• 48(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
ODROID C2 - 40$
5V/2A Power Supply EU Plug - 5.50$
Black Case - 4.50$
WiFi Module 4 - 14$
IR Remote Controller - 4$

I think I misunderstood regarding WiFi.
I am gonna use an Ethernet cable for the ODROID.
But I would like to have WiFi in the living room, since the router is in another room, Will this WiFi usb dongle broadcast WiFi from the box?
OR do I have to get another router / wifi extender/ wifi booster to do that ?

Also the IR remote is only IR, I guess its not like them "air mouse" , im gonna get the T3 but then that means I cant turn off the "box" with the T3. So basically just using 2 remotes?
I have a mini keyboard and mouse in the living room but its not really comfortable and we wanted to swap it all for just one remote with "air mouse" control like the T3
(2016-10-09, 16:03)Vitalero Wrote: ODROID C2 - 40$
Black Case - 4.50$
WiFi Module 4 - 14$

But I would like to have WiFi in the living room, since the router is in another room, Will this WiFi usb dongle broadcast WiFi from the box?

Also the IR remote is only IR, I guess its not like them "air mouse" , im gonna get the T3 but then that means I cant turn off the "box" with the T3. So basically just using 2 remotes?
I have a mini keyboard and mouse in the living room but its not really comfortable and we wanted to swap it all for just one remote with "air mouse" control like the T3

I would recommend going for a box with 2GB/16GB of memory, if you are only streaming 16GB will be more than you need, 8GB would also be more than enough and you would not need external storage.

I would recommend against a box with 1GB RAM, with your budget there is no reason to go for a box with less than 2GB of RAM. If you go for 1GB might regret doing so later.

I don't know why you are looking at a board and then you have to buy all the extras, power supply + case + cables ethernet and HDMI + SD Card which may double your cost. When you can buy a decent 2GB/16GB that comes in a case with all the extras.

If you don't want to risk the S912 with Android 6.x, go for an S905 with Android 5.x such as the Beelink Mini MX111.

Most if not all of the boxes in your budget will most probably not support what you want to do from one room to another over Wi-Fi, the built in Wi-Fi in the boxes in your budget is normally pretty weak. I'd suggest trying Wi-Fi but be prepared to buy an extender that you can plug into the mains sockets by your router and by your box location then you can connect via Ethernet.
(2016-10-09, 17:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:
Black Case - 4.50$
WiFi Module 4 - 14$

I would recommend going for a box with 2GB/16GB of memory, if you are only streaming 16GB will be more than you need, 8GB would also be more than enough and you would not need external storage.

I would recommend against a box with 1GB RAM, with your budget there is no reason to go for a box with less than 2GB of RAM. If you go for 1GB might regret doing so later.

I don't know why you are looking at a board and then you have to buy all the extras, power supply + case + cables ethernet and HDMI + SD Card which may double your cost. When you can buy a decent 2GB/16GB that comes in a case with all the extras.

If you don't want to risk the S912 with Android 6.x, go for an S905 with Android 5.x such as the Beelink Mini MX111.

Most if not all of the boxes in your budget will most probably not support what you want to do from one room to another over Wi-Fi, the built in Wi-Fi in the boxes in your budget is normally pretty weak. I'd suggest trying Wi-Fi but be prepared to buy an extender that you can plug into the mains sockets by your router and by your box location then you can connect via Ethernet.

Hey Jeffers,
Yeah i am aiming for a 2GB one, I also have a new MicroSD 32GB class 10 that I never used and just sitting waiting in its wrap, also have HDMI cable, ethernet cable. might find a power supply.
Just from reading all the reviews here it sounds like the ready boxes are having issues with audio and not supporting some stuff,, the ODROID C2 will be about 75$ with everything and shipping, a Beelink Mini MXIII 47$ with shipping. I dont mind spending extra 30$ if that means it will get fully supported and plays everything. Also Beelink only supports OpenELEC which is dead by whats were told to me earlier, So that means staying with the android rom that they give which can be buggy. [IF ill get only the ODROID with the black case and the remote its gonna be 60$] I want to have the T3 like on the post you recommended, but that means having 2 remotes, one to shut it down and one to use.

