• 9(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
Use http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution to point special://musicplaylists to a different location.
(2018-01-29, 02:41)jjd-uk Wrote: Use http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution to point special://musicplaylists to a different location.
That might do the trick if the playlists are actually moved/copied to a location outside of Kodi. But I guess not all users are going to be familiar with creating advanced setting rules like this....
(2018-01-29, 06:29)Dumyat Wrote: That might do the trick if the playlists are actually moved/copied to a location outside of Kodi. But I guess not all users are going to be familiar with creating advanced setting rules like this....

Playlists are stored in your Userdata folder, so this folder should be unaffected by the installation of a new version of Kodi, however you've not defined exactly what you mean by clean install.
(2018-01-29, 12:19)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2018-01-29, 06:29)Dumyat Wrote: That might do the trick if the playlists are actually moved/copied to a location outside of Kodi. But I guess not all users are going to be familiar with creating advanced setting rules like this....

Playlists are stored in your Userdata folder, so this folder should be unaffected by the installation of a new version of Kodi, however you've not defined exactly what you mean by clean install.  
What I mean is on occasion I have removed Kodi from my system, including the profile folder and it's contents, then installed a new copy of Kodi from scratch.
An alternative is this addon https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129499
One thing that has been bothering me is some slight cracklilng noise sometimes that I would attribute to a buffer underrun (Windows). I'm playing through WASAPI, so I would like to ask if it would be possible to get a higher degree of control over this aspect, like buffer size im ms, choice between Push and Event modes. WASAPI is very touchy when it comes to buffer size, usually a buffer of 440ms works best but not for everyone.
Hi Dave, nice to have all the requests collected in one place and first of all, many thanks for the incredible and amazing work you are doing about Kodi music features.

I'm interested in particular about classic music, I have around 600 albums and I'm managing them using Foobar2000 because its great flexibility to define the library navigation tree, but I'd migrate to Kodi, that I already use for videos, in order to have only one video, music and image media manager.

The main feature that I'm looking for at the moment is an enhancement of the folder-type library node, that I've found very interesting: it coudl be very useful to improve the syntax of the path statement to limit the scope of the query to a specific set of values; something like this:
<path>musicdb://genres/?genre like Instrument*</path>

The idea is to store in the "genres" attribute all the instruments used in track with the prefix "Instrement", i.e. Instrument_Oboe, Instrument_Trumpet, etc. (these genres can be easily created by the role tag, using a Mp3tag script and assuming that the track has been tagged based on Musicbrainz). So far, with the improved syntax above, I'll be able to define a folder-type node which list all (ed only) the instruments used in my library and let me to pick an instrument and go deeper in the library by composer or album or whatever I like.

At the same time I'll be able to define the real "genres" node limiting the scope of the query with this syntax:
<path>musicdb://genres/?genre<>Instrument*</path>
getting the real genres tags, like Pop, Rocks, Classic, etc.

Many thanks if you'd like and you will have time to consider this proposal
I don't know if it was already a feature request but here's mine:

+Integrate even more the various tag infos into kodi: i really wish to being able to call into a listItem or player also the BPM tag and the KEY NOTE tag
(2018-11-14, 09:01)3xistence Wrote: I don't know if it was already a feature request but here's mine:

+Integrate even more the various tag infos into kodi: i really wish to being able to call into a listItem or player also the BPM tag and the KEY NOTE tag
 Funny you should mention that, I found a nice website with an API that has a database of song BPMs. I might integrate this into TheAudioDB soon which could potentially be scraper easily.
(2018-11-14, 13:07)docwra Wrote:
(2018-11-14, 09:01)3xistence Wrote: I don't know if it was already a feature request but here's mine:

Funny you should mention that, I found a nice website with an API that has a database of song BPMs. I might integrate this into TheAudioDB soon which could potentially be scraper easily. 
I just noticed by updating my music library the mp3 TAG about the Key note of the composition and the BPM one and i completly love them!

AudioDB also take/import informations from MusicBrainz (which have BPM and KEY NOTE in their database for every single track).
It will be very helpfull integrate the tag/info read for those two fields also and store them into the database
+Add the possibility to open directly the Artist Info page (same as for videos "action on click": play/show info/etc...) also for the music section.

Right about now we have: viewtype-->choose artist-->choose album-->choose track
i would prefer to being able to: viewtype-->choose artist-->artist info/bio-->choose album-->choose track

I don't know if it's possible to change the behaviour of the selection in the viewtype by only the skins but i would appreciate a feature inside Kodi (it's already there for movies/videos so why not do it also for music)

AcousticBrainz already does this.  Go to any track in MusicBrainz, select Details tab, click AcousticBrainz entry and you'll get all these details.  At first I thought AcoustID handled this, but reading the FAQ I see AB is doing their own thing.
(2018-03-31, 09:07)myskin Wrote: The idea is to store in the "genres" attribute all the instruments used in track with the prefix "Instrement"

This would be better handled in it's own tag.  I don't know of a database that would supply this, and I'm not sure how you would handle some things, like a rap song that samples a trumpet.  This would probably be a manual affair.  It looks like ID3 does not contain an Instrument frame, but that doesn't mean you can't use one, and you can use almost anything in FLAC tags.  I use Jaikoz and there is an Instrument field.  The question is what can read it.  It would be nice if there were a way to enable nonessential tags in advancedsettings.xml or something.  That would open up use for custom fields that Kodi would pick up while leaving the standard tags to their intended purpose.
REQUEST: Hierarchical Genres

I use genres extensively.  I use the Allmusic genres and tag my files manually (long process, I know).  I find these genres to be the most accurate and consistent out there, but there's something like 1200 of them.  They way they structure it (can be seen at www.allmusic.com/genres) is 21 main genres, then each genre has sub-genres, then those subs have styles.  Like so:

Country
- Contemporary Country
- - Contemporary Bluegrass

I would like to select genres in Kodi this way.  The problem is everyone uses just one genre field, so I use that single frame for all of it, comma delimited: "Country,Contemporary Country,Contemporary Bluegrass".  This results in 3 items in the genres list in Kodi and everything behaves properly, it just turns into one huge list.  I would like a feature or an addon that would allow me to expand down to the level of detail I wish - or even just select the top level - and return the files accordingly.

I know not many people put this much attention into genres, but it's great to select something like "Hair Metal" and throw it on random and hear what's expected.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7