• 53(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
Builds after 20180216 don’t have images in top shelf, only blanks. I’d tested with same working provisioning profile,with other profile top shelf it’s not working at all.
Might have to do with the refactoring I did to make top shelf work on jailbroken devices - please post a debug log (wiki) with the latest version ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-02-27, 12:38)traidory Wrote: Builds after 20180216 don’t have images in top shelf, only blanks. I’d tested with same working provisioning profile,with other profile top shelf it’s not working at all.
 I have noticed the same problem.
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
I think I spotted the problem with top shelf on non-jailbroken devices - can’t test it though - please try this and report back

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2018-02-27, 22:30)Memphiz Wrote: I think I spotted the problem with top shelf on non-jailbroken devices - can’t test it though - please try this and report back

Hi Memphiz,

Images are back on the top shelf, thx good job
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
(2018-02-19, 12:19)horstepipe Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 08:23)Memphiz Wrote:
(2018-02-18, 17:30)horstepipe Wrote: Perfect, now I can enable hardware acceleration. Interlaced tv channels are being decoded in software, everything else in hardware.
Thank you very much!

Can you do me a favour - please do a short recording (maybe 50MB) from one of the offending live tv channels and try with the non-working build from before:

If it also fails to switch to software decoding with the recording - I would be interested in that recording file (is Dropbox for example) ... the current workaround for this problem has to go in favour of a proper fix ...  
Sure, I'll do it now.
Caught my eyes that there's still a little problem with those interlaced tv channels: When I enable auto switch frame rate in Kodi, the channels need way more time to start. (I setup my Apple TV to 50 hz and those channels have 25/50 hz, so the TV does NOT have to change its mode). After the channel finally plays, it freezes after 5 seconds again for some seconds, then it plays back fine. Guess this has something to do with your workaround/recognizing interlaced content...? Here's a debug log:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/pYFhg3X5m8/ 
@Memphiz 

First...amazing job, very nicely! Everything it's working perfect. I quoted previous post because I've same problem, I think it's the only annoying bug that remains. After the PVR channel plays, it freezes after 5 seconds again for some seconds, then it plays back fine.

Again, amazing work and very very thank you.
(2018-02-27, 22:51)guibaa Wrote:
(2018-02-27, 22:30)Memphiz Wrote: I think I spotted the problem with top shelf on non-jailbroken devices - can’t test it though - please try this and report back

Hi Memphiz,

Images are back on the top shelf, thx good job

Thanks Memphiz.
(2018-02-25, 11:39)Memphiz Wrote: @horstepipe In the latter case i think the workaround i did for you has to be remvoed again ... - what livetv channel is giving you issues and which pvr addon are you using?
 I'm using tvheadend. The problem happened on all private German HD channels (e.g. Pro 7 HD), because they're distributed all in x264 interlaced. Public services (e.g. Das Erste HD) broadcast HD in progressive, so they run fine.
The new version seems to run fine, too. Except for the problem I described in post 758. That second freeze I described there only happens when Deinterlace is set to "deinterlace", when it is set to "half" it works normal. Is there a difference in quality between those settings? But anyway the channels need considerably longer to start when auto switch framerate is enabled, although the frame rate is not being changed.

Thank you
(2018-02-28, 12:56)horstepipe Wrote:
(2018-02-25, 11:39)Memphiz Wrote: @horstepipe In the latter case i think the workaround i did for you has to be remvoed again ... - what livetv channel is giving you issues and which pvr addon are you using?
 I'm using tvheadend. The problem happened on all private German HD channels (e.g. Pro 7 HD), because they're distributed all in x264 interlaced. Public services (e.g. Das Erste HD) broadcast HD in progressive, so they run fine.
The new version seems to run fine, too. Except for the problem I described in post 758. That second freeze I described there only happens when Deinterlace is set to "deinterlace", when it is set to "half" it works normal. Is there a difference in quality between those settings? But anyway the channels need considerably longer to start when auto switch framerate is enabled, although the frame rate is not being changed.

Thank you 
 A lot. Deinterlace = Yadif x2 (means that deinterlace two fields of 25i = 50 fps); meanwhile Half only deinterlace haf field (25i = 25 fps). It's very noticeable in football channels for example.
I have no private HD channels to test - only “öffentlich rechtliche” ... no chance for me to look into it - but for the interlace wrong positive I found the fix as you already noticed - that freeze before playback is way above my pay grade here ... I am not into live tv backend - addon and video player interaction in kodi ...
(2018-02-28, 22:52)Memphiz Wrote: I have no private HD channels to test - only “öffentlich rechtliche” ... no chance for me to look into it - but for the interlace wrong positive I found the fix as you already noticed - that freeze before playback is way above my pay grade here ... I am not into live tv backend - addon and video player interaction in kodi ...

It’s no big deal, I‘m very happy with the build anyway, thank you very much.
You could take a look at ‚Sky Sport News HD‘, it‘s a free tv HD channel broadcasting interlaced
(2018-02-23, 01:42)hoppel118 Wrote: Is there any way to connect to the Apple TV 4K with impactor from a windows 10 computer to install kodi?

I have a developer account.

Do I really need a VM with macOS or a Mac/MacBook?

Thanks Hoppel

Hi guys,

first I want to say thank you (especially @Memphiz) for all the work you investigated to give us a kodi tvOS build.

I answered my quoted question myself and bought a nice MacBook Pro 13 with Touch Bar and Touch ID. Fantastic piece of hard- and software. [emoji6]

Everything works as expected, except the following two things:
  1. little freeze after some seconds for some seconds described by @horstepipe, which could be solved with "Deinterlace (half)". I only have this issue with mpeg2-streams (RTL, PRO7, SAT1, etc.). I do not have HD+ (RTL-HD, PRO7-HD, SAT1-HD, etc.). Also I do not have this issue with "öffentlich Rechtliche" (ARD-HD, ZDF-HD, NDR-HD, etc.).
  2. I could not fast forward or rewind an HD recording from "ARD-HD" (example), which could be solved with deactivating "hardware acceleration".

I use VDR/VNSI for the PVR backend. 

So, at the moment everything works as expected with the both described workarounds. Also framerate switching works fine. GREAT! [emoji1]

One little question: Is it normal that my avr sometimes shows "Dolby Digital" while watching PRO7 and sometimes ARD/ZDF/NDR? I thought this should not be possible since the first stable krypton release.

Thank you so much and greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-02-28, 22:52)Memphiz Wrote: I have no private HD channels to test - only “öffentlich rechtliche” ... no chance for me to look into it - but for the interlace wrong positive I found the fix as you already noticed - that freeze before playback is way above my pay grade here ... I am not into live tv backend - addon and video player interaction in kodi ...
 Hi!

If do ypu want, I can enable user/password for my tvheadend server to test all channels you want (135) without any problem Wink

The freeze before playback appears before the autoframe rate feature and also if I turn off autoframe rate. 

Yes, it's not big deal, but If you can fix it, I think Kodi will be perfect 100% Wink

PM me I you finally want to test PVR.
I think the problem is that this could probably be a tvheadend/pvr-backend related problem, which Memphiz is not used to work on.
Because recordings of the corresponding channels work fine without the discussed problems...
(2018-03-02, 08:03)horstepipe Wrote: I think the problem is that this could probably be a tvheadend/pvr-backend related problem, which Memphiz is not used to work on.
Because recordings of the corresponding channels work fine without the discussed problems...
 The same problem appears with IPTV Simple Client.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7