

The next option, MINIX U1, its doubling the price...

Thanks in advance!
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28