• 6(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
Not sure if these have been raised earlier in the thread but I would really love support for custom tags in the database and being able to structure your library around custom tags (or I suppose nodes may be more appropriate).

Perhaps this is only specific to my use case but is a huge annoyance for me as I use this as a work-around to not being able to browse by custom tags - when I browse by folders and have a folder with several cuesheets in, kodi shows all the individual tracks from the cue sheets in a huge list. It would be really great if we could have a setting where each cue sheet is shown like a folder and we can then navigate "into" the cue sheet to see the individual tracks (hope this makes sense).

And probably not directly related but my ultimate dream would be able to use the classic sonique visual RabbitHole on kodi cross-platform (video of the vis in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3EjncEjkgE)
(2016-04-01, 16:19)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 23:54)antisuck Wrote: This seems like a good place to repost my music-related request of a few years back, thanks for the thread Dave.

Music PartyMode has some awesome potential to behave as an interactive jukebox, mostly because of one behavior: if one starts up PartyMode and then manually browses and adds additional tracks to the queue, the new tracks get bumped up the list and begin playing as soon as the current track is finished. Then when any manually added tracks are finished, random playback resumes. Perfect. It's a jukebox that never stops playing, and human requests gets priority.

The problem is, PartyMode doesn't respect the setting "Queue songs on selection". If one browses to find a new track and simply clicks or presses "enter" or the default button on a remote, the new song starts playing immediately, abruptly cutting off whatever was playing before. No good. Guests must be taught about context menus and the letter q or whatever is available on the remote, it's awkward and not fun and prone to mistakes.

Honestly it feels like a bug, but the devs who happened across my trac item a few years ago disagreed, or couldn't be bothered, so whatever the case I'm hoping someone might notice and support this request. Thanks for reading.

I don't see playback on selection a bug, but either way you can easily change in the settings of your skin, go into music >> playback and switch on 'queue songs on selection'. This as it says will queue songs instead of playback starting immediately.

Mike

Mike, thanks for the reply, but I must not have been clear. I know how to change the setting, but it has no effect in Party Mode. That's my issue. Smile
Ok, never used party mode and would have thought changing the default action for audio would be kodi wide? possibly a bug in Kodi or perhaps Dave Blake can let you know if there's a solution or not
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
hello all,
firstly thanks for KODI and everyone that supports it, is it possible to have the ability to play dts.wave @ 16/44.1 - Kodi plays my 24/96 DTS.wave. or passes at least, is it possible to utilise asio4all some how? as does foobar2k which is what I use @ present.

DISREGARD. sorry, sorted it out WASAPI spdif Digital output in my case.
I hate to say it, but as well as Kodi consumes video it's that bad at consuming music. I really dislike using the slide-out to control play, pause, next, etc. while browsing my library. I would like to see the browser and player combined into one easy interface. --Rather than viewing it either as library view or now playing view. Most every other audio player software handles it this way, because it's logical. Kodi's just handles it very awkwardly. It's like the absolute bare minimum was done as an audio player and it hasn't been touched since the xbox days.

I realize my opinion holds no weight here because I'm not a developer contributing my free time. however I think the future of Kodi as a media center (not just video player), should be consuming all types of media.Thanks for listening.

Perhaps there is a skin that provides a work-around solution. ?
(2016-04-20, 05:11)dickalan Wrote: Most every other audio player software handles it this way, because it's logical. Kodi's just handles it very awkwardly.
Sounds like you're comparing Kodi to a desktop app such as itunes, Windows Media Player or foobar2000,and perhaps sat no more than 2ft from the screen controlling Kodi via a mouse,. However Kodi is NOT is a desktop app in the traditional sense, the primary focus is to be a media center that can be used in your living room on your HDTV and controlled with a remote from the couch/sofa, hence Kodi has what's often referred to as a 10ft UI interface.

What you suggest would probably make Kodi very difficult to use via a remote, and make the on screen elements so small due to the crowding of information on one screen that it would be very difficult to read from the couch/sofa without having a huge 60" or more HDTV. If your usage is on a traditional desktop then one of the webinterface's such as Chorus would probably be a better option for controlling Kodi, since you seem to want something more in line with this:

Dickalan, I too have a love hate relationship with the UI of Kodi as a music player. But jjd_uk answers really well, it is how it is for good reason. Personally for music I don't want a "10ft interface", I don't even want the TV on, I just want something on a tablet accessing the music library (that I am working to improve) and controlling the great audio player (that other guys make work for many formats on all kinds of hardware). When I remember that I stop wishing the Kodi UI was different, and hastling the skinners, it is just not the tool for that job.

