• 56(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Yeah they are expensive, but very good.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-11-21, 00:54)Oral-B Wrote: Just a quick follow-up for anyone interested, especially @teefer22: I finally got the C2 bluetooth module from HardKernel and had a chance to test the Logitech Harmony Elite (which includes the Harmony Hub), and although getting it to talk to the Odroid through bluetooth rather than IR was less than intuitive, I'm pleased to report that it works just as expected — no more lag or dropped input, unlike every IR remote I tried.
Question was custom tweaking done to the lirc.conf file when using Lirc and a IR remote when running LibreELEC ?
I've setup a number IR remotes now and there is very little lag.

Instructions for Lirc IR setup found HERE

Ordered C2 with 16GB emmc, case and remote last week, can't wait!
Quick questions:
- would the emmc with included emmc to micro-sd adapter then to micro-sd to sd adapter readable by a laptop's sd card reader?
- remote should work straight out of the box right?
- any other skin work flawlessly? only ever used Aeon MQ7

Thanks
(2016-11-21, 09:42)s.lee Wrote: - would the emmc with included emmc to micro-sd adapter then to micro-sd to sd adapter readable by a laptop's sd card reader?
Yes that's the same setup I use when flashing eMMC on my iMac.

Quote:- remote should work straight out of the box right?
Yes the C2 remote will work out of the gate. You can program Harmony remote's as well using the HardKernel C1 config and also MCE ones will work.

Quote:- any other skin work flawlessly? only ever used Aeon MQ7
Just installed v14.0 Aeon MQ7 and its all pretty snappy with eMMC and Kodi Jarvis.
Some nice bling with this Skin - Animated Movie covers as well Smile

(2016-11-21, 11:28)wrxtasy Wrote:
and also MCE ones will work.

MCE remote is work out of box with C2 IR Receiver?
(2016-11-21, 12:34)VictorDUA Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 11:28)wrxtasy Wrote:
and also MCE ones will work.

MCE remote is work out of box with C2 IR Receiver?
Yup! No probs[emoji1]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Wileyfox Swift met Tapatalk
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
(2016-11-21, 06:38)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 00:54)Oral-B Wrote: Just a quick follow-up for anyone interested, especially @teefer22: I finally got the C2 bluetooth module from HardKernel and had a chance to test the Logitech Harmony Elite (which includes the Harmony Hub), and although getting it to talk to the Odroid through bluetooth rather than IR was less than intuitive, I'm pleased to report that it works just as expected — no more lag or dropped input, unlike every IR remote I tried.
Question was custom tweaking done to the lirc.conf file when using Lirc and a IR remote when running LibreELEC ?
I only had to
Code:
cp /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.rpi /storage/.config/lircd.conf
then reboot, and that was it. No further tweaking.

Quote:I've setup a number IR remotes now and there is very little lag.
As I said before, the lag is not huge, but it's definitely noticeable and will cause dropped input in some cases. With bluetooth, the lag is zero, and I have yet to see a single dropped input.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
I'm planning to buy the C2 to be used with LE Krypton. I have a Turtle Beach Micro II USB audio adapter that worked on Pi3. Will this USB device work on C2?
(2016-11-21, 12:57)Oral-B Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 06:38)wrxtasy Wrote:
I only had to
Code:
cp /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.rpi /storage/.config/lircd.conf
then reboot, and that was it. No further tweaking.

Quote:I've setup a number IR remotes now and there is very little lag.
As I said before, the lag is not huge, but it's definitely noticeable and will cause dropped input in some cases. With bluetooth, the lag is zero, and I have yet to see a single dropped input.

Thanks for the post Oral-B. I agree, the lag is very minimal, it's those dropped input's that bother me. I'm currently still using my remote in IR mode, but I'm thinking of changing to RF mode with the dongle which gets rid of the lag and dropped input (because the c2 then sees the remote as a keyboard).
(2016-11-21, 12:57)Oral-B Wrote: As I said before, the lag is not huge, but it's definitely noticeable and will cause dropped input in some cases. With bluetooth, the lag is zero, and I have yet to see a single dropped input.
This lag with Harmony... I have the same issue and I've googled so many times about this and many complain about it. I don't know why this is, but my old Harmony 555 had the same delay as my Harmony 900. I press the button and it sends the signal about 300ms later but fortunately I don't have any dropped presses, they just come later. That means: Browsing the library I press the down button 5 times and then I wait 2 seconds till the navigation is finished 5 lines lower. When you turn on your smartphones camera you'll see - pointing it on the Harmony's IR emitter - how the signals get emitted way later than your actual keypresses. I read in some forums that the harmonys are mostly not fast enough in encoding the signals. Others claim they don't notice any speed difference compared to their original IR-Remotes. But when I compare this smartphone camera visualization of IR signals between harmony and my TV's remote, or my AVR's remote, then I see a huge difference.
(2016-11-22, 16:07)sivaptw Wrote: I'm planning to buy the C2 to be used with LE Krypton. I have a Turtle Beach Micro II USB audio adapter that worked on Pi3. Will this USB device work on C2?
Unable to answer. The AMLogic modded v3.10.xx Linux Kernel does not have the comprehensive support for external USB peripherals like USB Audio adapters and USB DAC's compared to the RPi's and Intel Boxes.

Be aware LE Kodi Krypton on all AMLogic devices has major Video frame, display timing changes under the hood. At the moment 23.976fps Video Sync and playback is not as good on All AML LE platforms compared to LE Kodi Jarvis.
Android Kodi Krypton actually displays smoother video playback on AMLogic at the moment if you get a platform with decent Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware.

This is a shame. I bought mine partly as an experiment, but really in the hope that it would be a 'way forward'. I am impressed with it on LE with Jarvis.

Are the Krypton problems likely to be resolved? I hope so.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I wish people would get off the Jarvis bus and onto the Krypton one. The code has changed so much that any work done towards Javis would be wasted as it most likely won't work for Krypton.

Overall the Krypton experience on aarch64 platforms is "good" there is some room for improvement but this can only happen if people test and adjust the new code base.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Yes agreed. Krypton is still in Beta pre-release bug testing after all so we cannot expect a final product like Jarvis just yet.

(2016-11-23, 04:10)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 16:07)sivaptw Wrote: I'm planning to buy the C2 to be used with LE Krypton. I have a Turtle Beach Micro II USB audio adapter that worked on Pi3. Will this USB device work on C2?
Unable to answer. The AMLogic modded v3.10.xx Linux Kernel does not have the comprehensive support for external USB peripherals like USB Audio adapters and USB DAC's compared to the RPi's and Intel Boxes.

Be aware LE Kodi Krypton on all AMLogic devices has major Video frame, display timing changes under the hood. At the moment 23.976fps Video Sync and playback is not as good on All AML LE platforms compared to LE Kodi Jarvis.
Android Kodi Krypton actually displays smoother video playback on AMLogic at the moment if you get a platform with decent Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware.
How do I check the version of Linux kernel on my various types of hardware running Kodi?
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610