• 79(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
@wrxtasy Yet again thanks.

I have a 16gb eMMC in my basket, along with the C2 and case. Would you suggest that the low cost IR remote would be worth investing into over either the MCE remote that I currently use for my Pi or even a 2.4ghz Air Mouse type control that I have.......? Or would either of those have the same functionality as the IR remote sold for the C2,especially for the shutdown question.....?

This is the Air Mouse type control I own.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01B...UTF8&psc=1
The only way you are currently going to get IR remote - Power button shutdown (and Power ON):

- buy a C1/C2 IR remote
- program a Harmony remote as a Hardkernel C1/C2.

Others users just simply use HDMI-CEC control to Shutdown everything HDMI connected in one hit with the TV remote's power button.
(and Power everything back On again)

Seems to be only a couple of buttons available on Harmony when choosing Odroid C2 as device. Let's hope they'll add Kodi Odroid C2 -device.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
@wrxtasy - thanks.

I know that you had posted....

Quote:via HDMI-CEC control - Turn the TV off and get it to CEC - Signal C2 to shutdown. Turn TV on, C2 is signalled to startup.

and so I could use my Panasonic remote to switch off the TV and thus take advantage of that option as it will then power down the C2 to a state where I can use my remote to switch off power to the plug if needed. As mentioned this was needed for the Pi3 as it's IP address is still detected when powered down but not got the power removed from it.

The elegant solution for me for the very cheap cost is to just buy the C2 IR remote. I then get what I need, as sometimes I will want to power off the C2 but not the TV. The C2 IR remote will do just that, and at a very cheap cost.

I'll just add that to my basket Smile

Thanks
..... As mentioned this was needed for the Pi3 as it's IP address is still detected when powered down but not got the power removed from it.

I don't see how that is possible. The only way the IP address could still be showing up (responding) is if the kernel is still running.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2017-02-11, 17:04)afremont Wrote: ..... As mentioned this was needed for the Pi3 as it's IP address is still detected when powered down but not got the power removed from it.

I don't see how that is possible. The only way the IP address could still be showing up (responding) is if the kernel is still running.

Sent from my Moto G (4) (typie typie)

Thanks for making me check that out Smile

You are right of course. When Kodi is powered off the Pi signals with the diode about 10 times and then it can have its power removed completely. With it left like that it can't be pinged and thus "off". I just need to power it off at the mains with the remote I use as I ten can power it back on with that remote.

With the C2 that will work with the C2 IR remote.

I might have been getting confused when I had a PC HTPC and used the sleep mode, with the LAN used to wake it up if magic packets were sent....? Maybe then the LAN would be detectable...?
Now that you made me think, I'm not sure how a router knows which MAC address to send a magic packet. It can't really use ARP to resolve that since the machine that would normally resolve it is asleep and other equipment would eventually flush their ARP caches, so something must keep a copy of the IP and MAC handy. Now, I'm going to have to go look and see how that works. I've never played with WOL.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
I just took my C2 on a quick ride with LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.95.3, and sad to say, I still have THE problem with sound being out of sync. Manual adjustment of approx +300ms is needed,
I have tried a few video files (x264, 1080p). As previously, C2 connected straight to a TV set via HDMI cable.
Anyone else out there with the same setup that can confirm this issue?

@wrxtasy: has anything sound-wise has been changed/reverted it this release?

BR,
pX
Nothing Audio wise has changed in LE 7.95.3 that is why you are needing same adjustment.

I have reverted back the older audio code for my 32bit LE 8.x Krypton media_build and I could then get rid of my +250ms Audio adjustment when HDMI connected to a TV.

You could use the same instructions to go back to 32bit from 64bit LE 7.95.3, they are found here: (same process)
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=25854

That's OK. I've got a spare card to do the tests of new builds on, while sticking to 7.1.2 Jarvis as my primary OS for C2.
I will wait for a proper Krypton build that is working for me perfectly. It will happen.... ;-)

BR,
pX
Placed my order for one of these and hopefully it will provide us with as much viewing pleasure as our Rasp Pi 3 will still continue to do, albeit on another TV.

With a 16gb eMMC card ordered as well as the remote control it should prove to be quite responsive.

With luck my turtle beach USB sound stick will work, for optical out. If not I have an HDMI audio extractor that I can use.
Is there delay with other bluetooth devices than Harmony Hub after reboot? Otherwise everything seems to work quite well, and this is the only major drawback I'm experiencing.
Stop rebooting Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Big Grin

If my car has trouble starting, I should also leave it running idle all the time? OK, I know C2 doesn't draw much current anyway when idling...
It's a small delay, yes I'd like it fixed too, but I reboot so infrequently that I gave up caring.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610