• 49(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
zilexa Wrote:Is there a way to get this working with XBMC Addons?

Yes, there is a workaround until an official XBMC with addon feature is release. See Installing XOT-Uzg.v3 as an Addon or the FAQ.
Ok thanks, I read the warning it might not work because of xml file missing, checked debug info because it starts, updates and stops.
In debug log it says "TypeError: XML File for Window is missing".
So wont work unfortunately, have to be reaaally patient..

(using rev31004dx DSplayer on WinXP SP3).

BTW: how did you figure out how to create a workaround? With the xml wrapper etc. There is no documentation about Addons yet. There are lots of script creators who dislike the fact there is no info about it so they can't update their scripts to work with addons.
zilexa Wrote:Ok thanks, I read the warning it might not work because of xml file missing, checked debug info because it starts, updates and stops.
In debug log it says "TypeError: XML File for Window is missing".
So wont work unfortunately, have to be reaaally patient..

(using rev31004dx DSplayer on WinXP SP3).

BTW: how did you figure out how to create a workaround? With the xml wrapper etc. There is no documentation about Addons yet. There are lots of script creators who dislike the fact there is no info about it so they can't update their scripts to work with addons.
I am a very experienced .NET developer/architect and just debugged XBMC to figure out stuff.

About the skin: could you let me know what resolution you are using and what skin?
I also have the XML file for Window is missing.
Using the new reFocus skin.
sandman4sure Wrote:I also have the XML file for Window is missing.
Using the new reFocus skin.

ok, what version of OS, XBMC and what is your screen resolution?
Basje Wrote:ok, what version of OS, XBMC and what is your screen resolution?

I use the latest nightly:
xbmc-r31275-trunk-x86.dmg

for OSX 10.6.4

Resolution: 1920x1080
sandman4sure Wrote:I use the latest nightly:
xbmc-r31275-trunk-x86.dmg

for OSX 10.6.4

Resolution: 1920x1080

could you rename the 720p folder in the XOT-Uzg.v3\Resources\Skins\Default folder to 1080i and try again?
Basje Wrote:could you rename the 720p folder in the XOT-Uzg.v3\Resources\Skins\Default folder to 1080i and try again?

I only have
skins/Default/media
skins/Default/PAL
skins/Default/PAL16x9
sandman4sure Wrote:I only have
skins/Default/media
skins/Default/PAL
skins/Default/PAL16x9

True, delete the PAL16x9 and rename the PAL to 1080i.
Basje Wrote:True, delete the PAL16x9 and rename the PAL to 1080i.

I now have a media and 1080i folder in Default.
It is still crashing with the same error:

PHP Code:
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 Error initializing XOT-Uzg (XOT-Uzg.v3script
20100622 11
:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - | Traceback (most recent call last):
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - |   File "/Users/name/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/net.rieter.xot/default.py"line 136in ?
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - |     MyWindow progwindow.GUI(config.appSkin ,config.rootDirconfig.skinFolder)
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - | TypeErrorXML File for Window is missing 
sandman4sure Wrote:I now have a media and 1080i folder in Default.
It is still crashing with the same error:

PHP Code:
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 Error initializing XOT-Uzg (XOT-Uzg.v3script
20100622 11
:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - | Traceback (most recent call last):
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - |   File "/Users/name/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/net.rieter.xot/default.py"line 136in ?
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - |     MyWindow progwindow.GUI(config.appSkin ,config.rootDirconfig.skinFolder)
20100622 11:33:54 CRITICAL - default.py       145 - | TypeErrorXML File for Window is missing 
Ok, in that case, you have to wait until the XBMC teams fixes the way they determine the XML file location.
I've been having this error for ages now on svn builds (Camelot has been working ok). It's still happening with the new addon branch so I decided to post it here (but I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it).

here's the pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/eAU3zL0q

It seems the following is the cause:

Code:
#
22:10:05 T:3078473584 M:1618800640 WARNING: CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol plugin

I can't play any video from SBS or RTL (and probably others). Uitzendinggemist works fine.
miseryshining Wrote:I've been having this error for ages now on svn builds (Camelot has been working ok). It's still happening with the new addon branch so I decided to post it here (but I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it).

here's the pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/eAU3zL0q

It seems the following is the cause:

Code:
#
22:10:05 T:3078473584 M:1618800640 WARNING: CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol plugin

I can't play any video from SBS or RTL (and probably others). Uitzendinggemist works fine.

It is probably XBMC related, not XOT. So I would advice you to post a new topic in the correct XBMC Forum.
Basje Wrote:It is probably XBMC related, not XOT. So I would advice you to post a new topic in the correct XBMC Forum.

Do you have a clue why It works fine with wmv streams on the public channels and not with wmv streams from sbs6 and others? Some lib I could try to update? It's a pretty weird case so any pointers would help here before I file a bug.
miseryshining Wrote:Do you have a clue why It works fine with wmv streams on the public channels and not with wmv streams from sbs6 and others? Some lib I could try to update? It's a pretty weird case so any pointers would help here before I file a bug.

could be that the format is the same, just the protocol not (like mms:// vs http://).
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7