Recording preferances
I hope this is the right place to ask this question.Today I just downloaded Jarvis 16.4 to my windows 7 HTPC using the Aeon Nox skin that is updated for Jarvis.So far the only issue I have is I cannot get the recording preferences option to pop up when I try to schedule a recording from the guide. It will record the program but if I want to record a series or weekly or daily etc there is no way to set it up. Any body else seen this? So far I like Jarvis and realize it is a beta version just wondering if I have something set up wrong. This is a update from 15.2 where recording was not available when using the Aeon Nox skin. I am only doing OTA recordings from my antenna using two HD Homerun tuners.
I've only used the default Confluence skin with Jarvis, but in the TV Guide, if you right click a show, then hit 'Add Timer', it gives you options for a one-off, or season recording (these are based on the EPG data).

Alternatively, you can go to the Timer's screen and hit 'Add Timer', and you can select Once or Repeating. This is a manual recording, not based on the EPG data, and allows you to specify the times, days of the week to record etc.
Thanks, I will look into it tomorrow. I am trying to make this work for the wife using a MCE remote. I know that in 15.2 using confluence that the timer options would come up when you clicked on a program listed in the future. In 15.2 I could not get recordings to work at all in Aeon Nox. I will play with it some more tomorrow. Also is there any place to look up at what recordings are scheduled in case you want to delete one? I want to try to use the Aeon Nox skin because of all of the features and the look, it is more impressive if you want to show off your system. Will let you know what I come up with.
Quote:Thanks, I will look into it tomorrow. I am trying to make this work for the wife using a MCE remote.
I don't really use Kodi that much myself, and never with an MCE remote, so I'm not well placed to tell you how to driver it with that.

Quote:I know that in 15.2 using confluence that the timer options would come up when you clicked on a program listed in the future.
Yep, it was different in 15.2. There the NextPVR had to popup it's custom scheduling window when you hit 'Add Timer'. That's all changed in Jarvis, since it now has native support for recurring recordings (and no longe needs that NextPVR addon window).

Quote:In 15.2 I could not get recordings to work at all in Aeon Nox.
The NextPVR addon had a custom scheduling window for 15.2. We only supplied the default Confluence skin file. If you wanted to use it with any other skin, it was up to you to create your own skin file, or talk to the maintainer of that skin to get it added.

Quote:Also is there any place to look up at what recordings are scheduled in case you want to delete one?
Sure. In Jarvis you can go to the Timer screen to see the list of scheduled recordings, and delete them or edit them. (or in the NextPVR 'Recordings' screen)

Quote:I want to try to use the Aeon Nox skin because of all of the features and the look, it is more impressive if you want to show off your system.
I've never used the Aeon Nox skin, so can't tell you if it's been updated to support all the new Jarvis PVR features yet or not. If it hasn't, I'm sure it well be soon, because these are core features of Kodi now (nothing NextPVR specific)
Quote:Also is there any place to look up at what recordings are scheduled in case you want to delete one?
Sure. In Jarvis you can go to the Timer screen to see the list of scheduled recordings, and delete them or edit them. (or in the NextPVR 'Recordings' screen)

Guess I never thought to look there. Yesterday was the first day that I used Jarvis. So far I think that is quite an improvement.

Quote:I want to try to use the Aeon Nox skin because of all of the features and the look, it is more impressive if you want to show off your system.
I've never used the Aeon Nox skin, so can't tell you if it's been updated to support all the new Jarvis PVR features yet or not. If it hasn't, I'm sure it well be soon, because these are core features of Kodi now (nothing NextPVR specific)

When I went to enable Aeo Nox I was asked if I wanted to update it so I am guessing it has been updated. I will ask the question in the Skins Forum.
Thanks for the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording preferances0