• 78(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-02-02, 16:00)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 11:57)ArieS Wrote: Am I the only one with micro stutters on most videos that I watch?
Is there a log that I can provide that would actually show them?

On another note, please don't include 3D in the main branch. The reason I want to use the C2 is to be able to watch my 3D movies in 2D when I don't feel like putting glasses on.
That's why I have my NUC, for 3D viewing.
I don't understand?... Just disable the 3D autoswitch in Kodi settings and it will never jump into 3D or prompt for it. In fact you can set it simply to 2D as default.
I must have missed this option because the 3D movies start in 3D and last time I was watching Star Trek Beyond the 3D was so bad IMO that halfway thru the movie I decided to switch it to 2D. I used the OSD for it but it became even worse. It looked like a soap opera or a LCD TV (not cinema-like) and on top of that my PJ was still in High Mode Lamp even though it was 2D... erm.
Oh and I'm pretty sure that since then, when I try to watch a 3D movie on my Plasma (2D only) I only get a black screen with the audio of the movie.
While I used to be able to just tell the Kodi pop-up to play it in 2D. Now only a black screen...
Not sure if it's something that was changed in one of afechin's version (few builds back) or if I messed up something Huh
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2017-02-03, 12:09)ArieS Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 13:18)wrxtasy Wrote: I have not noticed widespread stutters on video playback when I've been using the 32bit Krypton releases or Jarvis either for that matter.

I take it Kodi dynamic refresh switching is enabled ?
Are you talking about Adjust refresh rate to display?
If yes then yeah, it's enabled.
Did you set it to "On start / stop" and left "sync playback to display = disabled"? This is the way it should be best. The TV will then do a flash/black screen for some seconds during switching to the correct refresh rate. On most tv's there is then a menu or info button, where you can see the actual refresh rate of the TV (as a cross check). I haven't had any stutter issues since summer on jarvis. And none on raybuntus 32bit Krypton since the beginning of the year, if not even earlier. As war as I remember even the official alpha builds were stutter free mostly.

Perhaps there is an issue with an AVR or Cable?

(2017-02-03, 12:17)ArieS Wrote: I must have missed this option because the 3D movies start in 3D and last time I was watching Star Trek Beyond the 3D was so bad IMO that halfway thru the movie I decided to switch it to 2D. I used the OSD for it but it became even worse. It looked like a soap opera or a LCD TV (not cinema-like) and on top of that my PJ was still in High Mode Lamp even though it was 2D... erm.
Oh and I'm pretty sure that since then, when I try to watch a 3D movie on my Plasma (2D only) I only get a black screen with the audio of the movie.
While I used to be able to just tell the Kodi pop-up to play it in 2D. Now only a black screen...
Not sure if it's something that was changed in one of afechin's version (few builds back) or if I messed up something Huh
I don't even know which version you are referring to with "afechin's version". Didn't even know he made Odroid C2 community builds as well. Could you be so kind and post the link to his build or better the thread?

Besides this: The default setting in Kodi for 3D is set to "ask" (Kodi Settings --> Player --> Videos --> Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos = ask". With this setting you projector or 3D shouldn't ever swich anything on upon starting a 3D file. It should ask you whether you want 2D, 3D, HOU, HSBS, etc. Of course it could be also related to your 3D movie: Is it an MVC? A H-SBS/H-OU or has it set the headers 3 (OU) or 1 (SBS). And a black screen should also never appear... especially if it is a pure 2D TV. The 2D TV would simply show a 1080p picture with a split picture for left and right eye (unless it is a MVC). Anyways... which build was this?
(2017-02-03, 14:52)infinity85 Wrote: I don't even know which version you are referring to with "afechin's version". Didn't even know he made Odroid C2 community builds as well.
afechin does only Windows MVC builds - not Odroid C2
Okay. As ArieS was referring to all those issues in Odroid C2 thread and was referring to Odroid C2, I was assuming that the issues concerned the Odroid. As he mentioned that he likes to use his NUC for 3D stuff, I assumed that NUC was totally okay with it, so it didn't come to my mind that the NUC (afechin build then?) had all the issues that he describes. If that is the case, then it would make even more sense for him, if the Odroid C2 had a working 3D Autoswitch, thus he'd not have all these issues, when watching 3D --> enjoying 3D. Otherwise why having 3D blu rays, if doing everything to get rid of 3D then? Laugh
(2017-02-03, 14:52)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 12:09)ArieS Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 13:18)wrxtasy Wrote: I have not noticed widespread stutters on video playback when I've been using the 32bit Krypton releases or Jarvis either for that matter.

Are you talking about Adjust refresh rate to display?
If yes then yeah, it's enabled.
Did you set it to "On start / stop" and left "sync playback to display = disabled"? This is the way it should be best. The TV will then do a flash/black screen for some seconds during switching to the correct refresh rate. On most tv's there is then a menu or info button, where you can see the actual refresh rate of the TV (as a cross check). I haven't had any stutter issues since summer on jarvis. And none on raybuntus 32bit Krypton since the beginning of the year, if not even earlier. As war as I remember even the official alpha builds were stutter free mostly.

