• 3(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-02-17, 15:53)noggin Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 15:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Agreed with Popcornmix, its not trivial work at all, and for that I hope he is getting paid by the RPi foundation.

I believe Intel employ a whole army of devs just for Kernel work alone.
Which begs the question, why aren't AMLogic... If it's just because they can save the money and continue to release new Android builds based on old kernels, they will presumably hit a point where they need to move to a newer kernel. (3.14 LTS only has 6 month of LTS left after all...)
Could be, reach the end of LTS and then be forced to build new Kernels. Or maybe Google forces their hand with new Android OS ?

Anyone know what Linux Kernel version something like a nVIDIA Shield is using ?

(2016-02-17, 16:00)wrxtasy Wrote: Anyone know what Linux Kernel version something like a nVIDIA Shield is using ?
It is 3.10.61-ge817e80
wrxtasy
Sorry that ask. When will the first assembly Openelec for C2 or it will not be for C2?
pretty sure wrxtasy has said that the openelec for the C2 will launch when the C2 is available commercially no point doing it earlier
(2016-02-21, 16:17)Loki69 Wrote: pretty sure wrxtasy has said that the openelec for the C2 will launch when the C2 is available commercially no point doing it earlier
Thank you Blush
wrxtasy
Which Wi-Fi adapters expect wi-fi "odroid" are supported for C2 Openelec?
(2016-02-24, 14:22)blackride Wrote: wrxtasy
Which Wi-Fi adapters expect wi-fi "odroid" are supported for C2 Openelec?

this should be asked over on the odroid forums not really a kodi question (i know its kodi related) but will get a better answer over thier and also they have more people with test units currently on the forums over thier.
When will it available for buying?
The next week AFAIK
They are now up for pre-order on the UK re-seller Lilliput Direct/LIYMO (I think they've changed their name recently) : http://www.liymo.com/mc-odroid/hardkerne...d-c2-board GBP£45+postage
(2016-02-28, 11:20)noggin Wrote: They are now up for pre-order on the UK re-seller Lilliput Direct/LIYMO (I think they've changed their name recently) : http://www.liymo.com/mc-odroid/hardkerne...d-c2-board GBP£45+postage

60€Huh

Then better buying mini mx $45 with s905, wifi, bluetooth, remote, power supply, box Smile
(2016-02-29, 08:19)envagyok Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 11:20)noggin Wrote: They are now up for pre-order on the UK re-seller Lilliput Direct/LIYMO (I think they've changed their name recently) : http://www.liymo.com/mc-odroid/hardkerne...d-c2-board GBP£45+postage

60€Huh

Then better buying mini mx $45 with s905, wifi, bluetooth, remote, power supply, box Smile

They are two very different things though, and the support for running various OSs on the ODroid boards is good. (We don't all just use SBCs just for Kodi :-) )
It's available on hardkernel's site for $40.
However, I've read that early S905 had hardware issues that were fixed in the next revision: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2208083
The question is -- what revision will I get if I order it now?
No idea, that would be a specific question only HardKernel could answer.

Just a heads up. You really only need a Case and the Board itself. The C1 and C2, work happily with just using a Mini otg to usb cable plugged into a Phone charger for power. And thats with a DVB USB Tuner attached and a few other small USB dongles. I also use the responsive built in IR port, so don't even use an extra remote.

Start adding 2.5" HDD's and you need a proper power supply, like all ARM gear.

Also I would only get WiFi / BT usb dongles from HardKernel so you know 100% they are going to work. Or at the very least ask them directly on their specific C2 Sub-forum about compatibility before purchase.

Odroid C2 really looks very promising.
Can you please compare C1+ with C2 in the scope of HD Audio passthrough HDMI and CEC?
Are you going to release new OpenELEC especially for Odroid C2 which will utilize 64bit architecture or it can be easily OpenELEC for C1+ used?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610