• 10(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
Hi, you know when you are watching a film you can amplify the volume in the audio subtitles menu.

When I use music player there is no option to amplify

This means I can play a movie at a much higher volume than any of my music.

Can you please add volume amplification to the music player also as its my music I want pounding out into the street not any movie
I would humbly like to request a new rule filter for smartplaylists: No. of channels. Sometimes I would just like to listen to my multichannel music. I guess I could do it via path or source but at the moment my files are sorted by genre and resorting them would add an extra level of complexity that feels too much right now. With a channel rule + a genre rule I could do so much more. Thanks in advance!
I would really like to see KODI support the universal FMPS standard (FMPS_RATING tag) along with the RATING & POPM tag

The fmps_rating is already fully supported (read/write) by a lot of music players like Amarok, Clementine, Cantata (mpd client) Rhythmbox, Banshee etc.
So a lot of users have their library rated with the fmps_rating tag but on KODI is not usable / visible.
Also there is no easy solution as i can see for a user to convert the fmps_rating tag to POPM or RATING to be able to use it with KODI.
Hi Dave,

there's one display issue for albums I would love to see sorted out. We all know that many of those old bands we love churn out remasters of their catalogue. I would like to use Manfred Mann's Earth Band as an example, but this is equally true for many other bands like Pink Floyd etc.

MMEB has issued a remaster of their complete catalogue titled "40th Anniversary". When tagged with musicbrainz, all their albums indiscriminately bear the title "40th Anniversary" and only the true connoisseur is able to distinguish which is which by song title or album cover when playing in Kodi (they also tag with the bloody beautified apostrophe in "Manfred Mann’s Earth Band" which I correct every time - don't get me started). To add insult to injury, all of these albums now bear the year of the Anniversary release.

However, all of the releases are also tagged with a <DISCSUBTITLE> tag where the correct album name lives. Discogs also sometimes uses this method but writes the tag as <DISC_SUBTITLE>.

To cut a long story short, the solution I see would be to let these tags take priority over the <ALBUM> tag. Contrary to its name, <DISCSUBTITLE> would replace the title and <ALBUM> would be degraded to subtitle in these cases. Of course, it could also work the other way around but the <DISCSUBTITLE> contains the information I feel is more crucial when presenting an album.

Thanks for adding it to your pile!
(2019-03-03, 19:17)HeresJohnny Wrote: Hi Dave,

there's one display issue for albums I would love to see sorted out. We all know that many of those old bands we love churn out remasters of their catalogue. I would like to use Manfred Mann's Earth Band as an example, but this is equally true for many other bands like Pink Floyd etc.

MMEB has issued a remaster of their complete catalogue titled "40th Anniversary". When tagged with musicbrainz, all their albums indiscriminately bear the title "40th Anniversary" and only the true connoisseur is able to distinguish which is which by song title or album cover when playing in Kodi (they also tag with the bloody beautified apostrophe in "Manfred Mann’s Earth Band" which I correct every time - don't get me started). To add insult to injury, all of these albums now bear the year of the Anniversary release.

However, all of the releases are also tagged with a <DISCSUBTITLE> tag where the correct album name lives. Discogs also sometimes uses this method but writes the tag as <DISC SUBTITLE>.

To cut a long story short, the solution I see would be to let these tags take priority over the <ALBUM> tag. Contrary to its name, <DISCSUBTITLE> would replace the title and <ALBUM> would be degraded to subtitle in these cases. Of course, it could also work the other way around but the <DISCSUBTITLE> contains the information I feel is more crucial when presenting an album.

Thanks for adding it to your pile!
 What I see on MB is that "40th Anniversary" is a box set with a single bar code and containing 21 physical CDs.  So the problem appears to  be one of "boxed sets" and titles for media within a set.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Not shure if this needs a Bugreport, or if this have to be considered a "Feature request", how ever:

If i browse by "Genre" and a certain Genre contains only Singles "* All Artists" is EMPTY!

possible solution: bypass one level if a Genre contains only Singles and go straight in to "* All Albums", (which holds all tracks from these Genre.)

------

(may a bit strange Naming, and therefore a bit confosing as "* all Albums" hold all "Tracks" (inclusive single Tracks) from a certain Artist by browsing via "Artist" or from a certain Genre, by Browsing via "Genre".)

