• 61(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Ubuntu video demo
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Hello.

Do recent Kodi/LibreELEC-versions still have buggy hardware-decoding of MPEG2-streams from VOB-files on the Odroid-C2 (or AMLogic-chips in general)?
I searched for this topic and only found messages from almost a year ago, so I though maybe it was fixed in the meantime.
(2016-12-19, 13:03)schwurbel_ Wrote: Hello.

Do recent Kodi/LibreELEC-versions still have buggy hardware-decoding of MPEG2-streams from VOB-files on the Odroid-C2 (or AMLogic-chips in general)?
I searched for this topic and only found messages from almost a year ago, so I though maybe it was fixed in the meantime.

Since I configured some buffers in the advancedsettings.xml I don't have any errors with mpeg2-streams in an mkv. I only use jarvis, didn't test it with krypton. And I can only say this for the odroid c2.

Greetings hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi

Regular AML, Android Kodi yes there are issues.
SPMC partly fixes the issue with YADIF half motion DeInterlacing.

I personally fixed the DVD .vob combo with LE Kodi Jarvis so you get full motion, high quality YADIFx2 deinterlacing by default. Works well, even for 480/576i TV Smile
AML LE Krypton also gives you YADIFx2, it's called simply Deinterlace with that version.

Hi, it is quite misleading that the c2 price on thread says 40$, but in the end when you buy the necessity hardware components which you need to make C2 functional, then the price comes upto 110$ including shipping..... So it would be genuine and helpful if the mod edits the price of C2 as 40$ on thread heading.

Thanks
(2016-12-19, 15:00)wrxtasy Wrote:

Regular AML, Android Kodi yes there are issues.
SPMC partly fixes the issue with YADIF half motion DeInterlacing.

I personally fixed the DVD .vob combo with LE Kodi Jarvis so you get full motion, high quality YADIFx2 deinterlacing by default. Works well, even for 480/576i TV Smile
AML LE Krypton also gives you YADIFx2, it's called simply Deinterlace with that version.
I thought that SPMC has YADIFx2
(2016-12-21, 02:16)plikmuny Wrote: Hi, it is quite misleading that the c2 price on thread says 40$, but in the end when you buy the necessity hardware components which you need to make C2 functional, then the price comes upto 110$ including shipping
All you need is the board. Everyone has an microsd card laying around. You can control everything from the free iOS/Android apps. With common extras of a power supply and case the total is $65 shipped (from Ameridroid).
I don't think it's any more misleading than the way the raspberry pi, Arduino or other dev boards are marketed. It can be powered through the micro USB port and 2A chargers are getting pretty common these days. A case isn't a necessity either, but I'd still expect to buy one. Many TV boxes don't include an HDMI cable, so it seems reasonable enough for the OP to just quote the board price since that's how it's done with competing devices.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
If post #1 was an advertisement from a vendor offering a functioning media player for $40, it would be misleading. As it is, it's a post on an enthusiasts' board, and it's merely factual. So I don't think many people would be misled. I kind of agree though that these things really aren't as cheap as they might appear at first glance.
(2016-12-21, 02:33)99rook99 Wrote: I thought that SPMC has YADIFx2
I thought that too. I believe Koying has taken SPMC down the conservative route and implemented half motion deinterlacing as a default settings due to issues with the FireTV's. Watching 576i OTA TV with fast motion football show this up immediately. You can still select YADIFx2 manually and Set as Default.

I have Odroid C2 905 with 5.1.1 Lollipop. There is a new version called Marshmallow. What is the difference and is it good to upgrade to the new version? Thank you for any advice.
Don't think anyone is using Android here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I played with Android on mine a little bit. It ran Kodi AND Netflix. I didn't try marshmallow on it. It's too bad that the DRM powers that be won't allow you to stream full HD from Netflix. FUD trumps technology every time.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
hi happy holidays to everyone - i am enjoying my free days with a new toy the odroid-c2 Big Grin so i installed the latest wrxtasy build "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.1.Dec.Fixed.img.gz" and configured it all but my c2 is not snappy at all - whenever i send a command via remote or mouse there are a few seconds before i can see a reaction from the c2 - and that with the confluence skin - is that normal ? that would be really disappointing as thats not much better as my old raspberry 1

hope i did something wrong Wink are there some special settings to get it react as snappy as described ?
(2016-12-24, 18:28)ilovebytes Wrote: hi happy holidays to everyone - i am enjoying my free days with a new toy the odroid-c2 Big Grin so i installed the latest wrxtasy build "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.1.Dec.Fixed.img.gz" and configured it all but my c2 is not snappy at all - whenever i send a command via remote or mouse there are a few seconds before i can see a reaction from the c2 - and that with the confluence skin - is that normal ? that would be really disappointing as thats not much better as my old raspberry 1

hope i did something wrong Wink are there some special settings to get it react as snappy as described ?

That's not normal. I'm running an older version on my C2 and everything is pretty snappy. You aren't scraping or similar in the background are you?

Are you using eMMC or a uSD card? Have you tried a different model of uSD card if the latter, in case that's the issue? (Though I think LibreElec isn't too heavy on disk IO)
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610