• 59(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Where can I find a list with s905x features that now work (or not work) with libreelec,the same way it is listed for the Odroid-C2?
(2016-12-22, 04:08)wesk05 Wrote: @jd17: YCbCr (all chroma samplings) can only have limited range for CEA-861 video formats. If the display declares selectable quantization, you can send full range YCbCr, but it is not very common. All broadcast and retail video content have 16-235 range.

S905X like almost every other SoC outputs YCbCr 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 with 16-235 range.

Thank you so much - you have been most helpful! Smile
(2016-12-22, 12:05)Gregoire Wrote: Where can I find a list with s905x features that now work (or not work) with libreelec,the same way it is listed for the Odroid-C2?

Nobody?

I own a Beelink MiniMXIII II 2GB 32GB. I run last libreelec 7.90 alpha from ksaq. It runs pretty good.
Heads up for anyone with a Mini M8S II or other similar generic S905X based devices. While browsing Freaktab forums I came across a custom android ROM for the Mini M8S II developed by a former ROM developer from the XDA Developers.forum.

It looks very good compared to the standard manufacturer ROM so I thought why not try it out, installed very easily, just stuck the files (update.zip etc) on a micro SD card and using the update/backup app in the the default stock ROM told it to install this update, the ROM was installed on reboot.

Launcher is a lot better looking than the default stock manufacturer ROM, There are NO PIRATED ADDONS or any bloatware in this ROM. Runs a lot smoother, tested with latest SPMC and KODI, and seemed to work fine, web browsing with Chrome also fine. Default remote working fine out of the box. On the stock android ROM I would sometimes gets apps crashing randomly for no reason or crashing on exit. These issues all seem to be gone with this custom ROM. WiFi working fine out of the box tioo.

- This ROM also includes a Audio Passthrough Fix - I dont have AV equipment so I cant test this, but feedback from Freaktab users claim that using the latest SPMC passthrough of DTS, DTS-HD and DD is working Smile

- Auto Refresh Rate switching including 24p is reported to be working on Kodi Jarvis and SPMC but not in Kodi 17 - I havent personally tested this.

The ROM is called Xannytech and for anyone intrested it can be found HERE

Dual boot also still works absolutely fine with Kszaqs Libre Elec builds on Micro SD. I now have Xannytech Android ROM on internal flash, with Kzssaqs LibreElec 32 bit build on Micro SD card works a treat.

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS ROM :

- Make sure you have already downloaded the stock ROM for your device and you have a USB male/male cable with Amlogic burning tool incase you want to go back to stock firmware, or if you brick your device.
- This ROM is developed for 2GB RAM boxes, check compatibility by reading the the thread at Freaktab first.
Anyone know where I can get the stock or updated ROM for a M9+ 1GB/8GB Android box?
(2016-12-29, 17:05)Jeffers24 Wrote: Anyone know where I can get the stock or updated ROM for a M9+ 1GB/8GB Android box?

If you google M9+ tv box firmware, you get a few links chinagadgetreviews is one such link that has links to the firmware for this box, I havent tested the links personally.
Hey all,

With the recommended boxes for LibreELEC, do these boxes offter audio passthrough with most audio formats? (Dts, dts-hd, etc) And do they have the ability to change the refresh rate?

Thanks
(2016-12-30, 11:54)noonzascript Wrote: Hey all,

With the recommended boxes for LibreELEC, do these boxes offter audio passthrough with most audio formats? (Dts, dts-hd, etc) And do they have the ability to change the refresh rate?

Thanks

Yes, auto refresh rate switching, fractional frame rates, audio passthrough for most formats is all working under LibreElec on Amlogic S905 and S905X devices, this is what makes these devices such excellent value for money the hardware spec is higher than boxes 2/3 times their price (often cheap devices have double the amount of RAM, EMMC Flash etc compared to more expensive devices) , and there is nothing other than DRM/Widewine protected content that cheaper devices cannot play.

As there are so many different makes/model of device make sure you look at the recommneded list and take note of what other people are succesfully using before purchasing. Completely avoid S912 for now, this SOC is not supported by LibreElec yet.
Thanks! There seems to be a lot of local s905 devices (Australia).
Just got 2x of M8S II S90X 2GB/8GB boxes, and Kodi (via LibreELEC) runs damn well on them. Just as good as on Beelink S905 MiniMXIII 2GB/16GB, which is very hard to find now.

Perfect 23.976 w/LE Jarvis version 7.0.3.011 and full HD audio. Most 4K samples play well as well, with only a couple of really high bitrate samples struggling due to M8S II's 100M LAN port.

I don't need 2x units (got a Mi Box while I wait a month for GearBest to deliver), so if someone's interested in one (already w/LE installed to internal NAND memory) at cost, PM me.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-01-06, 03:19)hdmkv Wrote: Just got 2x of M8S II S90X 2GB/8GB boxes, and Kodi (via LibreELEC) runs damn well on them. Just as good as on Beelink S905 MiniMXIII 2GB/16GB, which is very hard to find now.

Perfect 23.976 w/LE Jarvis version 7.0.3.011 and full HD audio. Most 4K samples play well as well, with only a couple of really high bitrate samples struggling due to M8S II's 100M LAN port.

I don't need 2x units (got a Mi Box while I wait a month for GearBest to deliver), so if someone's interested in one (already w/LE installed to internal NAND memory) at cost, PM me.

Hi hdmkv,

I have an M8S II that I bought from gearbest to try Libreelec, however I have been unable to find clear simple instructions on how to install LE on a micro sd card so I can boot LE from this. Can you advise me where I can find simple instructions easy for a noob like me to follow?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad
(2017-01-06, 03:19)hdmkv Wrote: Most 4K samples play well as well, with only a couple of really high bitrate samples struggling due to M8S II's 100M LAN port.

Out of curiosity, what bitrate does it start to choke on?
(2017-01-06, 03:19)hdmkv Wrote: Just got 2x of M8S II S90X 2GB/8GB boxes, and Kodi (via LibreELEC) runs damn well on them. Just as good as on Beelink S905 MiniMXIII 2GB/16GB, which is very hard to find now.

According to other forums it's not a big surprise but its weakness is the lack of 5g wifi. Sad

Just to clarify....S905X right?

Quote:Just to clarify....S905X right?

yesNod
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6