• 76(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Hi there!
I've gone through some posts here and there and cannot seem to find anyone with an ODROID-C2 behaving like mine.
The problem is with all the Krypton builds out there. The voice is out of sync by about 0,3 second on any file I tried to play from a USB connected hard drive (mostly x264 1080p) apart of HEVC content. I tried changing various settings with no joy. The only way to have it properly playing the files is to speed up the audio by +0.3 second. Which is problematic when playing videos from let's say YouTube, because I have to disable the +0,3 second adjustment for the streams to play them correctly as they are played fine without any tweaking.

The above problem is not present with the Jarvis builds (I'm currently at 7.1.2 by wrxtasy) with all the same settings selected. The audio is always in sync.

ODROID-C2 is connected straight to my TV set with an HDMI cable.

Does anyone else have a similar setup and encounter the above issue?

BR,
pX
Yes I have noticed this as well now you mention it with RB's Beta Kodi Krypton. I have to set a .250ms speedup with Krypton using a straight HDMI connection to my TV, never had to do that before for 7.1.x Kodi Jarvis. Forgot about it till you brought it up.

There are audio changes in LE Beta Kodi Krypton and the AML Kernel that I'm going to revert and get another test version released, so Audio wise is will be the same as Jarvis. This will also stop those random little Audio clicks that can sometimes be heard with the Beta version of Krypton.

Thank God there's someone out there with the same issue. I thought I was going mental being the only person noticing this Wink
I am looking forward to test your release. Would that change also fix a few second gap of silence while skipping a few minutes into the movie?

BR,
pX
I think I have an old patch for that I will throw in as well. Smile

I know I am pushing it.. But can you also compile in hexdump so the ram overclocking script throws no errors at us? Wink

BR,
pX
(2017-01-30, 22:18)MediaPi Wrote: I'm pretty sure Kodi usage was the primary driver driving Raspberry Pi sales, but you can continue with your belief if you want.

We have sold more than 11M Raspberry Pi's. I'd estimate Kodi usage at about 1M, so Kodi is hardly the primary driver.
I think you'll find education and hobbyist sectors are much more significant.

Kodi usage is significant enough that we are able to directly support it, but the Pi would still be here without Kodi.
(2017-01-31, 12:23)pajretX Wrote: The problem is with all the Krypton builds out there. The voice is out of sync by about 0,3 second on any file I tried to play

I noticed this last night too, I was putting it down to being too tired but it would make sense!

Are we better to be using your Jarvis builds wrxtasy?
(2017-01-30, 22:18)MediaPi Wrote: I'm pretty sure Kodi usage was the primary driver driving Raspberry Pi sales, but you can continue with your belief if you want.
Well, your belief has been proven wrong, but feel free to put your aluminum deflector beanie back on and keep tilting against the windmills.
(2017-01-31, 17:40)Stereodude Wrote:
Well, your belief has been proven wrong, but feel free to put your aluminum deflector beanie back on and keep tilting against the windmills.
you Guys want to argue about Raspberry sales, go find a its thread and argue there please.. this is the Odroid C2 thread, thank you Tongue
(2017-01-30, 10:16)wrxtasy Wrote: Time to go looking for a decently priced 2017 3D TV then from a Major Manufacturer...what where have they all gone ? - the way of the dinosaur !

I hope you are watching 3D with a projector screen- because in reality that is the only way to view 3D properly for the full immersion effect. Any other viewing method is just playing with Tonka Toys otherwise.

The word Niche sums up 3D succinctly in 2017 Wink

I need to add more detail for another limitation with the RPi's:
- shared USB2 / 100M Ethernet bus with 11MB/s bandwidth limitations. Not so good for a File Server / Mini NAS.
Although I don't understand why you constantly repeat that no new 3D TV's are going to be introduced, it is a fact that the source material exists and the lack of 3D in 2017 TVs will not travel back in time and extinguish the existence of past 3D Blurays. There are still a lot of 3D blu rays (in fact I guess more than 50% of blockbuster movies 2013-2017) were and are being produced in 3D and were also released as 3D blu rays. I can understand if somebody prefers 2D versions of the movies for various reasons.

