• 22(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-05-29, 18:33)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe the C2 does output 32bpp Color, so updated the Kernel today including this interesting patch:
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/comm...e2cbbcf0ae

I not sure but the color ouput may look more saturated.

Something has gone wrong if that is the case. Changing bit depth shouldn't alter saturation, white or black levels - assuming you're still in the same colour space (709 probably) and haven't been tipped into something else like Rec 2020?

32bpp is usually 4:4:4 YCrCb or RGB 8 bit with an 8 bit with an alpha channel usually - you'd expect 10 or 12 bit to be described as 30 or 36 bit 4:4:4 YCrCb/RGB or 15/18 bit YCrCb 4:2:0 or 20/24bit YCrCb 4:2:2 10 or 12 bit respectively
Quote:Went delving into Koying's old 3D MVC Archives today and plugged that in as well, ISO's supported. Appears to be working when looking at the logs.
No 3D TV to test tho. Outputs as Top/Bottom, Half Resolution if I'm not mistaken.

Fixed up 3D scaling in 2160p mode as well.

MySQL users will be happy as an old Davilla aka MrMC aka Sly Ol' Fox patch went in to drag configuration in from the dark ages from using the advancedsettings.xml file to configuration using the much friendlier Kodi GUI (found under services). Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.MVC.ISO.tar

W. Smile

If you get Top / Bottom 3D output in 2160p - that would be no resolution loss would it? Assuming 3D TVs will accept 2160p Top/Bottom that might be a way round Frame Packing?
(2016-05-28, 03:33)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Has anyone else noticed that videos often start playback around the 7 second mark instead of the very beginning of the video? Large or small, doesn't matter. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I just noticed that too same with Live TV but i think it is the refrefreshrate switch on the C2 is slow compare too my rpi 3.
@noggin, As I said I'm probably just seeing things and not at all sure if there has been any visual change.

@Pienoet, I don't now what is going on with MidnightWatchers setup. The exact same files tested on my system start virtually instantaneously. Unable to reproduce his issue with the .mov files.

Live TV using the AML Hardware decoding has always been a bit slow to start the very first time on all AML platforms I have seen. Subsequent channel changes are then pretty quick, especially if you have the TvHeadend client configured for predictive tuning.
You can speed the very first channel startup a bit for mpeg2 480/576i TV channels by selecting 720p and Up in the Video acceleration settings.

Refresh switching on my 2016 4K TV takes less than 0.5 seconds with the C2. Its all to do with the TV Hardware. Refresh switching and the start of video playback is virtually instantaneous.

Which case and which psu do you use for the Odroid C2? Greetings from Germany Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
- Black Case to try and Shield the extra Bright Blue Kernel Activity - Flashing LED (I've got to tame that bugger down a bit !)
- iPhone Charger with minimal USB Dongles connected, sometimes a FLIRC.

For peace of mind you may just want to grab a HK PSU as they don't look that expensive anyway, and plug straight into EU Sockets.

Also No support for the HiFi Shield with LibreELEC on the C2.
I had to revert all HardKernel - Kernel Audio Mods to get any sort of Audio Passthrough working properly. I doubt I will look at it again.

(2016-05-29, 21:18)noggin Wrote: If you get Top / Bottom 3D output in 2160p - that would be no resolution loss would it? Assuming 3D TVs will accept 2160p Top/Bottom that might be a way round Frame Packing?

ive been asking that question for a long time now... no one either seems to notice or care enough to give an answer.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Any chance to add 10bit color(30bit deep color) out for c2?

osx just added ARGB2101010 to new imac, still 32bpp, however 30bit color now.

Any chance to do that for c2? seems no over load to HDMI , still 32bpp.

Thank you.

(2016-05-28, 04:21)wrxtasy Wrote: No Full 1080p 3D MVC on any AML platform and I cannot see that changing anytime soon....a bunch of us are not interested even finding out why.

Next I'm not sure any platform actually gives 10bit video output at 2160p. 10bit decoding yes, but not 10bit actual video output. Although the Shield may do actual 10bit 2160p output at 50/60Hz. But that is useless for 24p movies. A Kernel update on AML would be able to fix this going forward I would think.

(2016-05-27, 22:14)noggin Wrote: Yes! DTS-HD MA playing from a 1080/50i DTS-HD MA clip on my C2! Brilliant work people!