(2016-04-20, 05:11)dickalan Wrote: Perhaps there is a skin that provides a work-around solution. ?

Not a skin, but either a web interface like Chorus, or an app like Kore or Yatse (on Andriod) or Remote for Kodi on iOS (on Apple). They still may not do exactly what you want, and the JSON RPC interface still can't do all that Kodi UI can do, but that is the direction where the kind of UI you (and I) want is likely to appear.
Kodi 17 will open a lot of things already Wink

Just fix the changing IDs on rescrape / update info and everything should be possible from remote by recreating the data Smile Smile Smile
Photo 
(2016-04-21, 15:05)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 05:11)dickalan Wrote: Most every other audio player software handles it this way, because it's logical. Kodi's just handles it very awkwardly.
Sounds like you're comparing Kodi to a desktop app such as itunes, Windows Media Player or foobar2000,and perhaps sat no more than 2ft from the screen controlling Kodi via a mouse,. However Kodi is NOT is a desktop app in the traditional sense, the primary focus is to be a media center that can be used in your living room on your HDTV and controlled with a remote from the couch/sofa, hence Kodi has what's often referred to as a 10ft UI interface.

What you suggest would probably make Kodi very difficult to use via a remote, and make the on screen elements so small due to the crowding of information on one screen that it would be very difficult to read from the couch/sofa without having a huge 60" or more HDTV. If your usage is on a traditional desktop then one of the webinterface's such as Chorus would probably be a better option for controlling Kodi, since you seem to want something more in line with this:

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I use kodi as a 10ft interface on a 50" screen with an Nvidia shield (highly recommended!). Here's my setup.

http://imgur.com/7eEbBMO

I have to respectfully disagree. Again, as of right now you can't browse your library AND quickly use the controls. They're on three separate views but never together (now playing, the slide out, or just viewing your library). And for the real estate issue, I'm sorry but I just don't see what you're talking about. There's plenty of room, what I'm talking about really isn't that crazy. There's two simple options/solutions, here's a quick mock up.

http://imgur.com/Az0ILcI

or

http://imgur.com/58iYakk

Plenty of room.

I would argue that making a more flat UI is even more important because it's a 10ft experience.
I would like to point out this request here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270533

Right now there are working music addons for Spotify, Google Music and Amazon Prime (German only right now). In contrast to the video library it is not possible to add tracks or albums from these online sources to kodi's music library. Such a feature to have a unified music library within kodi for various on- and offline sources would be fantastic.

I'm aware it needs some bigger tweaks, because tags are naturally not available. However the addons and/or the streams seem to provide some basic information (artist, year, album) that kodi might be able to read and integrate into the library and ideally even use for scraping more information.
Feature Request:

"ListItem.BitRate" on Songlevel

-

We already have "MusicPlayer.BitRate" would be god if we could have this also as Listitem.

Think this is a Needfull Information, wich imho. nearly every other Player is abel to show. Now would like to Show it in Kodi to.

If not Possible in Lists it would be at least a neefull Info in dialogMusicInfo on Songlevel.

Regards.

EDIT:
If it would be possible, this would meke it in to Krypton would be gr8!
that would mean opening all audio files and finding the bitrates, and to make it workable storage of the values in a databse for speed reasons. a rather different game from showing it for the file opened for playback.
Thanks for Info

I was afraight it may isnt to easy.

Maybe as a Infolabel which only works in "DialogMusicInfo"? -> performance.

EDIT:

What about reading the TAGinfo? Does this require to open the File to?. (guess nearly every mp3 got the Bitrate Stored in there TAGs. (I can also easely show the bitrate if i Rightklick on the mp3 File on my Desktop (Windows) and hit "Eigenschaften", and choose "Audio properties"..)

EDIT2:

O.K. After a quick research Windows seems to also ckeck the File to get that info, hm.

EDIT3:

What about store the needed Info during the "Import"? .. (Just Brainstorming ..)
(2016-10-25, 21:24)ironic_monkey Wrote: that would mean opening all audio files and finding the bitrates, and to make it workable storage of the values in a databse for speed reasons. a rather different game from showing it for the file opened for playback.

Happy to add this to the song table, allow users to sort make playlists etc. using it. But can someone tell me how to get this info while scanning tags etc. Where is bitrate, and what bit of Kodi reads it?

But not going to happen for v17 given we are in beta4
Thanks for thinking about it.

Did some research, not shure how helpfull i can be here. or if this is just to considerd as "spam" (I have no idea of C++)

Wikilink filestructure mp3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#File_structure

Did also finde something (in delphi) only mp3 related -> Link

EDIT: if this is useless -> sry.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7