But I do not see any developer or anybody complain about XviD being dead and saying that this is the reason for not implementing a working/smooth XviD decoder. It rather seems (gladly) that even XviD, mpeg2 compatibility etc. is self-understanding when trying to provide a community build, which has the aim to be fully functioning. And nobody complains about it, and why should anybody? It is good when everything is working as good as possible.
Because everybody wants to play all the files on his newly bought device (e.g. Odroid C2), like he was used playing it on his old one (e.g. Raspberry Pi).

The thing is simply that many of us have 3D material. And nobody forces anybody to watch anything in 3D. Still there seems to be some kind of aversion if somebody asks for whether it is working or not. It was working once on almost all devices (and on C2 as well) and although no 4K 3D movies can be bought, there is still a lot of stuff out there.

It would just be cool to get a response like "hey, low priority, but I'll look into it, as almost every single video format is working except this yet", instead of "it's dead, there was never such thing as 3D blu rays or so and anyway... it does not make sense in my eyes" (obviously exaggeration) :/.

For me in personal, it would be enough if simply autoswitching the TV into 3D mode would be working somehow. I don't like 3D with active shutter either, but on passive TV's it's very enjoyable, even with a 42" TV.

Don't get me wrong wrxtasy, I'm not angry about this topic or so. I really love what you've made with our C2. It is just the thing that I think anybody has different preferences... some like 3D (and not only on projectors) and some not, but the lack of devices does not mean that the already bought Blu Rays are worthless...I like them and apparently I'm not the only one.
Just to be clear...and squash any 3D AMLogic hopes in the process... Wink

Full 1080p 3D (MVC) has never worked on AMLogic devices. The best you could get was Half Resolution 3D, unless I've been given the wrong feedback. Purchasers of ODROID C2's or any AMlogic devices should have known about this for a long time now. Its even written down in Post#2 of this very thread.

AMLogic themselves are not interested in 3D. No AML LE developer is interested any longer either. Most of us devs. do not even have 3D display hardware and will not be buying any new, non-existant 3D hardware either to support the format. 3D really is dead on AMLogic Hardware period.

I will state - there will be NO 3D MVC ISO support whatsoever for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on any AMLogic devices. And very likely no support going further forward either. The underlying Kodi code has simply changed too much.

Users need to buy/keep using a RPi3 or some other platform if they want Niche - 1080p 3D MVC ISO support otherwise yes all those special 3D Blurays users have purchased are worthless as a format to watch in 1080p 3D on AMLogic hardware.

All these 3D Android devices you see on the Kodi forums are very narrow focus specific niche products. The Sellers have to support 3D MVC to try and distinguish themselves from the Android pack. These types of devices:
- get no 1080p/4K Netflix / Amazon / VUDU.
- No Google Android TV OS Licence.
- Do not distribute code to Kodi for mainstream 3D MVC support.
- Have no ability to even run LibreELEC Kodi.

So they have to do something special, even if the overall 3D media player market is small and shrinking.

(2017-02-01, 03:16)wrxtasy Wrote: All these 3D Android devices you see on the Kodi forums are very narrow focus specific niche products. The Sellers have to support 3D MVC to try and distinguish themselves from the Android pack. These types of devices:
- get no 1080p/4K Netflix / Amazon / VUDU.
- No Google Android TV OS Licence.
- Do not distribute code to Kodi for mainstream 3D MVC support.
- Have no ability to even run LibreELEC Kodi.

The only real options for Full HD 3D and Netflix/Amazon in Full HD (and probably now 4K) are Windows boxes I guess...

If you don't need DRM-ed services like Netflix/Amazon - then a Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreElec makes sense.
(2017-02-01, 03:16)wrxtasy Wrote: Just to be clear...and squash any 3D AMLogic hopes in the process... Wink

Full 1080p 3D (MVC) has never worked on AMLogic devices. The best you could get was Half Resolution 3D, unless I've been given the wrong feedback. Purchasers of ODROID C2's or any AMlogic devices should have known about this for a long time now. Its even written down in Post#2 of this very thread.
That is quite clear and I was not talking about MCV in general. Actually... I did not know about MVC until half a year ago, and my encodes are simple "Half Top Botton non MVC" for my passive 3D TV, so that I was able to play them on my older WD TV HD media box some years ago. Speaking for myself, I would be totally fine if the odroid would get back the TV 3D autoswitch function in krypton.
But that is actually not the reason for my last post. It was rather your argumentation about this topic, which does not make that much sense (referring to 3D is dead), as you could put this argument on any feature, which is not up-to-date and still odroid supports every common formats (also every niche sound format and video format) apart from basic 3D stuff.