Have you had such a device? Overall im just gonna need Kodi and Youtube thats it. maybe web browsing once in a while, not planning to play games or anything on it, got my Xbox One for that
So go and get wetec. Liebrelec support and Netflix in hd due to support for drm.
(2016-10-09, 18:34)Marszczak Wrote: So go and get wetec. Liebrelec support and Netflix in hd due to support for drm.

WeTek is not in stock, so thats why im in this ODROID thread Smile
Hub is in stock. Just sayin' Smile
I own a odroid c1 and I'm pretty happy with hevc but no 10bit on c1.
Yeah i just dont find why to pay so much for 1GB ram and 1USB post.
What im going to do is order one Beelink and see how it goes, will give it to my parents. and then i will order an Odroid c2 for me, but will do it in a month or two, maybe something new from odriod or Rpi4 will be out, if not will just grab the C2 or the Play2 once it gets in stock.
Isn't the beelink an s912 chip? If so don't bother.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No it's the other one that Jeremy posted with S905 , Will try to put OpenELEC by Alex which ive seen in one of the main threads for beginners
(2016-10-09, 22:25)Vitalero Wrote: Yeah i just dont find why to pay so much for 1GB ram and 1USB post.
What im going to do is order one Beelink and see how it goes, will give it to my parents. and then i will order an Odroid c2 for me, but will do it in a month or two, maybe something new from odriod or Rpi4 will be out, if not will just grab the C2 or the Play2 once it gets in stock.

I have a Beelink MiniMX111 S905 and have no problems with it. Benefit of using Android is that I can integrate Android apps into the menus in my build. In the UK we have a lot of TV catchup android apps which I have included such as iPlayer, ITV Hub etc., I have also included apps such as Ookla speed test.

Will be interesting to see which of your requirements are not met.

I also have a Minix @ 4 times the price of the Beelink and I use my same Kodi build on both with no issues.

I agree with your approach, buy a Beelink as a starter box, use it to get up to speed with Kodi and decide what to do after you have had it for a time.
(2016-10-09, 18:23)Vitalero Wrote:
(2016-10-09, 17:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:
Black Case - 4.50$
WiFi Module 4 - 14$

Hey Jeffers,
Yeah i am aiming for a 2GB one, I also have a new MicroSD 32GB class 10 that I never used and just sitting waiting in its wrap, also have HDMI cable, ethernet cable. might find a power supply.
Just from reading all the reviews here it sounds like the ready boxes are having issues with audio and not supporting some stuff,, the ODROID C2 will be about 75$ with everything and shipping, a Beelink Mini MXIII 47$ with shipping. I dont mind spending extra 30$ if that means it will get fully supported and plays everything. Also Beelink only supports OpenELEC which is dead by whats were told to me earlier, So that means staying with the android rom that they give which can be buggy. [IF ill get only the ODROID with the black case and the remote its gonna be 60$] I want to have the T3 like on the post you recommended, but that means having 2 remotes, one to shut it down and one to use.

Have you had such a device? Overall im just gonna need Kodi and Youtube thats it. maybe web browsing once in a while, not planning to play games or anything on it, got my Xbox One for that

BeeLink does NOT only support OpenElec. It supports LibreElec and there are excellent stable builds available for the S905 boxes (MiniMX, MiniMXv1, MiniMX III ) pop over to the Libre Elec website and check the forum Kszaqs LibreElec build makes budget boxes into fantastic Kodi devices. This why the Beelink MiniMX is so popular. OpenElec seems to be dead, LibreElec is very much alive kszaq and Alex/kerber are 2 of the developers who are producing builds of LibreElec for generic S905 devices.

Also factor in that you have NOT included onbooard EMMC storage in your parts list, a all in one device will give you 8Gb or 16Gb EMMC onboard which is faster than running off SD Card. If you buy the Odroid EMMC module it will cost you another 40 USD + Shipping. If you dont want to use EMMC you will have to purchase a Micro SD card for the ODROID.

It is true that android support is poor from the manufactrers of the china boxes, but if Kodi is your primary usage simply use LibreElec you can even dual boot between both LibreElec and Android. There are also "ported" android firmwares from Tronsmart and Minix that have been modded to work on generic boxes check over at Freaktab.

