• 19(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Just tried the latest C2 release from post 269. It seems to no longer power down properly when I select shutdown, nor does it reboot when I select reboot?
A quick question, will this ever support 7.1 DTS HD audio and Atmos?
Is it being worked on or will it never be possible because of an hardware limitation?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-25, 00:30)ArieS Wrote: A quick question, will this ever support 7.1 DTS HD audio and Atmos?
Is it being worked on or will it never be possible because of an hardware limitation?

Doubt it's hardware as other AMLogic devices support DTS-HD (it's not just 7.1 DTS-HD that is a problem, 5.1 DTS-HD MA is also not bitstreamed), and the C2 supports Dolby True HD bitstreamed (not sure about Dolby True HD + Atmos). The C2 doesn't handle DD+ (so DD+ Atmos tracks may be an issue too). (*)

(*) Atmos is being used both with Dolby True HD (lossless) and Dolby Digital Plus (lossy) tracks - on Blu-ray.
Thanks noggin.
So DTS-HD, DD+ and PCM support is WIP?
(2016-05-25, 01:01)ArieS Wrote: Thanks noggin.
So DTS-HD, DD+ and PCM support is WIP?

Suspect DTS-HD bit streaming is WIP - not so sure about PCM multichannel (obviously the C2 already supports PCM 2.0)

Wetek got both True HD/DTS-HD and multichannel PCM working in Android on the S812-based Core, and I suspect they will do the same for the Hub. They have been working on Linux HD Audio and PCM support too for the Core, so I wouldn't be surprised if LibreElec support for HD Audio and Multichannel PCM happened.
LibreELEC support for the C2 or the Wetek? Sorry I'm confused now.
(2016-05-25, 10:35)ArieS Wrote: LibreELEC support for the C2 or the Wetek? Sorry I'm confused now.

Was trying to say I think Wetek are trying to get HD Audio on the Core under LibreElec, and if they do that they are likely to do the same for the Hub, and as they open source their LibreElec stuff that could be positive for other S905 boxes. Lots of caveats.

You should really never buy anything if it doesn't do what you want when you buy it IF you need it to. If you can afford to take a punt - that's a different story.
I see, that makes sense now.

It seems the do-it-all box will never exist.
And I know what you mean about buying with IFs. Actually I just ordered a NUC D34010WYK1 because the N2820 really wasn't cutting it. So this box is to use the Windows MVC build... But Windows 10... argh.

I love OpenELEC/LibreELEC on the Pi2 but the box is just too weak plus no Immersive audio.

The specs for the C2 look great and if one day it supports all HD audio codecs/OE/LE then it seems like a no brainer for a second box.

And then there's the udoo... : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/udo...r/?src=bl1

Smile
Had time for a bit of S905 Kernel spelunking today and all the LPCM, EAC3 and DTSHD code is in there, just got to tease it into action, so I did a quick dirty little hack in Kodi to try and force the issue.

Just need a Guinea Pig to test EAC3 and DTS-HD MA... Wink

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.EAC3.DTSHD.tar

Wow, this is great I've been eying the C2 for a while now, and since the CEC died in my Pi2 now I have an excuse to buy one.
Thanks for the great work.
One question, which build do I use for the C2?
Just be aware Post #2 has the current working status of Kodi. No one has tested EAC3 or DTS-HD MA yet, so lets not count the chickens before they hatch Wink

(2016-05-25, 15:41)wrxtasy Wrote: Had time for a bit of S905 Kernel spelunking today and all the LPCM, EAC3 and DTSHD code is in there, just got to tease it into action, so I did a quick dirty little hack in Kodi to try and force the issue.

I'll have to give this a try ASAP once done work. Finger's crossed!
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-05-25, 15:41)wrxtasy Wrote: Had time for a bit of S905 Kernel spelunking today and all the LPCM, EAC3 and DTSHD code is in there, just got to tease it into action, so I did a quick dirty little hack in Kodi to try and force the issue.

No obvious difference.

True HD is OK.

DTS-HD MA/HRA and Dolby Digital + test files all sit there with the HDMI flashing and deliver silence on my Onkyo amp.

There is no option to set the number of channels in the Audio Output page so I can't see if AAC 5.1 is decoded to PCM 5.1 as it defaults to stereo 2.0. (There isn't an option to set how many PCM output channels you have)

Tested this new DTS-HD build with my MKV movies and those 3 sample files (http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples):
- 08. DTS-HD HRA 5.1 (in MKV @ 1080p/23.976 VC-1)
- 10. DTS-HD MA 5.1 Channel Check (in M2TS @ 1080p/23.976)
- 12. DTS-HD MA 7.1 'Dredd' Audio Channel Check (in M2TS @ 1080p/23.976) (thanks looun)

First test:
*enabled in settings the DTS-HD passthrough
*disabled DTS-HD decoding

1. played those 3 sample files.. none played sound. The Receiver flashed the HDMI sign, that means usually it cannot handshake something. But videostream plays
2. Playing one of my DTS-HRA and also a DTS-HD mkv movie: The same hdmi blinking with picture but no sound.
3. playing simple DTS (-core) movie (not DTS-HD) does passthrough DTS correctly as it should. But this is not a DTS-HD audiostream, just the core.

Second test:
*disabled DTS-HD passthrough
*enabled DTS-HD decoding

1. playing those 3 sample files outputs always PCM 2.0
2. playing DTS-HRA movie outputs (flawlessly) PCM 2.0 to my receiver and plays it fine
3. playing simple DTS movie outputs also PCM 2.0

So the decoding works only from multichannel to 2.0 PCM unfortunately

also Strange behavior:

If passthrough is disabled for DTS but enabled for DTS-HD, then all those DTS-HD files play PCM 2.0 (though decoding DTS-HD is disabled) and also regular DTS files play PCM 2.0. So decoding is somehow turned on unintentionally.
If passthrough is enabled for DTS and for DTS-HD, then DTS is passedthrough correctly to DTS but DTS-HD does not handshake as described in observations at beginning of my post.
(2016-05-25, 16:41)wrxtasy Wrote: Just be aware Post #2 has the current working status of Kodi. No one has tested EAC3 or DTS-HD MA yet, so lets not count the chickens before they hatch Wink

Too late, just purchased one, I'm now committed.
He he, I understand that it is a WIP, I'll contribute where I can.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610