Perhaps there is an issue with an AVR or Cable?
Yeah, it's set to On Start/Stop and yes sync playback is set to disabled.
I also know it's not an AVR/Cable issue as I do not have these issues with my NUC.
(2017-02-04, 00:46)infinity85 Wrote: Okay. As ArieS was referring to all those issues in Odroid C2 thread and was referring to Odroid C2, I was assuming that the issues concerned the Odroid. As he mentioned that he likes to use his NUC for 3D stuff, I assumed that NUC was totally okay with it, so it didn't come to my mind that the NUC (afechin build then?) had all the issues that he describes. If that is the case, then it would make even more sense for him, if the Odroid C2 had a working 3D Autoswitch, thus he'd not have all these issues, when watching 3D --> enjoying 3D. Otherwise why having 3D blu rays, if doing everything to get rid of 3D then? Laugh
Yes, I was talking about the MVC Windows build only to tell you that I have issues watching 3D stuff in 2D.
But for 3D or even original 2D stuff, the Windows build from afedchin is rock solid on my NUC. Perfect playback with no dropped frames.

I bet the black screen I get is user error but I just can't figure out why.
Need a Mini DVB-T/T2/C Tuner with HEVC support - PVR - TvHeadend server setup.... ?

Then ditch the RPi3, and follow melibokus's ODROID C2 with LibreELEC media_build project. Big Grin

Decided to Fire up the compiler today and stoke the LE Krypton engine with Bits N Bobs and do a Media_Build Krypton Final edition of C2 32bit AMLogic LibreELEC (compatible with Raybuntu's release)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.tar

Release notes found HERE

@infinity85 No 3D Auto switching in this Krypton release. The previously mentioned patch resulted in compile errors....

W. Big Grin

Your link is now a 404, is this the correct build at present? http://wrxtasy.libreelec.tv/Krypton-32bi....01.img.gz

Or should I be looking elsewhere for LE8 for C2?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I was assuming everyone would just go to the HardKernel LE Sub-forum.

Yes there has been a few extra Kodi and Kernel patches added to the build.01.img.gz version.

Will back-update the link to keep the Kodi troops happy Wink

Thanks @wrxtasy, seemed to work well. mysql database updated, a couple of skins now disabled, all seems to work OK.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Cool, Raybuntu just posted the first alpha build for 9.0

Happy me, DB merge

Can be found here
  • Raspberry Pi 3 - Libreelec 9.0.1
  • Odroid C2 - Libreelec 8.2.5 & Libreelec 9.0.1
(2017-02-10, 18:24)maeda Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 12:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Hi, it's a bit unclear, do you need WiFi or Ethernet only ?

This EDIMAX EW-7811UTC Dual Band AC WiFi Adapter is compatible with the C2. Pollin.de have C2 packages for 74,95 €
The C1/C2 IR remote is needed for OFF/ON but this can also be done via HDMI-CEC when a HDMI-CEC TV switches OFF / ON.

I'm sure you are aware the RPi3 is it cannot do HEVC Hardware decoding which will cause problems going forward for a Kodi Media player.

I cannot recommend 802.11n 2.4GHz WiFi, like the RPi3 is packing for reliable streaming either. Too much interference in a modern congested Radio Frequency environment.
Hi wrxtasy, thank you for the quick answer, well both wifi&ethernet would be preferable.
For start i will use my samsung cec, but i was planing to buy harmony hub, so i can use it as a one for a all remote.
I'm aware of hardware pros/cons of both devices, that's why i chose c2, i'm just saying, rpi is a nice little reusable machine.
So this package + wifi would be 90 €, that's still acceptable.
Will 8 GB eMMC be enough? i presume c2 can't dual boot to some linux desktop, so it will be only libreelec+kodi
Depends of how much A/V content you have. If you go absolutely nuts with say 2000+ files to scrape then 16GB gives you more headroom.

Dual boot I think may be possible but its DIY and not Newb friendly last time I looked. I have not tried to not honest.

(2017-02-10, 18:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Depends of how much A/V content you have. If you go absolutely nuts with say 2000+ files to scrape then 16GB gives you more headroom

Dual boot I think may be possible but its DIY and not Newb friendly last time I looked. I have not tried to not honest.
Ty for redirecting here, no way I'm gonna scrape 2000 files.
It's gonna be 128/256gb external drive for watch/rince/repeat.
And eMMC is gonna be much faster right? i think i can even move some Kodi data to external ssd.
If only there are such variety of fancy cases as for rpi Smile
Using a Pi 3 it is possible to shutdown LibreELEC Kodi and you will be informed by a number of diode flashes when it is safe to cut the power to the Pi. Then, using a remote, I cut the power to the Pi. I do this due to the Pi not completely powering off and thus remains detectable on its IP address and so my media server in the loft keeps awake.

Can the C2 have it's power cut off without any corruption issues etc once Kodi is shutdown, as elegantly as the Pi 3 can be...?

It is useful doing it that way as I then use the remote for the power plug to enable power and the Pi3 turns on and also switches on the TV. Doing the reverse switches off the TV whilst the Pi3 powers off.

Thanks
maeda, The Form factors of the RPi and C2 are very similar. People have even been known to use RPi cases with the C2 and some elbow grease.

eMMC vs micro SDHC speed comparisons found here:
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...5622510341

@Vimes, 3 ways to shutdown the C2:

- via the C1/C2 IR remote (or Harmony programmed as a C2 remote), just press the C2 remotes Power button for Virtually instant Shutdown.
- via HDMI-CEC control - Turn the TV off and get it to CEC - Signal C2 to shutdown. Turn TV on, C2 is signalled to startup.
- via remote SSH commands

The C2 actually has the superior U-boot out of all the AMLogic S905 device on the market because it can be HDMI-CEC shutdown and woken up. WeTek have not even implemented this.

Power ON to Kodi user interface takes approx ~10 secs with eMMC Flash storage. Smile

I've never had any SD/eMMC corruption issues with C2's, even with Power cuts.

• 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610