• 7(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
(2016-07-01, 21:57)DarkHelmet Wrote: I would like to point out this request here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270533

Right now there are working music addons for Spotify, Google Music and Amazon Prime (German only right now). In contrast to the video library it is not possible to add tracks or albums from these online sources to kodi's music library. Such a feature to have a unified music library within kodi for various on- and offline sources would be fantastic.

I'm aware it needs some bigger tweaks, because tags are naturally not available. However the addons and/or the streams seem to provide some basic information (artist, year, album) that kodi might be able to read and integrate into the library and ideally even use for scraping more information.

Is this on a roadmap for a future kodi version? Music in general seems to be going away from local files to streaming from online servers. Kids in my family will likely never use local files anymore. And for myself I have to say that I'm beginning to understand why these services are so popular. In Kodi I now have four separate databases. Local, Spotify, Google and Amazon. A unified database would be amazing and i believe a unique thing among media players.
Hello,

Is it possible to add a resume feature?

It will be great to resume the playlist in the exact place we leave it.

Regards.
This was one I posted recently:

Feature Request - Music library play-count effected by remote track plays (uPnP)

Quick summary:

To have music tracks which Kodi serves up via uPnP trigger the events a local play will, e.g. update the datebases ' last played ' and ' play count ' fields for that track.
FR:
menuentry to "query info for this item"
This should query/scrape and collect info for a selected item (artist, album) in a list. Atm there is only "query info for all artists/albums"
If you already have queried info about all other artists and you add a new one, this entry would be useful
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2016-11-03, 11:05)Solo0815 Wrote: FR:
menuentry to "query info for this item"
This should query/scrape and collect info for a selected item (artist, album) in a list. Atm there is only "query info for all artists/albums"
If you already have queried info about all other artists and you add a new one, this entry would be useful

This single album scrape facility is provided from the album info dialog - click refresh button.
It is indeed the refresh button Wink

But maybe think about these changes:
1. change button to "query info..." which asks for
a) ... all artists/albums
b) ... this item
alternatively remove the "query"-button completely and/or move it to Settings -> Library
This menu entry can confuse users atm IMHO, because they think "Why can I only query all albums/artists and not only this one"
removing it would make it equal to "Films" btw.

2. Contextmenu-button to "Remove this Album from Library"
Sometimes you have a Album, which is tagged wrong or not completely. Then you can remove it, tag it correctly, and re-scrape the directory. This should be faster than removing all the albums in the directory and rescrape them all.
Edit: already requested here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2246169

3. Option to manually query info for Artists
Atm Kodi querys info for Artists automatically. Sometimes it doesn't find info. Manually scraping would solve this. This is for albums for which MB picard can't find info.

And finally:
Is there a ToDo-list for FR, you have accepted or find it useful?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
DaveBlake, your work on the music section is highly appreciated (and other devs of course of too, but your name springs to mind). You concentrate mainly on the music library as far as I see it, which is great. If I may ask, is there even a dev working on other core music functions? Please don't get me wrong, but does it even make sense to utter feature requests for music playback, playlist management or other features? A feature request list is great, but when none of the devs are interested, I fear it could lead to a feeling of being neglected and it ends up as making a list for the sole purpose of making a list.
(2016-11-03, 20:17)DarkHelmet Wrote: DaveBlake, your work on the music section is highly appreciated (and other devs of course of too, but your name springs to mind). You concentrate mainly on the music library as far as I see it, which is great. If I may ask, is there even a dev working on other core music functions? Please don't get me wrong, but does it even make sense to utter feature requests for music playback, playlist management or other features? A feature request list is great, but when none of the devs are interested, I fear it could lead to a feeling of being neglected and it ends up as making a list for the sole purpose of making a list.

It is good to have a list in one place, things less likey to get lost. But lack of devs is a real issue, and as I have said elsewhere it is not easy to get on the Kodi development merry-go-round. I think the only clear dividing line is between player facilities e.g. being able to play format x of file seamlessly, or streaming something, and all the functions that manage what is on the current list of things to be played. The "player" has an expert dev, but most of the work is video orientated. Playlist management and related stuff probably falls in my direction along with the library (which is my personal main interest). But the job list is big, and progress is slow. Kodi is a mature piece of software, one person can wade in and change stuff but other team members need to be convinced that the result is sound. Getting that approveal from busy people is not always easy or quick.

