• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
For Internet Explorer I kept it simple and worked. only parameter I made was kiosk mode.

launchBrowser.cmd:
Quote:"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k %1

or

"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k %1

works for x64. not sure if there is any difference really.

As far as I know the title bar is "Internet Explorer" for either of them but I am still in learning. No clue on the difference of sendKey.vbs between Chrome and IE. And don't know where to start finding out.

Update: The title for IE bar is "Netflix - Internet Explorer" from what I just found. Hope that helps
(2015-12-29, 02:29)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 01:41)jaraeez Wrote: Soz if this has been asked but does the new plugin (logi85) work with OSX & if so can you see more than one page of listings?

Cheers

hey, give it a try. I added (hopefully) support for darwin (OSX) setting the cookie.
If it works, please try to delete the cookies for netflix and retry. If it also works, it would be nice to all mac users.

Got it working eventually.

I added the following to addon.py

Code:
import os

on a new line after

Code:
from resources import utility

& also replaced

Code:
elif mode == 'play_video':
#    utility.log('play_video: '+url)
    play.video(url);
elif mode == 'play_video_main':
#    utility.log('play_video_main: '+url)
    play.video(url);
else:

with

Code:
elif mode == 'play_video_main':
    os.system('"/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome" --koisk --start-fullscreen https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % url)
elif mode == 'play_video':
    os.system('"/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome" --koisk --start-fullscreen https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % url)
else:

All tested fine regarding the playing of vids in Chrome though the 2nd page for latest shows nothing (still a happy bunny though!).

Running Kodi 14.2 on Mac Mini 10.10.5

Cheers

EDIT... Not sure what you mean by 'delete the cookies' & noticed that search does not work.
Great work on the addon! I was never able to get NetfliXMBC to work, and this works much better.

Strangely (and probably quite crucially) when I go to play a movie or show, I get a black screen with the writing "If your browser not launches, something went wrong" and the browser doesn't launch. At first I thought it was something wrong with the launchBrowser.cmd file, and given that I'm on a 32-bit machine, I edited it to the correct path. But still things didn't work, so I checked the log file and found the following:

Code:
15:17:02 T:1076  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: Unhandled exception in thread started by
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: <bound method LogiPlayer.playInternal of <resources.play.LogiPlayer object at 0x145E7780>>
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\play.py", line 69, in playInternal
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: launch_browser('https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % url)
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\play.py", line 192, in launch_browser_windows
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: utility.debug('launching '+'"'+addon_path+'\\resources\\'+launchScript+'.cmd" ' + url, startupinfo=info)
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: TypeError
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: :
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: debug() got an unexpected keyword argument 'startupinfo'

Any ideas?

As an aside, the 'Suggestions' also doesn't seem to work for me - it seems to just resubmit my login details and then return to the same screen.

I'm running Kodi 15.2 on a Windows 7 SP1 32-bit machine.

EDIT: same issue as Snicket here
(2016-01-01, 09:34)benno.1973 Wrote: Great work on the addon! I was never able to get NetfliXMBC to work, and this works much better.

Strangely (and probably quite crucially) when I go to play a movie or show, I get a black screen with the writing "If your browser not launches, something went wrong" and the browser doesn't launch. At first I thought it was something wrong with the launchBrowser.cmd file, and given that I'm on a 32-bit machine, I edited it to the correct path. But still things didn't work, so I checked the log file and found the following:

Code:
15:17:02 T:1076  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: Unhandled exception in thread started by
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: <bound method LogiPlayer.playInternal of <resources.play.LogiPlayer object at 0x145E7780>>
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\play.py", line 69, in playInternal
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: launch_browser('https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % url)
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\play.py", line 192, in launch_browser_windows
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: utility.debug('launching '+'"'+addon_path+'\\resources\\'+launchScript+'.cmd" ' + url, startupinfo=info)
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: TypeError
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: :
15:17:02 T:2248   ERROR: debug() got an unexpected keyword argument 'startupinfo'

Any ideas?

As an aside, the 'Suggestions' also doesn't seem to work for me - it seems to just resubmit my login details and then return to the same screen.

I'm running Kodi 15.2 on a Windows 7 SP1 32-bit machine.

EDIT: same issue as Snicket here
I have the same thing here on both a win7 32bit and win8.1 64bit machine.

My log is the same as above.

Also, thanks for breathing life back into the dream of Netflix on Kodi. My Wife Acceptance Factor was severely diminished when the old plugin stopped working.
The plugin is working on my openelec 6.0 setup. But it doesnt play any video. What do I need to do to make playback work?

