Release Transparency!
Here's the debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25469736
@hurricane51,

That debug log is no good. You need to Enable debugging mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging. Restart Kodi and replicate the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did that, following the instructions given. I'll try again. Do I have to enable component logging also? The instructions say not to do that unless requested.
No, don't enable component logging unless @ronie has specifically requested it.

Maybe you did enable but uploaded the wrong file. Here is an extract explaining the difference between the two logs...

Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK, this time I started debugging, ran the app until I replicated the problem, shut down debugging and this is the log file that resulted. I did not restart KODI.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25470281
Ok better, but you started the log almost at the end. You missed the step about restarting Kodi after you enabled debugging.

I don't know what @ronie is looking for, so can't check if you caught it in the debug section. As long as you are confident that you caught the issue after you enabled debugging.
My Signature
Hi Ronie,
The Transparency Skin seems be fantastic!
I have a quick question: Is it possible to customize the alignment, where to show the File Browser on playlist windows as well as the Side-bar display to all the way to Top instead of center, for example.

I attached screenshot as an example I tried to do for Karaoke: The playlist browser overlapped karaoke's text display, when it's playing in full screen mode while showing playlist for queuing songs.

Thank you in advance.
(2017-09-05, 07:13)hurricane51 Wrote: OK, this time I started debugging, ran the app until I replicated the problem, shut down debugging and this is the log file that resulted. I did not restart KODI.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25470281

please have another look: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
it's important to follow the steps... especially #3 ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-09-05, 10:17)LeMinh Wrote: I have a quick question: Is it possible to customize the alignment, where to show the File Browser on playlist windows as well as the Side-bar display to all the way to Top instead of center, for example.

nope, you would need to modify the skin xml code yourself to accomplish that.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-09-05, 10:34)ronie Wrote:
(2017-09-05, 10:17)LeMinh Wrote: I have a quick question: Is it possible to customize the alignment, where to show the File Browser on playlist windows as well as the Side-bar display to all the way to Top instead of center, for example.

nope, you would need to modify the skin xml code yourself to accomplish that.

Thank you for quick replying!
Great! Please help to show me what needed to modify in the skin xml codes, then I will try to accomplish this!
BTW, I also need to align the player windows to the Top right corner as well, could you please help?

Thanks again.
Would like to change the colours for text on home menu to a little darker blue, or even to have the selection highlight changed.  Another colour change I am trying to figure out is the selection buttons in various menus.  Again, want to change the blue colour to a darker blue.

I have a vision impairment, with a darker colour to contrast from other colours would make things much easier to see.  I have looked through the colors\defaults.xml file making a few changes:

<color name="blue">FF009CFF</color>                // FF4DBAFF

Anyone know where the settings are to change the colours for the selection buttons?
(2018-12-08, 23:47)Zaragosa Wrote: Anyone know where the settings are to change the colours for the selection buttons?
Which selection buttons? A screenshot if possible
My Signature
First Pic is of Home Screen.  You can see change made to ..\colors\defaults.xml file

to:  <color name="blue">FF009CFF</color>

This giving a slightly stronger blue for the highlighted selection.

Second pic is of Transparency Settings Skin.  What I am unable to figure out is how to change the color of the blue dot for a activated item.
For example: Movies - Hide cases, is not activated and has a grey color
whereas, Movies - Enable logs, is activated and has a blue color.
I want to make the blue darker or a different color.

Taken while paused on film.  The play button is currently selected, wow that is hard to see.
I want to change this so it will be more obvious of which button is currently highlighted.

Any ideas on which file and code needs to be changed to accomplish the above?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kodi 17.6
Transparency 10.3.0
I am guessing that those radio buttons are in the Textures.xbt file.

You have obviously found the skin folder, so go to \skin.transparency\media and you will see a file named Textures.xbt

You have to extract it, (then compile it if you make any chages) with this... https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool When using this tool, it does not like spaces in the path or filename for itself or the file you are working with, so save it to your root. Extract the xbt file into a folder with no spaces in the name, and look at the images. I guess it will be called something like radiobutton or similar. Make your changes and recompile it.

Now if you want to give yourself options, name the new xbt file something like... DarkBlue.xbt and save it next to the existing default.xbt. Then you can access the new colour scheme from the Settings menu under Themes, same page where you swap skins. (remember to restart Kodi after you add the new files)

If you go to your \skin.transparency\colors folder, you will see the default.xml which stores all your colours. This file and the default.xbt work togethar. If you change the colours there, and save it as DarkBlue.xml (same as the xbt file) when you load the new theme, both files will load together.
My Signature
Quote:Settings > Add-ons > Install from repository > Look and feel > Skin > Transparency!

How do I get this skin? It's not in the repo when I do the above...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency!0