=====

by the way:

Would be realy cool if oneday it would be possible to tell Kodi just: "Kodi, play me some Jazz" by entering the door, and Kodi starts to play Jazz. (In a "smart" way of course, where it selects Tracks from this Genre by searching in "Top 100 songs" + "Top 100 Albums" + Adding some random Tracks from this Genre.)

That would be sooo bigger than gr8! / how gr8 would that be!
Just went through that list quickly, the things I'm posting here seem not to be covered yet. Sorry if I've missed them :-)
  1. support for BPM per track (TBPM tag in MP3s) would be very helpful for me and my smart-playlists, which I'm currently generating with MusicBee (putting them into the DB, having them displayed somewhere and being able to use them for smart playlists). It would be much nicer to have smart playlists with bpm in them (and moods don't work for me, I use a combination of genres and bpms) -- see also https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338933
  2. support for the Country would also be nice, but BPM would be much more helpful
  3. Some sort of synchronization with Squeezeboxes (multi-room audio)? -- https://forums.slimdevices.com/ -- these things are no longer produced but still very functional. It would be nice to be able to e.g. start a playlist via Kodi and have the tracks also play in the various Squeezeboxes in my appartment. Maybe even some sort of, but that's not strictly music, audio-output from videos I am playing on Kodi on the Squeezeboxes?

Thanks!
(2019-05-23, 23:32)TP.One Wrote: Would be realy cool if oneday it would be possible to tell Kodi just: "Kodi, play me some Jazz" by entering the door, and Kodi starts to play Jazz.

You could of course tinker with that idea even further. Some sort of "presence detection" (your smartphone connects to your wifi, you have a smart-tag on your key-chain or something similar and your house network knows, that you've entered your home), some sort of cross-referencing with the local weather (it's sunny outside, it's rainy outside) and Kodi playing the appropriate music / smart playlist in the appropriate volume.
Dear all,

wavpack has added, since v5 (and it's out for quite a while), an option to directly compress DSD audio. The compression is great, my test file, Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells' part one, which is DSD of roughly 1 GB in size, it is compressed to around 470 MB, without conversion to wav - it comresses DSD stream directly to wavpack, and when playing back, it plays DSD stream, so you have to have decoder for that.
In Foobar it works perfectly. KODI supports wavpack, and it supports DSD, but it doesn't support wavpacked DSD stream. It would be nice if you would add the support for that.

Other thing I would LOVE to see is implementing ReplayGain on/off switches when playing audio in, for example, sidebar, where view options, actions and player controls are. Looking like this,
ReplayGain Settings:
OFF  TRACK  ALBUM

...so it would be easy to switch on or off, and set appropriate mode. Great for randomly selected music.
Could you please add music file tags "category" and custom ones as smart playlist criteria?
(2019-08-21, 22:36)der_general Wrote: Could you please add music file tags "category" and custom ones as smart playlist criteria?

EDIT: I mean the grouping tag label.
Hi folks,

I have music in different sample rates. My Kodi  is connected with HDMI to my Pre-Pro (NuForce AVP-18). If I play music in 16/44.1 everything is OK, but if I chose a song in 24/96 the sound is muted för the first 2s or so. This is very annoying.

Is it possible to add an optional delay before the playback starts in order to give the Pre-Pro/AVR time to sync when the sample rate changes? Similar to the delay we can configure for Videos when the frame rate changes.

- Janne
Feature Request:

InfoLabel:
xml:
MusicPlayer.Offset(Number).Filenameandpath

would alow to play a static item via "onklick" via "PlayMedia".

Reg.
I have been studying Opus format lately.  The standard for metadata tags are in xiph/vorbis comment format and provide 2 tags; R128_TRACK_GAIN and R128_ALBUM_GAIN.  There are no "peak" values defined (see here:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7845#section-5.2)  The values are optional +/- followed by up to 6 integer digits representing an Q7.8 fixed-point value in decibels. 

My feasibility request is if these tags could be read, converted to floats, and stored in the existing strReplayGain song attribute.  AFAIK, the processing in Kodi is identical to replaygain, just the value for the gain was computed differently (outside of Kodi).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I've been looking for a way to display the songs / artists in the music library in a more compact way, to see more of them on one screen.

Should this best be addressed in the core or in skins?

Kindly
Jonathan
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7