Some questions:
1. What does the setting Update library after adding do?
2. I find the switch from List view to Media Info 2 view for TV series quite annoying. I rather have it use Media Info 1 since then episode titles start on the same height. I suspect I can do this with the force view options. But what are the ID's for the other views?
(2015-12-27, 17:33)druu Wrote: I have managed to get Netflix running on the latest OE, see my post here:

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7759...=60#154308

I have added it as addons via Sftp under /storage/.kodi/addons/:
chromelauncher with the custom path set to script.chromium_remotecontrol\chromium.sh
chromium 6.0.4 with ASH desktop disabled

Then I enabled "Use Chrome Launcher" but I still dont have video playback from Flix2Kodi.... Sad
It just starts Chromium and shows the netflix homepage with no possibility to go back to openelec.
Chromium 7.0.5 doesnt work at all.
The error you are receiving is because debug function don't know about a parameter startupinfo.
It's even stranger because I looked into the utility.py of logi85 and there is no debug function at all but the good old log.

So wether you uncommon to it because it is not necessary for the function or you try to delete the the ", startupinfo=info" and try again.
If the last is not working also rename utility.debug to utility.log and delete the startupinfo parameter also.
@Striker

You need to login using the netflix website once on first run with a keyboard.
(2015-12-31, 18:34)bry- Wrote: @logi85 thanks for taking this on.

how is the navigation with this add-on? that seems to be one of the biggest challenges with the netflix stuff?

Hi bry-,

I don't understand your question. Perhaps you could explain what you want to know.
Hi,

I did a lot of work today and released version 0.3.2 in my repo.

- My-List should now show the right items.
- I added the macos-changes to addon, @jaraeez , please try again with the new version.
- @spiel and others, I did a little copy&paste mistake, fixed today

In the settings you now can (and need to) select the browser you want to use. Depending on your choice a different launch/control-script is used.
The scripts are stored under /resources/scripts/launcher and /resources/scripts/keysender .
There is a subfolder for the OS and a script for the browser.
Currently I added browser-options for:
chrome, chromelauncher, iexplore, edge, safari .
for example, the launch script for internet explorer is stored in /resources/scripts/launcher/windows/iexplore.cmd

If you need to modify the scripts (for example adding a window manager) you can now create a copy of the script and add "_custom" to the filename. For example chrome_custom.sh
So you can customize the scripts to your needs and they would not be overwritten by update.
Currently chrome is working for linux and windows. (with control support tested with yatse (android-remote) and panasonic viera link (CEC))

For edge and safari is currently no script cause I don't know the paths, window names, etc. and I don't have Windows 10 or MacOS for testing.
So if someone writes a custom script for it i could add it to flix2kodi.

Here are much topics and I can only focus on one topic per time. So it would be great if you use the issues @ github to tell me if something not works for you, cause in this way it's not mixed in this thread ;-) You can report issues on https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.flix2kodi/issues
Thanks

I've lost the overview a little in this thread, so please try the new version first ;-)
Hi logi85,

I just installed v0.3.2 and no longer get playback when I select a video. I'm using chrome launcher. Log.
(2016-01-02, 01:34)macauleyr4 Wrote: Hi logi85,

I just installed v0.3.2 and no longer get playback when I select a video. I'm using chrome launcher. Log.

please try to call the launch script by console to see what happens:
/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/scripts/launcher/linux/chromelauncher.sh
The script works from the console. Would you prefer I open a issue on github?
in 0.3.3 playback with chromelauncher is fixed.
Crashes on your latest update with error 'Flix2Kodi crashed: Try to refresh your login' (which I tried with no luck)

EDIT: added to 'issues' on Git

Code:
11:51:17 T:140735259591424   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/?mode=search&thumb&type=tv&url) failed
11:51:17 T:4606070784  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:51:17 T:4606070784  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:51:17 T:4611493888  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:51:29 T:4606070784  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:51:29 T:4606070784  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:51:29 T:4606070784  NOTICE: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] parameters: ?mode=list_videos&thumb&type=tv&url=my-list
11:51:29 T:4606070784   ERROR: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi-master/addon.py", line 82, in <module>
                                                handle_request()
                                              File "/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi-master/addon.py", line 40, in handle_request
                                                list.videos(url, video_type, page, run_as_widget)
                                              File "/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi-master/resources/list.py", line 26, in videos
                                                video_ids = get.videos_matches(video_type, page, url)
                                              File "/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi-master/resources/get.py", line 29, in videos_matches
                                                read_mylists()
                                              File "/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi-master/resources/get.py", line 295, in read_mylists
                                                content = connect.load_netflix_site("https://www.netflix.com/")
                                              File "/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi-master/resources/connect.py", line 91, in load_netflix_site
                                                session.headers = read_headers()
                                              File "/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi-master/resources/connect.py", line 80, in read_headers
                                                return pickle.loads(content)
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/pickle.py", line 1374, in loads
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/pickle.py", line 858, in load
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/pickle.py", line 880, in load_eof
                                            EOFError
11:51:35 T:140735259591424   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/?mode=list_videos&thumb&type=tv&url=my-list
11:51:35 T:140735259591424   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/?mode=list_videos&thumb&type=tv&url=my-list) failed
11:51:35 T:4606070784  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:51:35 T:4606070784  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:51:35 T:4611493888  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8