I am quite sure users can come up with very valid requests far quicker than the devs could ever keep up with. What we do about that I'm not sure.
Would like to mention this here to:

Feature Request: "ListItem.Property(Album_Discs) "

Quote:Feature Request

"ListItem.Property(Album_Discs) "

Shuld show the amouth of Discs a Album Contains (Needed for propper Flagging.)

---

As far as i didnt overlooked something there is currently no way to Flag Albums which contains two Discs (CD's)

This new ListItem shuld help to solve this.

I made the original Feature Request in the Skindev. Forum Link, but i thought its may worth to mention this here to, to be shure this gets attention from the "right" devs. who may be interested in this improvement. (Not shure the Skindev. Forum is the right place to ask for such things, even if its Skindev. related. How ever, mentioning this here, hopefully is the way to go, as for me this would be a welcome improvement.)
We don't store total number of discs as part of album, only song has disc number, so to display this info would require core changes not just the addition of an info lable. It is somethiong which could be tied into better disc set functionality, a current area of weakness.
Currently when an album is "refreshed" from the album info screen using online sources, the screen is not updated with the new album cover until you go out and back in again.

EDIT: It works fine when using "Get thumb" feature from the album info screen. Maybe the code can be copied from there.

EDIT2: Hmm works sometimes, then not other times. Maybe it depends on the view. Will investigate some more...
I would love the addition of specific fanart for each music album. Currently you are stuck with a single Artist background, regardless of the era of the Album by the group. Many groups have hit albums with different line ups

For example I have two albums, both by ACDC.

I would like the background fan art for album "Dirty Deeds" to show Bon Scott, but with the "Back in Black" album I would like the background to show a picture of the band with Brian Johnson.
First of all, sorry for my english.

I red this (quoted down) about finding album artist and i have a request about it. if there was not any kind of tagging for album artist and after that tags for track artists, i suggest every kind (flac, ape, mp4 etc.) of "ensemble" tags should be (invisible) artist of the album. It will be great for orchestral works withhout individual performer/s. In this way, ensembles doesnt appear in artist section, but appear in song title.

I'm using beta now and actually i am having a result as unknown artist and naturally titles without artist.

"7.1 Artist Tags - Resolving Compilations and Multiple Artists

Kodi reads the Album Artist tag in ID3, Ogg, APE and MP4 tags and uses it if available to assign an artist to the album (independently of the track's artist information). This is the "Album Artist" tag (in ID3 this is represented by the "TPE2" tag; in vorbiscomment (ogg) files "ALBUMARTIST", "ALBUM ARTIST" and "ENSEMBLE" are all supported)."
(2016-01-20, 18:52)zag Wrote: - Integrated scraper Music Artist Logos
+1

As a skinner, this is my #1 request. Would be great if artist logos were added to the database and there was an infolabel to access them, just like video logos.

Thanks for all of your work on the music section Dave!
Hello!
I've been using Kodi as a hi quality music player (on Raspberry 2 + IQ Audio DAC, OSMC, all flac files and Yatse as remote) in my living room for almost a year now, and I must say it's almost perfect.
Right now I'm testing the new web interface on and from a laptop and it seems really, really fantastic!
Now it's possible to remotely command Kodi very nicely also from a notebook and, what's more important, it's much easier and faster to create playlists, which is not possible to do from Yatse.

The only 2 things I still miss by now are:

- A much requested feature I believe: Artist named by the MusicBrainz fields of SortOrder set. It's really really annoying to find Bob Dylan under "B" instead of "D".
- A great macro category to be put aside of Artist and so on, that uses Year to group the releases: I like to prepare playlist by group of years (i.e. decades and so on) and to make standings with my friends for particular years, and thus such a feature would be very appreciated.

Thanks for all your work
Alex
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7