• 42(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Hi,
What is the upsaling algorithm of the OC2?
The rpi have a pretty decent Mitchell-Netravali (pretty good DVD->1080p upscale and good for 720p->1080p)
Thanks
All upscaling is done in Hardware on AMLogic devices, no idea what Algorithm AML use. Its pretty good quality too in my eyes.

Thx. to the awesome LE patches by @kszaq it looks like we will be trialling the following on AML devices from this point onwards:

LibreELEC 7.1.0 - Multichannel PCM Audio & EAC3(DD+) testing

W.

Any chance to improve c1 as well?
(2016-09-08, 20:16)wrxtasy Wrote: Thx. to the awesome LE patches by @kszaq it looks like we will be trialling the following on AML devices from this point onwards:

LibreELEC 7.1.0 - Multichannel PCM Audio & EAC3(DD+) testing

Didn't go well on my C2...

http://www.oula.org/vrac/C2_LibreELEC_upgrade.jpg
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Uncompress the .tar update on a PC and copy all the files over to the SD/eMMC card manually.
Make sure the .dtb file is copied from the 3rdparty/bootloader folder too.

All C2 LE support questions in the HardKernel testing thread I linked too please.

i am interested in this little board and i have a noob question. As far as i know there isn't any power switch, so if the board is always plugged in usb that means that it will stay always on? Does libreelec can put it in standby mode and then with the remote control you can wake up the system?
Yes there is a LE version under test that switches OFF/ON all HDMI-CEC connected equiptment via HardKernel's IR remote and puts the C2 into Hibernate. Or you can even program a Harmony remote to emulate that IR remote as well, its in the Harmony database (as a HardKernel C1)

5.1/7.1 FLAC / AAC users will be happy with the latest release.
Looks like kszaq has nutted out the missing parts of AML Audio for LibreELEC Kodi going forward. Smile

(2016-09-08, 21:28)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes there is a LE version under test that switches OFF/ON all HDMI-CEC connected equiptment via HardKernel's IR remote and puts the C2 into Hibernate. Or you can even program a Harmony remote to emulate that IR remote as well, its in the Harmony database (as a HardKernel C1)

Oh, that's a really good news!
I read that OC2 didn't support any suspend/hibernate mode, but you're a most trusted source Wink

So I think I can now order a C2 with the new Hifi board (toslink), and replace my rpi+hifiberry.
Just have to "customize" LE to have both kodi and MPD running, and choose which one is running using different logitech start/stop harmony key.
Be aware there if No support for the HiFi Shield with LibreELEC on the C2 and I doubt there will be in the near future either. HDMI Audio passthrough fails if I implement HardKernels Ubuntu HiFi Shield Kernel modifications.

If you want optical I would suggest getting a HDMI Audio extractor with a S/PDIF port.

@wrxtasy just a litle question :
Are you exclusively working on Odroid C2 LibreElec 7.x Jarvis? Or are you also working on 8.x Krypton?
I don't understand who is releasing 8.x builds Undecided
I believe so, Kwiboo is doing a variation of LE 7.x.x with OpenPHT (Plex) for the C2.

LibreELEC 7.x.x for the C2 missed the cutoff window when the final source code for that specific version was pushed to GitHub and frozen.

LibreELEC 8.0 for the S905 - C2, Hub and Play2 is being supported by a whole bunch of AML LE devs. We are aiming for a common Linux Kernel, with small variations for individual platforms.

LibreELEC is officially releasing LE 8.0 onwards. You will find that version downloaded when using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator tool:
https://libreelec.tv/2016/08/usb-sd-creator/

This is good news wrxtasy!

Will there be a WETEK Hub version of LibrELEC 7.1 with the PCM MCH fix?
Yes I'm testing at the moment, also a LE 7.1 PCM MCH for the Play2 and possibly the Core.

Thanks wrxtasy. Looking forward to it!
Smile
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610