• 55(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
my TV supports 24p but the ubuntu mate version from repo doesn't change from 1080p60 maybe it would be better with libreelec but i need a usable linux os.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
(2016-11-05, 17:10)Oral-B Wrote:
(2016-11-05, 10:59)VictorDUA Wrote: Can you answer please: is the Odroid C2 can play VC-1 in MKV nice and smooth ?
There is link for test (if you need) The Chronicles of Riddick MKV
https://mega.nz/#!aJBCWDrJ!ZIi_2jR10z72V...Vw2gk9VJg4
Thank you.
Jerky and pretty much unwatchable for me, with constant skipped frames... Turning "Adjust display refresh rate" on or off or enabling refresh switching did nothing. No 24p mode on my TV, could that be why?

thats the reason:
Quote:I've been using LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.008 for a few days

If you are using the C2 for home entertainment end not experimenting you should use wrxtasy's LE7.1 builds.
@querty1000, yeah I know 7.90 is still an alpha build. I'm not using 24p files myself anyway, and I'm pretty happy with its usability so far so I'll keep it for now.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
For those that are fans of the Kodi Krypton Skin Estuary but want a pretty much bug free version of Kodi Jarvis to run it on then simply download this .zip and go to Kodi Settings > Addons > Install from .zip

Estuary Skin(Krypton) for Kodi Jarvis

Tested on LE 7.1 Jarvis and also Jarvis on an OSX Mac, should work fine for all Kodi Jarvis versions.

W.

(2016-11-04, 20:51)teefer22 Wrote: Thanks for the input everyone. Oral-B, if you do experiment with the harmony, i'd love to hear what you find. I do like my the chinese IR remote that i've been using for years, but I'm not sure i can put up with the dropped input actions. I would buy a harmony but only if it the input works better than the MCE remote.

I finally had some time to test the Harmony Touch. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any improvement in lag and missed input compared to the MCE remote, even when reducing the input delay to zero in the Touch's settings. As I said before, it's not bad, really, and I've pretty much learned to live with it, but both the MCE remote and the Harmony will occasionally drop inputs and are more laggy overall than my bluetooth keyboard.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Well use a bluetooth remote then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I might do that. Any model you want to recommend?
Hi,

Any hint where to find an ubuntu mate image with krypton?

Nothing wrong with LE, but I really want to dual boot with ubuntu already with krypton Wink
[quote='hoppel118' pid='2446377' dateline='1477745541']
Hello wrxtasy,

yes, all you said is correct and also what I know.

But maybe you can check it if you configure your odroid c2 the following way:

1. Video > Playback > Adjust display refresh rate > On Start / Stop
  2. Video > Playback > Pause during refresh rate change > Off
  3. System > Video output > Resolution > 1920x1080p
  4. System > Video output > Refresh rate > 50.00
  5. System > Video output > Blank other displays > Disabled

So would this be the setting we all should use? I am looking for a "generic" videos settings that I wouldn't have to change. Can I put System > Video output > Resolution > to 2160p and leave it. Sorry this is my first non RPI project and want to get it correct.

Thanks a tonne for all your hard work.
Yes those settings are correct.

If you are viewing 25/50fps OTA TV (UK, Europe, Aust, NZ) most of the time I would leave the Kodi GUI at 1080p50hz to prevent unnecessary resolution switching.

Otherwise just use it at the regular 1080p60hz because what little 2160p content there is will resolution switch the TV into the correct 2160p mode anyway at the start of playback.
Plus I've noticed better 1080p > 2160p Kodi GUI upscaling done by my 4K TV's superior Hardware anyway.

(2016-11-13, 22:39)Oral-B Wrote: I might do that. Any model you want to recommend?
The PS3 Bluray remote works well, and out of the box on libreelec. However you will of course need a usb dongle for the C2.

Personally I use the Harmony Hub, which controls via bluetooth.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-11-13, 14:19)Oral-B Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 20:51)teefer22 Wrote: Thanks for the input everyone. Oral-B, if you do experiment with the harmony, i'd love to hear what you find. I do like my the chinese IR remote that i've been using for years, but I'm not sure i can put up with the dropped input actions. I would buy a harmony but only if it the input works better than the MCE remote.

I finally had some time to test the Harmony Touch. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any improvement in lag and missed input compared to the MCE remote, even when reducing the input delay to zero in the Touch's settings. As I said before, it's not bad, really, and I've pretty much learned to live with it, but both the MCE remote and the Harmony will occasionally drop inputs and are more laggy overall than my bluetooth keyboard.

Huge thanks for the reply. My household has also learned to live with the lag and dropped input.

I actually own this remote:
https://www.amazon.ca/Keenest-Learning-W...ds=keenest

and it can work either by RF with a dongle or IR (every single button on the front is programmable). The way I have it set up is that I have 90% of the buttons working in Kodi as expected, but I had the power button, volume buttons, mute button, and some colored buttons for changing input and channel up/down programmed for the TV. So when you wanted to turn the TV volume up/down you just pressed the volume button and it would adjust the TV volume. So that one remote was all we really needed. Plus if you needed to type something, you could just flip it upside down and had a simple keyboard.

If I set the remote up for RF only on the odroid, it works super fast with no dropped inputs, but when we press volume up/down, it adjusts the Kodi volume rather than the TV volume. So instead we need to grab the original TV remote for power, volume, changing inputs, channel up/down.

So it's a little disappointing that the IR doesn't work as well on the odroid as you would expect, but it's still a good box at a decent price.
I'm going to get an Odroid C2 over the next couple of weeks (hoping there might be a Black Friday deal), and just have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any reason to get an eMMC bigger than the 8gb one if i want to use Libreelec on it.
2. I would like a simple remote, that doesn't use line of sight, and wondered if the Amazon Fire remote will work out of the box (i have a Bluetooth dongle already). If that doesn't work are there any other recommendations.

thanks for any help guys
(2016-11-15, 18:40)kdal Wrote: I'm going to get an Odroid C2 over the next couple of weeks (hoping there might be a Black Friday deal), and just have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any reason to get an eMMC bigger than the 8gb one if i want to use Libreelec on it.
2. I would like a simple remote, that doesn't use line of sight, and wondered if the Amazon Fire remote will work out of the box (i have a Bluetooth dongle already). If that doesn't work are there any other recommendations.

thanks for any help guys

Hi kdal,

You won't be disappointed with the C2 Nod

To answer your questions (as far as I have the answers):

1: You would only need a larger eMMC module if you have an extensive library. My media files are stored on a NAS and I only have to store some jpg/png and nfo files on the eMMC (the database is on the NAS). I have over 5GB space left with a library of some 500+ movies and some 6000+ TV episodes.
2: No idea since I don't have that remote. I use a Harmony that works flawlessly with the IR sensor of the oDroid. Any Harmony will do I guess. I have a "scene" where I can switch the oDroid on and off with the remote by using the tar from wrxtasy.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
(2016-11-15, 17:38)teefer22 Wrote:
(2016-11-13, 14:19)Oral-B Wrote:

Huge thanks for the reply [...]

Just a quick follow-up for anyone interested, especially @teefer22: I finally got the C2 bluetooth module from HardKernel and had a chance to test the Logitech Harmony Elite (which includes the Harmony Hub), and although getting it to talk to the Odroid through bluetooth rather than IR was less than intuitive, I'm pleased to report that it works just as expected — no more lag or dropped input, unlike every IR remote I tried.

Of course the Harmony Hub/Elite is way over-expensive for just Kodi (unless you plan to use all the bells & whistles like I do), but a simple PS3 bluetooth remote should do just as well for a fraction of the price.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610