In short, you can easily save yourself at least 80 dollars if you go head to head spec comparison of an odroid C2 vs a S905 generic box such as a Beelink MiniMX V1. (add EMMC to your quoted spec list, also add a bluetooth module to make the spec match a generic chinna box) Odroid will come in at probably over 120USD + shipping, china box = 40 USD delivered... Depending on your needs and how au feit your are with flashing fimrwares and following instructions... It's a financial no brainer... Figures dont lie...
(2016-10-10, 11:56)gsmtech Wrote: BeeLink does NOT only support OpenElec. It supports LibreElec and there are excellent stable builds available for the S905 boxes (MiniMX, MiniMXv1, MiniMX III ) pop over to the Libre Elec website and check the forum Kszaqs LibreElec build makes budget boxes into fantastic Kodi devices. This why the Beelink MiniMX is so popular. OpenElec seems to be dead, LibreElec is very much alive kszaq and Alex/kerber are 2 of the developers who are producing builds of LibreElec for generic S905 devices.

What will I notice if I use LibreElec on my Beelink MiniMX111, difference between budget box and fantastic Kodi device?
(2016-10-10, 12:04)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 11:56)gsmtech Wrote: BeeLink does NOT only support OpenElec. It supports LibreElec and there are excellent stable builds available for the S905 boxes (MiniMX, MiniMXv1, MiniMX III ) pop over to the Libre Elec website and check the forum Kszaqs LibreElec build makes budget boxes into fantastic Kodi devices. This why the Beelink MiniMX is so popular. OpenElec seems to be dead, LibreElec is very much alive kszaq and Alex/kerber are 2 of the developers who are producing builds of LibreElec for generic S905 devices.

What will I notice if I use LibreElec on my Beelink MiniMX111, difference between budget box and fantastic Kodi device?

You mean if you run LibreElec on both the budget device and the Premium device for Kodi usage ? probably nothing , this is the point... you'll also for budget boxes be able to have 2G RAM instead of 1GB on some "premium" devices useful if you have large libraries and a lot of thumbnails. The kodi experience on android full stop is poor compared to libreElec

It's the android OS where budget devices are badly supported, the manufacturers ship them with poor buggy andrid releases, so if you compared a premium device and a budget device when running android, the premium device will be much betetr because they have fixed issues such as audio passtrough etc etc.

Also some premium devices support Widevine L1 which is needed for HD Netflix... wetek for example.
(2016-10-10, 12:14)gsmtech Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 12:04)Jeffers24 Wrote:

You mean if you run LibreElec on both the budget device and the Premium device for Kodi usage ? probably nothing , this is the point... you'll also for budget boxes be able to have 2G RAM instead of 1GB on some "premium" devices useful if you have large libraries and a lot of thumbnails. The kodi experience on android full stop is poor compared to libreElec

It's the android OS where budget devices are badly supported, the manufacturers ship them with poor buggy andrid releases, so if you compared a premium device and a budget device when running android, the premium device will be much betetr because they have fixed issues such as audio passtrough etc etc.

Also some premium devices support Widevine L1 which is needed for HD Netflix... wetek for example.

Thanks for quick response, I cannot see any difference between what I do on my Beelink and my Minix.

My question was related to my Beelink.

When you say, "The kodi experience on android full stop is poor compared to libreElec", I would like to understand what benefits I would see if I run libreElec on my Beelink?

As you have said I could use an SDCard to make the Beelink dual boot to try out libreElec, if the benefits are attractive enough to me.
Warning here !

If this thread starts turning into an off topic Beelink BUGlink support thread I will close it down.

Either take the conversation to the LibreELEC AMLogic S905 Forum or the already existing Budget AMLogic SXXX Boxes thread please.

The ODROID C2 is an officially supported LibreELEC device. In fact a lot of AMLogic LibreELEC development work is originating from the developers using this very box.
In reality all you really need to purchase if Ethernet connected (recommended), is a C2 board, case and a Class 10 Samsung or Sandisk SD card. A lot of people already have USB chargers and the necessary cables. You can easily custom program you own IR remote control too via Lirc. There is a simple DIY available.

Its all pretty easy to get up and running as well:

1) Download the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator App from HERE
2) Choose Odroid C2 > Local Image File > LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip
3) Choose your mSD card and "Write" it. Eject > Insert into the C2.
3) Make sure you select both SSH and SMB connect options on the setup screens when LE first runs.
4) If needed Update using Oct.tar file from a PC with instructions from HERE
5) Enjoy !

• 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610