• 64(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-12-28, 15:37)ilovebytes Wrote: hi thanks for your results so i can check with mine - i got a kingston

hdparm -t /dev/mmcblk0p2:
Timing buffered disk reads: 62 MB in 3.05 seconds = 20.35 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 62 MB in 3.03 seconds = 20.45 MB/sec

hdparm -T /dev/mmcblk0p2:
Timing cached reads: 1338 MB in 2.00 seconds = 669.08 MB/sec
Timing cached reads: 1254 MB in 2.00 seconds = 626.27 MB/sec

and the dd test:
10240+0 records in
10240+0 records out
83886080 bytes (80.0MB) copied, 0.426000 seconds, 187.8MB/s

i don't think thats so bad - and not significantly slower then your sandisk so i still don't know if that explains why my c2 is not responsive at all Sad

well could it be my c2 got a hardwareproblem itself - that causes such unresponsivness ? the temperatures don't go over 59°C

Aren't those tests sequential rather than random?
hmm so what test to use to check random speeds of the used card ?

for speeds without cache i get this :

hdparm -Tt --direct /dev/mmcblk0p2:

Timing O_DIRECT cached reads: 42 MB in 2.07 seconds = 20.32 MB/sec
Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 62 MB in 3.07 seconds = 20.18 MB/sec
(2016-12-28, 07:10)nickr Wrote: The 16GB is certainly large enough and fast enough!

(2016-12-28, 07:33)wrxtasy Wrote: In reality most LibreELEC users is not writing large sized files to eMMC all the time. Kodi Artwork and thumbnails are Not massive multi MB files.

Fast Random 4K Read speed is the most important and for that even 8GB eMMC is more than adequate.
Well, my biggest reason to potentially get a C2 to replace my rPi 3 is the sluggishness of the rPi 3 compared to the Chromebox and other Intel Haswell based solutions in booting and navigating the UI. If I'm going to replace the hardware for more speed I'm going all the way, not half steps. I'd pay the extra $20 to maximize the performance. I don't want a fan. Otherwise I have an Intel Haswell box I could use.

However, it looks like trying to use the C2 in my setup is going to be a typical Linux headache. Nothing ever just works. Confused I'm not sure if I want to open Pandora's box (again) and get forced way too deep into the underpinnings of Linux in order to make it work.
I'm running the latest version 7.1.1 on my odroid C2. It's almost perfect, except that I can't disable IR input. I use CEC control with my Sony TV, and do not want to use IR of Odroid C2. However, I can't find how to disable IR, and in most cases the ordoid receives both the CEC signal and the IR signal at the same time. It's annoying. Could anyone tell me how to solve it?

I searched the odroid forum and it seems that there is a toggle switch to turn off the LIRC? I could not find the toggle in Libreelec settings, and I don't know if it works either.

Thanks in advance.
Try to blackllist module responsible for IR.
pX
(2017-01-02, 13:55)digital21cn Wrote: I'm running the latest version 7.1.1 on my odroid C2. It's almost perfect, except that I can't disable IR input. I use CEC control with my Sony TV, and do not want to use IR of Odroid C2. However, I can't find how to disable IR, and in most cases the ordoid receives both the CEC signal and the IR signal at the same time. It's annoying. Could anyone tell me how to solve it?

I searched the odroid forum and it seems that there is a toggle switch to turn off the LIRC? I could not find the toggle in Libreelec settings, and I don't know if it works either.

Thanks in advance.

I have found the option by switching back to the Confluence skin. Can look up exactly where to find it if you can't.
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
(2016-12-28, 16:43)Stereodude Wrote: Well, my biggest reason to potentially get a C2 to replace my rPi 3 is the sluggishness of the rPi 3 compared to the Chromebox and other Intel Haswell based solutions in booting and navigating the UI. If I'm going to replace the hardware for more speed I'm going all the way, not half steps. I'd pay the extra $20 to maximize the performance. I don't want a fan. Otherwise I have an Intel Haswell box I could use.

However, it looks like trying to use the C2 in my setup is going to be a typical Linux headache. Nothing ever just works. Confused I'm not sure if I want to open Pandora's box (again) and get forced way too deep into the underpinnings of Linux in order to make it work.

