• 93(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-04-19, 16:24)sandro_66 Wrote: Good afternoon! How to enable deinterlacing when watching video in kodi on libreelec (for some reason when this video is played in the settings, this item is gray and not activated)? Thank you!
@sandro_66, video playback and de-interlacing is all automatic with AMLogic LibreELEC Krypton.

Its Motion Compensation, Edge Enhancing - Hardware deinterlacing that takes place. That is the reason why deinterlacing is greyed out.

(2017-04-17, 11:02)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 16:54)wrxtasy Wrote: AMLogic Android and Linux/LibreELEC share a common Linux Kernel - so some updated LE video driver and decoder Kernel code was cherry picked from a recently bug fix release AMLogic Android Nougat Linux Kernel.

Nougat Versions in this thread are 64bit, which are incompatible with the 32bit media Builds.

So unless having issues, stick with 32bit Media_build, otherwise this has to be done as well...

The script found over here is what you run first before doing a LE .tar update to flop between 32/64bit releases:

Krypton 32/64bit upgrade instructions.

EDIT: ODROID forum seems to be down...

Backing up any version of LibreELEC to a .tar file is a good idea first before doing anything.

I get "wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" when trying to run that update -script.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
With the latest wrxxtasy build from prev page everything is playing real well. No lock ups etc etc Big Grin

But I am having one issue I cant resolve. I cant see UPNP servers on my network. I have enabled, unenabled, rebooted etc etc.Huh
Logging shows nothing other than Kodi start time.

Bazzle

edit:Strange... Added an SMP share using my PC ip addy where the (Servio server ) is and it seems to of resolved the upnp issue. Lets see if it stays that way..Fail Sad

No.. Cannot connect to network server ... Now Im really stuck.?
Also get the 404 Error when trying to run wrxtasy's script

Using the official LE build I also had that problem with not seeing any SMB shares or being able to Browse the network. Bizarrely it was connecting to the shared MySQL db but couldn't access the shared folders containing the files (both db and shares on the same Windows 7 machine).

Guess I'll stick with Raybuntu's build for now and live with the pops and clicks
with the latest wrxstasy build I am getting lots of skipped frames on high bitrate mkv blu-ray rips. I tried disabling/enabling passthrough but neither really helped. I thought it might be a network issue but the file does the same thing on an external HDD connected to the odroid. Could this be a power supply issue? the only power supply I have around right now is 5v/1.6Amp.
No sure, but this version has a few tweaked patches, for various issues.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.fix.black.tar

As for the 32/64bit LE version changes script, dropbox have changed something recently....

You can just manually do:
Code:
touch /storage/.update/.nocompat
rm /storage/.kodi/addons/*
rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db
reboot

And then reinstall any Addons not working.

Am experiencing issues when skipping ahead 10 secs/30 secs etc during a movie, I find the screen flickers/flashes on LE. I am fairly confident it relates to LE changing res to do the skip forward. My projector is slow at dealing with refresh rate changes so this is more noticeable, it is not as noticeable when through a TV.

I can solve the problem by turning off the feature "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" which then essentially pumps everything out at the same video setting as found in the system settings/video (1080p/50 in my case), but while the default for this value is off I believe this is best left on for removing judder.

I am using audio passthrough for all audio.

Any thoughts?
What is in the post above yours, is there a .tar update ?

That would mean using your build as opposed to the official LE build.

Am also interested to hear any opinions on whether people even use "Adjust display refresh rate to match video". Maybe I don;t need to set this and then the problems go away.

Do you have a post somewhere with the details of what is in and known issues with this tar file? I see post 2 has some other builds but not this one.
(2017-04-21, 09:40)wrxtasy Wrote: No sure, but this version has a few tweaked patches, for various issues.

If I upgrade from your earlier version are there folders I can swap in to save all my add ons etc.
Thanks Bazzle
Guys, im running moonlight on a c2/libreelec, and a cant pair with server. Always get an error massage.

Any tips here?
(2017-04-21, 23:22)bazzle Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 09:40)wrxtasy Wrote: No sure, but this version has a few tweaked patches, for various issues.

If I upgrade from your earlier version are there folders I can swap in to save all my add ons etc.
Thanks Bazzle

All aarch64 (64bit) upgrades / downgrades are compatible. That is why the .tar files have aarch64 in their filename.
All Addons, folders, settings etc are preserved as all 64bit Software is compatible.
The standard LibreELEC on the C2 is 64bit.
You just drop the .tar file in the Update folder:

2 Updating LibreELEC using the Samba shares

arm versions are 32bit. If flip flopping between the 32bit<<->>64bit then Software binaries are incompatible and you have to delete Addons. The Addon settings however are still retained in a seperate Kodi folder. You use the commands previously given in previous posts before flip flopping between 32bit and 64bit.

If hesitant do a LE System .tar backup using the Settings > LibreELEC configurator first. Store the backup .tar file external from the C2.

@ex_directory,

No idea what you projector does regarding refresh switching. But there are extra patches in my LE Krypton versions missing from the LE Official one.
Just do a .tar update - with the file given above, it will very likely fix your issues.
You can backup your current setup first if unsure.

(2017-04-22, 04:26)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 23:22)bazzle Wrote:

Thanks Bazzle

All aarch64 (64bit) upgrades / downgrades are compatible. That is why the .tar files have aarch64 in their filename.
All Addons, folders, settings etc are preserved as all 64bit Software is compatible.
The standard LibreELEC on the C2 is 64bit.
You just drop the .tar file in the Update folder:

2 Updating LibreELEC using the Samba shares

arm versions are 32bit. If flip flopping between the 32bit<<->>64bit then Software binaries are incompatible and you have to delete Addons. The Addon settings however are still retained in a seperate Kodi folder. You use the commands previously given above before flip flopping between 32bit and 64bit.

If hesitant do a LE System .tar backup using the Settings > LibreELEC configurator first. Store the backup .tar file external from the C2.

@ex_directory,

No idea what you projector does regarding refresh switching. But there are extra patches in my LE Krypton versions missing from the LE Official one.
Just do a .tar update - with the file given above, it will very likely fix your issues.
You can backup your current setup first if unsure.

Hi

might be a silly question but when you note....

Quote:The standard LibreELEC on the C2 is 64bit.

and I have the std 64bit Official LibreELEC install on my C2.

So I popped in the update folder the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.fix.black.tar file you kindly provided and then rebooted the C2. The C2 booted as it would and progressed to start the update. But up popped a message stating that the update is not compatible with the OS and so would not update. The C2 then booted as normal and the update folder was empty.

I assumes that as the C2 is using the official 64bit LibreELEC then it would be a simple update to your version....?
@Vimes, I had that problem too when upgrading from the official LE build to wrxtasy's build. You need to run

Code:
touch /storage/.update/.nocompat

to override the CPU arch check.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
@Oral-B Thanks for that. Just used SSH and ran that before the update and all went well with the update, but......

I get a lot of screen flashing, with magenta type flashing and flickering.

I have recorded a video and I'll uploaded it to YT to show what I mean.

I'll pop a link here.

Edit: Link added

Any idea what the password is for the SSH login please, as the root / libreelec does not work for this build, states wrong password.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610