• 86(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-03-20, 17:19)wrxtasy Wrote: No need for Sync Playback to display with AMLogic - they use Frame Rate Automation and manipulate the HDMI clock for Fractional Refresh Rates (23.976 / 29.97 / 59.94fps) for smooth video playback.
I've never touched that option ever on AMLogic devices.
But how to switch resolution to 2160p if an 4k video is playing. I have the LE GUI at 1080p60, because i want the tv to upscale not the C2. I have "sync at start" enabled because then the c2 switches to 2160p. How to let it switch automatically to that resolution without any frame rate automation? I would appreciate any help. Sometimes the Sync is not the very best, its smooth but it can be better
(2017-03-24, 16:49)wrxtasy Wrote: Plenty fast with eMMC and LE on the C2. Quite a bit faster than the 'ol RPi2.

8GB is plenty unless you have a Mega Massive Media Library.

AMLogic uses excellent Advanced Motion Adaptive Edge Enhancing Hardware deinterlacing - its very good on the C2. Smile

Any thoughts on my LibreELEC issues on the C2?

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-6779.html

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-6774.html

Tempted to try yours or Raybuntu's build to see if it's better.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
@wrxtasy
Hi, i have a problem with hw acceleration on c2.
Files are local 720p avc, and this only manifest when i try to rewind/skip back a video, goes to 100% buffering and freezes, and i have to stop the playback.
All video/player settings are on default, when i turn hardware acceleration off, i can rewind just fine.
Version of libreelec 8.0.0.
Are there any hw acceleration issues with amcodec? I can try new libreelec build, or custom ones if necessary

tnx
Rewinding is never going to be smooth unless you are running a SSD equipped LibreELEC Intel platform (with a massive Video Cache) due to the way Kodi is designed to playback video.

Forget about even trying to make it smooth if rewinding video that is streamed across a Network connection.

I've not seen problems Skipping backwards thru video with the many test files and video content I have here but I've been using my own LE versions.

@danjames92,

I have seen reported that last few seconds of video missing - Bug, on @kszaq's AML thread somewhere. I will see if we have a fix floating about.

If the OSD of the TV shows up during skipping of video it will be a Hotplug HDMI state bug in official LE that needs fixing.
I have that patched in my own releases. Not sure about Raybuntu's:

https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv/...cted.patch

Looks like it's missing from 64bit C2 LE.

I just ordered an Odroid C2 kit with 8GB eMMC, should arrive by the end of the week hopefully.

I'm looking forward to see how it works. I will put LE on the eMMC (don't need Android at all, nor the preinstalled Ubuntu). Can I use the latest LE version available or it is better to use your version @wrxtasy ? Is it based on Kodi v17.1?

I will report back about deinterlacing quality how it looks to me compared to the really powerful Intel MCDI.
(2017-03-27, 14:08)wrxtasy Wrote: Rewinding is never going to be smooth unless you are running a SSD equipped LibreELEC Intel platform (with a massive Video Cache) due to the way Kodi is designed to playback video.

Forget about even trying to make it smooth if rewinding video that is streamed across a Network connection.

I've not seen problems Skipping backwards thru video with the many test files and video content I have here but I've been using my own LE versions.
I'm sorry to hear that, rewind is a basic feature
gonna tray different libreelec builds, and playing from different media storage, maybe it'll help

tnx
(2017-03-27, 16:50)maeda Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 14:08)wrxtasy Wrote: Rewinding is never going to be smooth unless you are running a SSD equipped LibreELEC Intel platform (with a massive Video Cache) due to the way Kodi is designed to playback video.

I'm sorry to hear that, rewind is a basic feature
gonna tray different libreelec builds, and playing from different media storage, maybe it'll help

tnx

Rewinding Long GOP compressed video smoothly is pushing things. Hardware video decompression isn't optimised for decoding 'backwards' - everything is conspiring against you.
Don't really understand why is rewinding so important, actually why anybody needs it at all. Skip back/ff is a must, but rewind?

Sent from Tapatalk from my Z5 Compact
It not only happens when you're attempting to rewind but also when you skip back.
As far as i know raybuntu/peak3d is aware of the problem though.
as fux0r sad, it happens on both rewind/skip back (i can live without rewind), but any attempt to skip back more than 5min results in picture freeze
I will try different builds and report back.
wrxtasy reported that skipping back works for him. Maybe he can advise how to proceed. IMHO rewind is not priority at all, but skipping certainly is (additive skipping is especially great). Hope this will be fixed soon.

Sent from Tapatalk from my Z5 Compact

@danjames92,

I have seen reported that last few seconds of video missing - Bug, on @kszaq's AML thread somewhere. I will see if we have a fix floating about.

If the OSD of the TV shows up during skipping of video it will be a Hotplug HDMI state bug in official LE that needs fixing.
I have that patched in my own releases. Not sure about Raybuntu's:

https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv/...cted.patch

Looks like it's missing from 64bit C2 LE.

Thanks for the info. What is needed to be done to get it included in the official LibreELEC branch then? I've reported it in the forums. Is it just a matter of waiting for LibreELEC people to test it and merge? I honestly have no idea how this side of things works. Just how to provide logs and a bug report. Smile

I'll give your build a go and see if it resolved it. Would be nice to get it in official LibreELEC too though.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Had a discussion with other LE devs. - I never saw it with my LE 8.0.x 32bit Media builds, but I now see it on a 64bit LE 8.0.1 Nougat Kernel test build I'm currently using.

The Skip back Freeze issue is a known problem it seems, at least for 64bit LE releases.

(2017-03-29, 13:40)wrxtasy Wrote: The Skip back Freeze issue is a known problem it seems, at least for 64bit LE releases.

Since I'm new to Odroid (it should arrive on Friday), which version should I use? The LE final 32bit (I would prefer Krypton).
(2017-03-29, 14:47)gurabli Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 13:40)wrxtasy Wrote: The Skip back Freeze issue is a known problem it seems, at least for 64bit LE releases.

Since I'm new to Odroid (it should arrive on Friday), which version should I use? The LE final 32bit (I would prefer Krypton).
I think that @Raybuntus and @wrxtasys (http://forum.odroid.com/viewforum.php?f=144) 32 bit releases are the better choice than official LibreELEC.

Raybuntu 32 bit krypton: Is afaik the most recent krypton (virtually official) version, which has always the most recent official patches from LibreELEC team. So it is mostly more up-to-date than the final from libreelec.tv

wrxtasy 32 bit mediabuild: Is at least the same up-to-date version as the official one from libreelec.tv and contains afaik some cherry picked patches by wrxtasy, so perhaps not completely the same as official libreelec stuff. But wrxtasy does not include patches without purpose, so it likely won't have negative effects compared to official version Wink
Additionaly - as the "media build" title implicates - there are backported DVB drivers inside, in case you want to connect a DVB tuner to the Odroid.

I'd say, currently you won't notice a huge difference between official 64bit, and Raybuntus 32bit or wrxtasys 32bit version. The older the official build gets without a new release, the more I'd look onto the community builds from wrxtasy and raybuntu.

Also... personally I prefer 32bit version, because all the raspberry pi (armhf) addons should work out of the box. These would spotify connect, and DRM things that rely on libwidevine (sky go, amazon video, netflix), as widevine is not possible on 64bit aarch64 builds. On the other hand there is no benefit using the 64bit version that I am aware of.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610