I switched from a NetTop to the odroid C2 for better support and quality HEVC playback. I too had worries about the responsiveness of the C2 but the C2 is extremely fast (in combination with the 8GB eMMC). Installation was very simple. I used the builds wrxtasy so kindly provides and didn't have to tinker with the underlying OS (unfortunately Tongue Tongue ).

So if you don't have "exotic" media files or high end sound setups and just want to enjoy your media the C2 is the cheapest en simplest solution. Get one! Big Grin
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
(2017-01-03, 08:26)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 13:55)digital21cn Wrote: I'm running the latest version 7.1.1 on my odroid C2. It's almost perfect, except that I can't disable IR input. I use CEC control with my Sony TV, and do not want to use IR of Odroid C2. However, I can't find how to disable IR, and in most cases the ordoid receives both the CEC signal and the IR signal at the same time. It's annoying. Could anyone tell me how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

I have found the option by switching back to the Confluence skin. Can look up exactly where to find it if you can't.

I still could not find it. could you please let me know where it is? Thanks again. I looked at system-libreelec-services and can't find any lirc related options.
(2017-01-03, 15:33)digital21cn Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 08:26)_J@n_ Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I still could not find it. could you please let me know where it is? Thanks again. I looked at system-libreelec-services and can't find any lirc related options.

2 Settings in Kodi for CEC

These instructions work for other LibCEC compatible HDMI-CEC controller and adapters, such as the Pulse-Eight USB CEC Adapter or the HDMI-CEC controller built-into the Raspberry Pi.

Settings for your CEC devices can be found in:

System -> Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter

CEC uses the remote.xml keymap, so using that XML file will allow you to customize most buttons.

You can also use the debug log to see what the buttons are named for that keymap file. See keymap for more information.

http://kodi.wiki/view/CEC
Hi Guys,

I use LE 7.1.1 and a Samsung UE46F6500. I cant change the color range correction while the odroid is set as input. The picture seems to be to dark. Which signal is the odroid sending?! 0-255 or 16-235?! Is there a way to switch the color range?

Thanks for your work. Beside this quest the odroid is running well with your 7.1.1

Thanks and regards,
Michael

Additional question: are all the features of 7.1.1 like
4k 10bit decoding
HD audio passthrough
Multichannel pcm
not working on le 7.9 alpha 10?!
I was playing with my sisters Sony TV and the C2 last week. In the Sony TV's - Bravia Sync - settings I had to reselect "Normal" otherwise I would get double inputs. Volume control for example would increase in LE on the C2 as well as the TV itself simultaneously.

(2017-01-03, 19:35)flyingernst Wrote: Hi Guys,

I use LE 7.1.1 and a Samsung UE46F6500. I cant change the color range correction while the odroid is set as input. The picture seems to be to dark. Which signal is the odroid sending?! 0-255 or 16-235?! Is there a way to switch the color range?

Thanks for your work. Beside this quest the odroid is running well with your 7.1.1
You can only switch from AML standard YCbCr to a RGB colorspace, and that change happens immediately. See the instructions in the Link in my Signature for that.

Quote:Additional question: are all the features of 7.1.1 like
4k 10bit decoding
HD audio passthrough
Multichannel PCM
not working on le 7.9 alpha 10?!
I'm not up to full speed with Kodi Krypton yet, due to holidays. The LE dev. Raybutnu would have more info over in the HardKernel - LE subforum.

How about shutting down C2, is it just ok "pull the plug", or does eMMC get corrupted that way? I've connected my C2 on master-slave extension-cord which cuts power when I shut my AVR.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2017-01-02, 16:34)pajretX Wrote: Try to blackllist module responsible for IR.

Could you please explain further? how to blacklist the module? thanks.
(2017-01-03, 15:57)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 15:33)digital21cn Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 08:26)_J@n_ Wrote: I have found the option by switching back to the Confluence skin. Can look up exactly where to find it if you can't.

2 Settings in Kodi for CEC

These instructions work for other LibCEC compatible HDMI-CEC controller and adapters, such as the Pulse-Eight USB CEC Adapter or the HDMI-CEC controller built-into the Raspberry Pi.

Settings for your CEC devices can be found in:

System -> Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter

CEC uses the remote.xml keymap, so using that XML file will allow you to customize most buttons.

You can also use the debug log to see what the buttons are named for that keymap file. See keymap for more information.

http://kodi.wiki/view/CEC

Actually, I want to disable IR input, not the CEC input. I can;t find how to disable IR input.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610