Besides this... there is clearly no need that you defend your position against 3D. everybody is aware that it is kind of niche, as everybody sees that only a few devices are capable to "somehow" handle it. Nobody demands anything and especially no miracles Wink. But also everybody who would like to see this, wants to express this in the community, because otherwise there could be no progress or innovation and completion of full-feature-set, if nobody mentions anything.
As an example: I doubt that any kodi developer would work on implementing DTS-HD and TrueHD capability if it wasn't the community who asked for it. As far as I know you mentioned a few times that you do not own an AV-Receiver capable of decoding these passthroughs and still you implemented it into your builds and made a lot of us very happy with it Smile.

(2017-02-01, 03:16)wrxtasy Wrote: I will state - there will be NO 3D MVC ISO support whatsoever for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on any AMLogic devices. And very likely no support going further forward either. The underlying Kodi code has simply changed too much.
Still I'd like to ask for perhaps some kind of looking into koyings code, which made the autoswitch of TV into 3D mode possible (no MVC related) in your Jarvis community builds. This was kind of very nice to have because it made a huge impact on usability, as the TV jumps into correct 3D mode upon start of the movie. The feature is integrated in kodi (but not working):
  • Settings --> Player --> Videos --> "Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos"
    • Ask me
    • ignore
    • Monoscopic / 2D
    • Preferred mode
If set to preferred mode, then on raspberries (for all TV's) and on Odroid C2 (tested on Sony Android TV), LibreELEC would autoswitch the TV into the correct 3D mode.
The impact on usability with this feature working : No hassle needed with seeing how kodi splits its OSD into 2 parts showing H-OU or H-SBS OSD, then you're forced to pick the TVs remote and choose in TVs OSD the correct 3D mode manually, which has then to match kodi's OSD. This is simply not so user friendly and not girlfriend friendly Laugh

On jarvis you patched something that made the TV at least autoswitch with confirming the "Ask me" question. So you'd not be forced to use the TV OSD and its remote. As I said, that has nothing to do with MVC. There seems to be a cut in the interface between TV and Odroid, which lead the 3D triggering command into nowhere.

(2017-02-01, 12:42)noggin Wrote: The only real options for Full HD 3D and Netflix/Amazon in Full HD (and probably now 4K) are Windows boxes I guess...

If you don't need DRM-ed services like Netflix/Amazon - then a Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreElec makes sense.
Yep, wrxtasy has listed the disadvantages of the Raspberry Pi 3, which are the lack of Gbit LAN, H.265, 4K, HD-Audio etc. Personally, the 3D feature is something, which is less important than all the other things... I'd just like to see the compromise that it simply tells my TV that a 3D file is played, as the Kodi GUI goes into 3D, but the TV does not notice it, and this is like ugly to see on such a great Media Center plattform... looks like unfinished and unpolished diamond Big Grin
(2017-02-01, 13:26)infinity85 Wrote: ... I'd just like to see the compromise that it simply tells my TV that a 3D file is played, as the Kodi GUI goes into 3D, but the does not notice it, and this is like ugly to see on such a great Media Center platform... looks like unfinished and unpolished diamond Big Grin
Thanks for the detail mate..I can have a look, because I've been squashing patches for a final tidyup of LE 7.1.2 Jarvis and know the 3D Autoswitch patch involved, that being this one

It all depends if if can get that patched into Krypton...I will have a look... Wink

(2017-02-01, 13:37)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 13:26)infinity85 Wrote: ... I'd just like to see the compromise that it simply tells my TV that a 3D file is played, as the Kodi GUI goes into 3D, but the does not notice it, and this is like ugly to see on such a great Media Center platform... looks like unfinished and unpolished diamond Big Grin
Thanks for the detail mate..I can have a look, because I've been squashing patches for a final tidyup of LE 7.1.2 Jarvis and know the 3D Autoswitch patch involved, that being this one

It all depends if if can get that patched into Krypton...I will have a look... Wink
Thanks a lot, that's all I could ask for! Blush
If there's a chance to get this working, I'd be totally in love with my C2 Big Grin

EDIT
To get things straight: You are not working on an own krypton community build, right? You're now contributing directly to the official code, which implies that Raybuntus images benefit directly?
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610