Now - PCM 5.1/7.1 next surely! That's the killer thing next - so FLAC5.1/7.1 and AAC 5.1/71. multichannel work without transcoding (and quality loss)
All the LPCM code is sitting there in the v3.14 Kernel. It looks like Kodi needs a few more patches as this is the pertinent signalling code.
https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv.....patch#L52

Trouble is when when Digital passthrough patches are applied , the Audio Channel selector disappears so channels always equals 2.0.
This is the current stumbling block. I'm going to revert so AML code..
(2016-05-29, 20:48)MaDeMaNN Wrote:
(2016-05-29, 18:33)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe the C2 does output 32bpp Color, so updated the Kernel today including this interesting patch:

Went delving into Koying's old 3D MVC Archives today and plugged that in as well, ISO's supported. Appears to be working when looking at the logs.
No 3D TV to test tho. Outputs as Top/Bottom, Half Resolution if I'm not mistaken.

MySQL users will be happy as an old Davilla aka MrMC aka Sly Ol' Fox patch went in to drag configuration in from the dark ages from using the advancedsettings.xml file to configuration using the much friendlier Kodi GUI (found under services). Smile

W. Smile

Thanks wrxtasy for the update! I just loaded this on right now and tried out Ant-Man but it didnt automatically switch my TV into 3D mode. Is there a certain setting I need to enable? Once again thanks for your help. The DTS-HD works perfect now too!

Usually the reason for not switching it automatically is that your videofile has not H-SBS or TAB labels in its filenames. But I noticed pretty often, that kodi still sometimes does not recognize 3D even if labels are present. But one thing was ALWAYS reliable for 3D switching, no matter if filenametags are present or not:

I simply edited the File-Header with MKVtoolNix and set the Stereoscopic video mode to "1" (that means SBS) or "3" (that means TAB). After saving the header my TV switches directly to 3D and the MVC 3D sample video looks simply perfect in 3D (OpenELEC 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 7.0.0) on my Raspberry Pi2. Not tested yet on Odroid C2!

Summary:

1. Download mkvtoolnix
2. open the gui and switch to "File Header" tab
3. Drag and Drop your MKV file
4. Expand the Video-Stream
5. Scroll down to the botton of the expanded videostream headers
6. Choose there the stereoscopic line and set the value to 1
7. Save the changed header via the fileheader-drop-down-menu at the top of mkvtoolnix-gui.

All these steps take less than 10 seconds regardless of filesize, as only the header is being updated. I am setting all the stereomodes (1=SBS, 3=TAB/OU) since ever, as this makes sure that kodi and my TV switch properly into the correct 3D mode, regardless of any flags in the filename... I can only recommend everybody to do the same for every mkv file.

Also as far as I understood MVC seems to be always Stereoscopic-flag "1", so it equals SBS (don't know why... may be this is a bug right now, as flags 13 and 14 sound like they should be for MVC, but it did not work for me).

On my RPi2 this MVC testfile https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxFVkl...9XMDA/view switches into 3D automatically and plays properly if I edit the file header as described to 1 (equals SBS).
(2016-05-29, 22:33)xxxbugxxxx Wrote: Any chance to add 10bit color(30bit deep color) out for c2?

osx just added ARGB2101010 to new imac, still 32bpp, however 30bit color now.

Any chance to do that for c2? seems no over load to HDMI , still 32bpp.

What does the 32bpp refer to if the video is 10bit RGB = 30bpp (or 10bit 4:4:4 YCbCr = 30bpp) Are the 2 extra bits for alpha (2 bit Alpha is going to be very crunchy)

Or is it just 2 bits of empty padding data to keep things nicely byte-aligned?
probably packed padding.

ARGB2101010 = SDL2.define_pixelformat(PIXELTYPE:TongueACKED32, PACKEDORDER::ARGB, PACKEDLAYOUT::N2101010, 32, 4)
(2016-05-29, 23:28)xxxbugxxxx Wrote: probably packed padding.

ARGB2101010 = SDL2.define_pixelformat(PIXELTYPE:TongueACKED32, PACKEDORDER::ARGB, PACKEDLAYOUT::N2101010, 32, 4)

Good blog post here on the challenges that 10 bit video can introduce with regard to byte-alignment. 8-bit video aligns nicely with bytes, 10 bit video can be done lots of different ways, some require more shuffling than others, and code optimisation can give big dividends : http://obe.tv/about-us/obe-blog/item/21-...onversions

Sounds like the ARGB2101010 is possibly v210?
(2016-05-29, 21:47)wrxtasy Wrote: Refresh switching on my 2016 4K TV takes less than 0.5 seconds with the C2. Its all to do with the TV Hardware. Refresh switching and the start of video playback is virtually instantaneous.

