• 51(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Just as a point of reference, my C2 plugged into a Marantz Amp (supoprts DTS-HD and TruedHD) gives:

Code:
S2:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_cap
CodingType MaxChannels SamplingFreq SampleSize
PCM, 8 ch, 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz, 16/20/24 bit
AC-3, 6 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz,  bit
DTS, 6 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz,  bit
Dobly_Digital+, 8 ch, 44.1/48 kHz,  bit
DTS-HD, 8 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz, 16 bit
MAT, 8 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz,  bit

And yes that is cut&paste, with Dolby spelt wrong!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ha Ha, I always see you mention "S2" and it confuses everyone reading !

This is my EDID audio data from my TV:

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_cap
CodingType MaxChannels SamplingFreq SampleSize
PCM, 2 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz, 16/20/24 bit
AC-3, 6 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz,  bit
Dobly_Digital+, 8 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz,  bit

That Dobly spelling mistake is all through the Audio code sections of the AML Linux Kernel.
Just like your "(supoprts DTS-HD and TruedHD)" above. Wink

@eric, you really are better off taking this custom EDID issue up with HardKernel in their Linux C2, Sub-forum and asking why the AML Kernel is handshaking like it is. Its beyond the scope of this Kodi forum.

Furthermore any custom mods will not be accepted, at this present point in time, into the AMLogic LibreELEC master code as the S905, Hub, Play2 and C2 now share the same linux-amlogic Kernel with the same Kodi patches.
You would have to do your own LE fork going forward.

Others handle it by using LE on the C2 with a proper TV. I've not seen anyone doing what you want on any LE AMLogic device.

My bad on calling it S2, corrected, dunno where that came from.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,

I tried KODI(/XBMC) a few times (RPi1, RPi2, Intel Atom Box) and was never happy with the performance when it came to using skins with a little bit of eye candy (cover wall etc.). So since you guys are already using the C2: How well does it perform when using cover walls or flicking through the library? Is it snappy? Do Covers load instantly? Is a Class 10 µSD enough or do I need the eMMC for it to perform as good as I want it to (boot time doesn't really matter, snappieness is the point).
I have used RPi 2 and 3 with Kodi and was satisfied but the Odroid is really snappy. I started with an SD card and had planned to get eMMC but am so happy with the way it is working I haven’t bothered. The eMMC card is apparently custom for the Odroid so about the only place you can get it is Hardkernel or one of their distributors. Pricey and a bit of a hassle. Skins and menus are snappy.
I'm still using a Pi 2 for my main box, because I'm still tinkering with the C2. I've run Kodi on the C2 on top of Linux and it absolutely blows the pi away in terms of snappiness. I can only imagine that libreelec would be even more responsive. I kinda hate to dedicate the C2 to only run libreelec, because it seems like a waste of ability. I'm really growing weary of waiting for the program guide to load on the Pi.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
The eMMC card for the C2 is pricey as its a top quality Samsung brand and one of the fastest going around.
Not all eMMC sold in those cheap Android AML devices is equal.

Don't believe me, ask my fellow LibreELEC developer @kszaq who has seen his fair share of AML Android devices. Other fast eMMC flash memory is contained in the WeTek S905 devices and MINIX U1. Thats one of the reasons you pay more.

Currently boot time with eMMC is ~9 seconds. I've now added the ability to LibereELEC on the C2, to increase RAM speed and bump up the CPU clock.
This thing is now very snappy for a pure ARM Kodi device.

I'm running at 1.752GHz, with a slight increase in RAM speed too. At ~ stable 60 degrees C when hardware decoding video.
This C2 has no special power supply (I use on old iPAD1 supply), no fans, no extra Aluminium cooling but the Heatsink HardKernel supply.

All Artwork is virtually instantaneous with eMMC. The EPG has no slowdowns whilst viewing TV, as no GPU compute cycles are robbed to help deinterlace TV streams. Which then slows down drawing the EPG onscreen whilst TV plays in the background on the RPi's.
This is one of the big advantages of dedicated Hardware deinterlacing on AMLogic devices.

Hi All,

Seriously considering an Odroid C2 as successor to my current Nettop (mainly due to HEVC support). I connect to my shares using NFS and am trying to figure out if this will be possible also with the Odroid. Been searching for NFS (and some additional words due to search restrictions) but have not been able to find a post regarding this.

Can I use NFS with the Odroid?

TIA!

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
LE has NFS support, so yes, the hardware makes no difference. just the software

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...unt.sample
(2016-10-18, 20:02)briand095 Wrote: LE has NFS support, so yes, the hardware makes no difference. just the software

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...unt.sample

Just the answer I had been looking for Smile Tx! Ordering an Odroid as we speak Laugh
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Kodi has NFS support. Full stop. Platform does not matter, its built in to kodi.
(2016-10-18, 20:46)nickr Wrote: Kodi has NFS support. Full stop. Platform does not matter, its built in to kodi.
Tx! Odroid is on it's way[emoji1]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Wileyfox Swift met Tapatalk
Looks like I'm going to get one of these c2 badboys.

Rpi3 is fine but the skin snappiness is not on par.

Seeing as this device can run android too is there a way to dualboot librelec and android?

Maybe have one installation on the emmc and other on SD card.

Thanks
No dual boot on the C2 as it has no internal Storage. You need to swap eMMC / SD flash storage and Plugin and reboot.

Once LE on the C2 has a small CPU GHz clock tweak and you up the RAM speed a wee bit, Its an even quicker little beastie. Smile
Not that its slow with eMMC flash storage to begin with.

@wrxtasy could this work in librelec?

Someone made a lxde desktop in osmc and I currently have chromium working on my OSMC raspberry pi 3 using this. It works great for tuning in tvheadend channels without leaving the pi.

I see a lot of rpi people in libreelec forum looking for browser..

More info here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/testing-x11-...ller/16846

Now i dont know if this would work with odroid c2, but with the extra ram and cpu browsing speed should be much better than currently on rpi3.

I know OSMC uses a underlying debian os so may be incompatible with librelec.

Could use it as an optional install if it works.

Thanks
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610