Release Stinger scene notification
(2016-09-13, 18:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2. Adding the tags through your addon is awesome! My problem is I use NFOs and local scrape option only (I am hoping to go through and add the tags to my movies this weekend via media manager). When I installed the addon, I ran the one-time tag scraper you have. Since then I have added an easy 50-60 movies. Is there a way to re-enable that tag scraper to check those extra movies? Is there a reason why it's a one-time deal?

+1 for this. It would be great if the addon could be set to run the lookup & tagging process on a scheduler.

I use Tag Generator and IMDB Update with the inbuilt schedulers, which seems like an ideal option here.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2016-09-13, 21:41)zerocool_ie Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 18:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2. Adding the tags through your addon is awesome! My problem is I use NFOs and local scrape option only (I am hoping to go through and add the tags to my movies this weekend via media manager). When I installed the addon, I ran the one-time tag scraper you have. Since then I have added an easy 50-60 movies. Is there a way to re-enable that tag scraper to check those extra movies? Is there a reason why it's a one-time deal?

+1 for this. It would be great if the addon could be set to run the lookup & tagging process on a scheduler.

I use Tag Generator and IMDB Update with the inbuilt schedulers, which seems like an ideal option here.

Thanks for the info on those addons! Unfortunately IMDB update doesn't seem to write to nfo so it's of no use to me. Now Tag Generator sounds cool! I'll have to take a look at it later on and post back!
(2016-09-13, 23:58)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Thanks for the info on those addons! Unfortunately IMDB update doesn't seem to write to nfo so it's of no use to me. Now Tag Generator sounds cool! I'll have to take a look at it later on and post back!
I might be going off-topic a bit, but it's kind of describing the benefits of the requested scheduler feature (tell me to shut up if needed!)

I'm using NFOs also, managed by Ember Media Manager. Doing a re-scrape with Ember takes a long time on a big library (scraping and syncing back to the Kodi to library) when the only updates I really want on a regular basis are the always changing fields like Votes, Rating & Top250.

I don't mind that the NFOs are not updated as IMDB Update (Votes, Rating, Top250) and Tag Generator (Stand-Up):
- write straight to the Kodi db
- are "scraper-like" (I don't have to do it manually - it's based on internet sources)
- run daily/weekly/other on a schedule
I can always batch update my NFOs at a later date, while Kodi's database is kept up-to-date in a "set it and forget it" manner.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2016-09-13, 18:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 1. Can you add an option to set how long the stinger notification will stay on screen?

Yup yup. I'll plan on including that option in the next update.

(2016-09-13, 18:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2. When I installed the addon, I ran the one-time tag scraper you have. Since then I have added an easy 50-60 movies. Is there a way to re-enable that tag scraper to check those extra movies? Is there a reason why it's a one-time deal?

3. For those of us that use NFO files, any chance you could have your addon write the tags to NFOs?

The proper place for tags to be introduced into your library is the main scraper or media manager (along with the rest of the media information), so they should be configured to grab tags from TheMovieDB. If they don't currently have this option, I encourage you to encourage those developers to implement such an option.

Management of library info is outside of the scope of this add-on; The one-time scraper is just to quickly get your existing library up to speed with information that sources were previously not configured to grab. It's a one-time thing because there is another, more "proper" source for this info, and expecting information to come from there saves unnecessary complications in this and other add-ons that rely on certain info.

(2016-09-13, 21:41)zerocool_ie Wrote: +1 for this. It would be great if the addon could be set to run the lookup & tagging process on a scheduler.

Scheduling regular updates is similarly out of scope. This info should come from the scraper or NFO with the rest of the movie information. These tags also won't change regularly like the IMDB info: they are either set accurately at first or not, and if not they should only need to change once to make them accurate.

Ditto writing to NFO files: if you need them, that's up to your media manager, or Kodi can export to NFO.
(2016-09-14, 05:04)rmrector Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 18:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 1. Can you add an option to set how long the stinger notification will stay on screen?

Yup yup. I'll plan on including that option in the next update.

(2016-09-13, 18:13)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2. When I installed the addon, I ran the one-time tag scraper you have. Since then I have added an easy 50-60 movies. Is there a way to re-enable that tag scraper to check those extra movies? Is there a reason why it's a one-time deal?

3. For those of us that use NFO files, any chance you could have your addon write the tags to NFOs?

The proper place for tags to be introduced into your library is the main scraper or media manager (along with the rest of the media information), so they should be configured to grab tags from TheMovieDB. If they don't currently have this option, I encourage you to encourage those developers to implement such an option.

Management of library info is outside of the scope of this add-on; The one-time scraper is just to quickly get your existing library up to speed with information that sources were previously not configured to grab. It's a one-time thing because there is another, more "proper" source for this info, and expecting information to come from there saves unnecessary complications in this and other add-ons that rely on certain info.

(2016-09-13, 21:41)zerocool_ie Wrote: +1 for this. It would be great if the addon could be set to run the lookup & tagging process on a scheduler.

Scheduling regular updates is similarly out of scope. This info should come from the scraper or NFO with the rest of the movie information. These tags also won't change regularly like the IMDB info: they are either set accurately at first or not, and if not they should only need to change once to make them accurate.

Ditto writing to NFO files: if you need them, that's up to your media manager, or Kodi can export to NFO.

Ok, cool! Thanks for the answer! I went ahead and tagged all of my movies last night, so there won't be a problem going forward!
I've submitted version 1.0.2 to the official Kodi repo, and it should show up in your Kodi soon.

It adds an option to set the amount of time the notification is displayed, and better handles errors from TheChapterDB and TMDB without disrupting the notifications.
Awesome! Thanks for the update!
I've updated the add-on to version 1.0.3, which works around a new Kodi bug introduced in Krypton that caused the add-on to not work when playing a video from the home window. I've added it to my repo or an installable zip can be downloaded directly from service.stinger.notification. I may submit it to the official Kodi repo soon.
Thanks for the ongoing Support, also for the Tweak Last Played addon Smile
Thank you for this! I just did a clean install of krypton and noticed this problem last night. Glad it's already sorted!
Thanks for the update rmrector!
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
I've updated the add-on to version 1.0.4 that fixes an issue with Kodi Leia and refines the workaround in the last update. I've also submitted it to the official repo, so it'll be delivered right to you before long.
I've known of this add-on for a while, but seeing that it updated though I use my own NFO files....amazing!
I'm curious as to where the data is actually stored. It doesn't seem to touch any of my files, so I assume stored somewhere in the addon data?

It works fantastic! Great job.
It uses tags stored in Kodi's library, specifically "duringcreditsstinger" and "aftercreditsstinger". More details in the first post.
This thing doesn't get enough love. 
Super cool.
Each time I see the stinger notification popup and didn't know......
Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stinger scene notification1