Do you route through an AVR wrxtasy? That may also slow things down a bit. My C2 definitely takes longer than 0.5" to sync up on my Sony 2014 UHD set routed through my Onkyo AVR. Somewhere between 1" and 2" I'd say, occasionally a bit longer. Haven't tried taking the AVR out of circuit. The Amp is configured not to upscale - though it does add on screen graphics.
Hi infinity85, I am trying to use a iso MVC file. Do you know how to many edit that? Thanks,
Probably v410 for imac.
Either v410, v210 could be great for C2 if possible....

And if Kodi can add support for those 10bit output, now are are in UHD HDR ageSmile

(2016-05-29, 23:34)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-29, 23:28)xxxbugxxxx Wrote: probably packed padding.

Good blog post here on the challenges that 10 bit video can introduce with regard to byte-alignment. 8-bit video aligns nicely with bytes, 10 bit video can be done lots of different ways, some require more shuffling than others, and code optimisation can give big dividends : http://obe.tv/about-us/obe-blog/item/21-...onversions

Sounds like the ARGB2101010 is possibly v210?
(2016-05-29, 20:48)MaDeMaNN Wrote:

Went delving into Koying's old 3D MVC Archives today and plugged that in as well, ISO's supported. Appears to be working when looking at the logs.

W. Smile

Thanks wrxtasy for the update! I just loaded this on right now and tried out Ant-Man but it didnt automatically switch my TV into 3D mode. Is there a certain setting I need to enable? Once again thanks for your help. The DTS-HD works perfect now too!

Can fully confirm MaDeMaNNs obervation regarding 3D MVC playback!

My general observation with any 3D file on Odroid C2:
Kodi switches to 3D playbackmode (if I set proper StereoHeaderNumber) but TV does not switch automatically. Same files on Raspberry Pi 2 let the tv switch automatically to correct 3D mode.
- Usual 3D H-SBS plays smoothly (although does not let switch tv automatically to 3D), but sometimes first 5 seconds of picture are black but sound plays fine.

My observations with 3D MVC (recent MVC build from wrxtasy) testfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxFVkl...ef=2&pli=1 :

- 3D Full MVC testfile with original (nonedited Header): Kodi menu does NOT switch into 3D mode. Picture is displayed as Top Bottom (so far so good!!, that means Odroid indeed distingueshes both eye-streams out of MVC) but frames jump somehow mostly... some seconds smooth playback, mostly jumping somehow.. hard to describe but have a look at my captured videos of the testing at the end of this post. Also TV does not switch to 3d by itself.
- 3D Full MVC testfile with edited header to 1 (means SBS): Kodi menu switches to 3D SBS, video is displayed as Top Bottom. The TV does not switch to 3D, so does not recognize kodis signal as 3D. But shows top bottom picture. Also frames jump as before
- 3D Full MVC testfile with edited header to 13 (should actually be MVC header I think): Kodi menu dies NOT switch to 3D mode. So the same as if no header is set. But top bottom is pictured and frames jump.
- 3D Full MVC testfile with edited header to 3 (means TAB): Kodi menu switches correctly to TAB mode and Video is in TAB (as always in these test). Frames jump also and tv does not switch automatically to 3D.

Summary for Odroid:
*It does indeed play 3D Full MVC files, but with jumping frames and I am not sure which resultion the output is finally. If I check my TVs Info, it displays 1080p24. But this is also the same with H-SBS and H-TAB files, because they have actually 1080 lines, which are seperated into 2 pictures (540 lines per eye). When I look at the picture I think the resolution is not full but half.
*Kodi somehow does not pass the 3D signal to my TV, so I have to switch manually to the particular 3D mode (TAB / SBS)
*MVC or 3D label in filename and also the headersetting seems to be NOT necessary for Odroid to display it correctly as TAB! (on my raspberry I still have OpenELEC 6, there it is just displaying 2D if not flagged in Header)
(*Comparison to Raspberry: There it is swithing TV automatically to correct 3D mode and also the Kodi menu. 3D MVC is playing smoothly.)
* Have a look at the Videos below!

3D MVC Test capture on Odroid C2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5aoz7o2qinr5mc...2.mp4?dl=0
3D MVC Test capture on Raspberry Pi2 [OpenELEC 6] (for comparison how it should look like if MVC support works correctly): https://www.dropbox.com/s/zicumphg7lmv0o...2.mp4?dl=0
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610