Req Timers and future recordings widget in Jarvis for Windows
I had a discussion about the timers view in Kodi Jarvis RC1 and now RC2 with the dvblink addon. See here.

In Jarvis is the timer overview option with the dvblink addon changed. It does not overview the future recordings anymore as it did in Kodi Isengard but it does overview all scheduled timers. No matter if they have future recordings planned or not. I can now only see those future recordings when I go to a timer and select it. In there are all future recordings planned for the next days.
This is not how I want it and my request is to have back just an overview of next future recordings that are planned. Is that possible to get (back)?

Also the timer widget displays all kind of wrong future recordings now.

The dvblink pvr client addon is has changed some things and it seems that Kodi needs some changes too for the timer and future recordings view and widget?

I hope this can be added or changed.

Thanks
Kodi Krypton well have separate Windows for "timer rules" and "timers". This feature simply made int not in time into Jarvis. Sorry. ;-)

The "next recordings" widget displaying wrong stuff is due to a bug in the dvblink add-on not handling start time of timer rules correctly. I pointed this out several times before and hope that the add-on maintainer comes up with a fix soon.
(2016-02-03, 19:30)ksooo Wrote: Kodi Krypton well have separate Windows for "timer rules" and "timers". This feature simply made int not in time into Jarvis. Sorry. ;-)

The "next recordings" widget displaying wrong stuff is due to a bug in the dvblink add-on not handling start time of timer rules correctly. I pointed this out several times before and hope that the add-on maintainer comes up with a fix soon.
I hope they will fix it . Thanks.
(2016-02-03, 19:30)ksooo Wrote: Kodi Krypton well have separate Windows for "timer rules" and "timers". This feature simply made int not in time into Jarvis. Sorry. ;-)

I do not agree that this is a bug in DVBLink addon. This looks to me more like a bug in Kodi itself.
At the level of the rule date-time information does not make any sense. What should we put there? Date/time of the original epg event, which was used to schedule series recording? Or date/time of the first coming recording? What if original epg event does not exist anymore or there are no timers generated for this series recording?..
In my opinion there should be a simple descriptional text there, saying smth. like "EPG-based series recording" or nothing at all.
(2016-02-04, 10:13)dvblogic Wrote:

I do not agree that this is a bug in DVBLink addon. This looks to me more like a bug in Kodi itself.
At the level of the rule date-time information does not make any sense. What should we put there? Date/time of the original epg event, which was used to schedule series recording? Or date/time of the first coming recording? What if original epg event does not exist anymore or there are no timers generated for this series recording?..
In my opinion there should be a simple descriptional text there, saying smth. like "EPG-based series recording" or nothing at all.

Maybe Kodi core has some problems if a timer type does not support PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_START_TIME? Bug fix PR for Kodi core welcome.
Maybe we're facing two different problems here:

1. The wrong strings displayed in the "planned time" column of the timer window (the "1970 problem"): This could be due to a bug in Kodi core not handling correctly timer rules not supporting PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_START_TIME / PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_END_TIME. I will come up with a fix as soon as I find the time to deal with this.

2. The next recording widget showing wrong next recordings. This widget never shows any rules, only "real" timers. And a real timer has to have a valid start and end date/time. Maybe this is actually an addon bug?
(2016-02-04, 12:10)ksooo Wrote: Maybe we're facing two different problems here:

1. The wrong strings displayed in the "planned time" column of the timer window (the "1970 problem"): This could be due to a bug in Kodi core not handling correctly timer rules not supporting PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_START_TIME / PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_END_TIME. I will come up with a fix as soon as I find the time to deal with this.

2. The next recording widget showing wrong next recordings. This widget never shows any rules, only "real" timers. And a real timer has to have a valid start and end date/time. Maybe this is actually an addon bug?

This is exactly right!
@dvblogic regarding problem 1: I think setting PVR_TIMER.bStartAnyTime and PVR_TIMER.bEndAnyTime to true to indicate that start and stop time is "any time" for the respective rules should fix the "1970 problem". Cannot test myself as I do not have a dvblink setup myself.
This is still an issue in the final release of Jarvis. Kodi or DVBlink issue, I don't mind. Please give DVBlink users back an normal overview of timers like it was in Isengard.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timers and future recordings widget in Jarvis for Windows0