• 51(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
Hi I have got a problem since some time back. the TVSE channels TV3, TV6. When I start to watch something I can only se a minute or two then the script stops and I come back to the screen where I choose what program to watch.

Iám running the script on an X-box with latest version of T3CH XMBC. Any help on this matter would be appriciated.

I have one idea but I don´t know if it could be that. On my older version of XBMC I could choose an amount of caching in XBMC up to 16MB of cache when downloading from internet. I the new versio of XBMC I cant find this settings.

/Martin
Sigun Wrote:Hi I have got a problem since some time back. the TVSE channels TV3, TV6. When I start to watch something I can only se a minute or two then the script stops and I come back to the screen where I choose what program to watch.

Iám running the script on an X-box with latest version of T3CH XBMC. Any help on this matter would be appriciated.

I have one idea but I don´t know if it could be that. On my older version of XBMC I could choose an amount of caching in XBMC up to 16MB of cache when downloading from internet. I the new versio of XBMC I cant find this settings.

/Martin

You should try tweaking the network cache settings in advancedsettings.xml.
Same problem for me with all swedish channels. I can watch for about one minute then it breaks. Thats sooooo sad because it would be the best script ever if it only was a little bit more stable. Im running win 7 32 bit latest Dharma-build. And it only works ( Xot-script) with the confluence skin. No more skin and Iv´e tried all there is working with dharma-branch
h3nk3 Wrote:Same problem for me with all swedish channels. I can watch for about one minute then it breaks. Thats sooooo sad because it would be the best script ever if it only was a little bit more stable. Im running win 7 32 bit latest Dharma-build. And it only works ( Xot-script) with the confluence skin. No more skin and Iv´e tried all there is working with dharma-branch

The skin issue, I am aware of and it will be fixed in the next release.
Thanks Basje for the tip about the cache setting, I found a file in xbmc\userdata\ called template.advancedsettings.xml and edited the cache size unfortunatly it did not make any difference. on TV3 I can watch about one minute and then the script restarts the program Iám watching from the beginning. One other thing is that the subtitles are also missing.

On the new TV4 channel most programs just have and file inside each program folder called "No files" so that is also not working at the moment. If I check on a computer these program does work in the normal browser window (IE or FF)

I love your script and has been using it for some time now but the only working channel that Iám able to watch now is SVT. I hope you are able to get TV3,TV6 and TV4 to work again.

One other thing that is great about this script is that it is skipping all the comercials Wink whatching it on a computer is not that funny, a lot of comercials all the time....

Many thanks for your hard work on this great script Basje.
/Martin
Sigun Wrote:Thanks Basje for the tip about the cache setting, I found a file in xbmc\userdata\ called template.advancedsettings.xml and edited the cache size unfortunatly it did not make any difference. on TV3 I can watch about one minute and then the script restarts the program Iám watching from the beginning. One other thing is that the subtitles are also missing.

On the new TV4 channel most programs just have and file inside each program folder called "No files" so that is also not working at the moment. If I check on a computer these program does work in the normal browser window (IE or FF)

I love your script and has been using it for some time now but the only working channel that Iám able to watch now is SVT. I hope you are able to get TV3,TV6 and TV4 to work again.

One other thing that is great about this script is that it is skipping all the comercials Wink whatching it on a computer is not that funny, a lot of comercials all the time....

Many thanks for your hard work on this great script Basje.
/Martin
You need to rename the template.advancedsettings.xml to advancedsettings.xml in order make it work. And I think you need to use guisettings.xml. These are my settings in that one:
Code:
<cache>
        <harddisk>2048</harddisk>
        <sep1></sep1>
        <sep2></sep2>
        <sep3></sep3>
        <sep4></sep4>
    </cache>
    <cacheaudio>
        <dvdrom>1024</dvdrom>
        <internet>1024</internet>
        <lan>1024</lan>
    </cacheaudio>
    <cachedvd>
        <dvdrom>8192</dvdrom>
        <lan>4096</lan>
    </cachedvd>
    <cacheunknown>
        <internet>4096</internet>
    </cacheunknown>
    <cachevideo>
        <dvdrom>8192</dvdrom>
        <internet>4096</internet>
        <lan>4096</lan>
    </cachevideo>

The problems with the playback is something I cannot fix. It is part of XBMC. So you should ask them.

About the 'No Files'. If that happens a lot, TV4 (or any other channel) might have changed their layout or so. Please create a defect report on the XOT-Uzg googlecode page (http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/) and mention at least 5 shows that have this issue, so I can try to fix it.
Hi Basje,

First of all I really like your plugin, and many thanks for your time making it.

I am encountering only 1 problem: When watching a program on RTL it starts to play instantly and works perfect, but after +- 7 minutes it keeps on buffering every 10 seconds. I have been playing around with the guisettings like the post above but it doesn't help. Do you have any clue how to fix this?

Greetings
Jappie17 Wrote:Hi Basje,

First of all I really like your plugin, and many thanks for your time making it.

I am encountering only 1 problem: When watching a program on RTL it starts to play instantly and works perfect, but after +- 7 minutes it keeps on buffering every 10 seconds. I have been playing around with the guisettings like the post above but it doesn't help. Do you have any clue how to fix this?

Greetings

Which version of XBMC (Xbox, Windows, Linux) are you using?
Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn32416 on a asrock 330 HT
Jappie17 Wrote:Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn32416 on a asrock 330 HT
So that is based on Linux and they use DVDPlayer for all the playback. DVDPlayer has issues with buffering. I don't really have a solution for you. Perhaps some other people in these forums can help you.

Let us know if you have found the solution.
Is there any way to get the addon working with the skin transparency!? I'm using the latest SVN version for xbmc and the skin. Both the video plugin and program won't start with the Transparency! skin. It works fine with Confluence.
konti Wrote:Is there any way to get the addon working with the skin transparency!? I'm using the latest SVN version for xbmc and the skin. Both the video plugin and program won't start with the Transparency! skin. It works fine with Confluence.
That is a known issue with more recent builds. The up-coming release will fix this.
Upcoming release of xbmc, transparancy or Uzg?
konti Wrote:upcoming release of xbmc, transparancy or uzg?
xot
Completely different question:

Will this addon ever get a decent name? Perhaps even representing what it does?

Me: "Hey dude check out ** XOT UZG *** if you wanna see online tv in XBMC"
Friend: xot what the f*?

I understand it is splitted in 2 parts, the framework and the addon.. but why not give the addon a decent name?
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7