• 96(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Yes, it does look interesting. Is Android running on top of Debian, or is it in a VM?

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2017-03-30, 10:30)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-03-30, 10:13)gurabli Wrote:
(2017-03-30, 09:59)wrxtasy Wrote: @gurabli,
If you don't want to head down the 32bit route I will post up a 64bit LE 8.0.1 build here with bang up to date Kodi 17.1 & improved Nougat Kernel code very shortly. It's been pretty stable for all my TV viewing and has H264 decoder improvements in it.

I read that many addons are not compatible with 64bit, and that there are no actual benefits of using the 64bit version. Meaning, I'm completely fine with the 32bit version, I just wanted the latest Kodi version and the most stable and "best" possible edition. I will not use h265 for some time, most important is h264 and mpeg2 live tv, and h264 mkv (720p and 1080p), and HD audio passthrough/PCM multi channel audio.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.img.gz

Compatible with Official LE 64bit versions:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.tar
I'm using the Nougat version from your post since I got my C2. I see some new releases are available, especially one where faster channel switch is added. To which one should I upgrade that has the latest & gratest? Can you please post the link to the download? Thanks for the great work!

Tapatalkkal küldve az én E5823 eszközömről
From preliminary testing over the last two days this may have fixed the Skip back video playback freeze bug. I Hope !

This is the latest I would use,

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.LG-Simplink.tar

Many thanks, I'll update to this version and see how it works. This has the PVR channel switch improvement included as well?

I just upgraded to the version in your post. I must say that pvr channel switching is so much faster, it is nearly instant on my setup. Excellent work again!

I will check the skip back issue as well.

@wrxtasy: Is there any way to implement/roll back whatever is needed for the "Refresh Switching" to work in LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat the same way like it does in 7.1.3? I mean to not cause the black screen (no signal).
pX
(2017-05-07, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote: From preliminary testing over the last two days this may have fixed the Skip back video playback freeze bug. I Hope !

This is the latest I would use,

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.LG-Simplink.tar

Hi,

is there a release thread for this project?

My points of interest:
1. What does nougat mean? I'm a little confused, because it's an android codename too!
2. What are the benefits from this version (not branch) to the official le8.0.1?

Thaks for support,
WebEye
I am interested in getting a Odroid C2. Anyone know what the best/cheapest place to buy this is for Canadians?

Only 2 places I've found are:

Ameridroid
diigiit

If I buy it from Ameridroid, would the following accessories be ok:

1. No power supply because I already have a micro-usb charger at home
2. Clear case
3. Linux 16GB eMMC Boot Media

- I'm guessing I don't need the Android eMMC since I'm will install LibreElec correct?
- Do you recommend 16GB or 8GB eMMC? I have about 1TB of content stored on my computer
- What is the USB UART module for?

Thanks a lot for your help
@WebEye,

Nougat in this LibreELEC C2 case refers to the updated common Linux (Nougat) Kernel code used for both AMlogic Android and Linux / LibreELEC. Android devices actually use a Linux Kernel too.

@r4ge,

1. I just use a common off the shelf 2.0 Amp USB phone charger. If you were connecting a 2.5" HDD I would get an official power supply.
2. I recommend a Black case as the LED Power light is damn bright !
3. 8GB would be enough for your use case. 16GB if you plan a expanding to a massive Media Library.

USB UART is used for Low Level PC serial console debugging.

@wrxtasy With Hardware Acceleration enabled, Boblight doesn't change colors in your newest build. Lightpack initial color display works and it boots normally, but when the video starts, the lights turn on and stick to just one color(no grabbing). I looked back at old threads, and it seems like something needed to be enabled in the kernel to get it to work in the past. Was this inadvertently turned off or incompatible with Krypron amcodec? If there is an issue with this not working now in new builds, what build should I use to get it working again?

Sent from my Pixel XL
(2017-05-10, 07:44)wrxtasy Wrote: @WebEye,

Nougat in this LibreELEC C2 case refers to the updated common Linux (Nougat) Kernel code used for both AMlogic Android and Linux / LibreELEC. Android devices actually use a Linux Kernel too.

Thanks,
maybe someone can report something about this release, what are the real benefits!

These tars are fully compatible with the official tars, right? So I can easily switch back!

Thanks,
WebEye
(2017-05-10, 17:15)josephasmith1 Wrote: @wrxtasy With Hardware Acceleration enabled, Boblight doesn't change colors in your newest build. Lightpack initial color display works and it boots normally, but when the video starts, the lights turn on and stick to just one color(no grabbing). I looked back at old threads, and it seems like something needed to be enabled in the kernel to get it to work in the past. Was this inadvertently turned off or incompatible with Krypron amcodec? If there is an issue with this not working now in new builds, what build should I use to get it working again?
(typie typie)

It never worked for me - how did you get boblight/lightpack working in the first place? Mine always powered on, did the colour sequence, but remained static thereafter (white).
(2017-05-01, 07:23)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 00:27)Raymond Luxury-Yacht Wrote: 3. I had to resize the overscan to suit my TV. All looks good in Kodi menu and playback, however the on screen menu and data that you see during playback if you press the menu button are at their original positions and therefore only partially visible.
Suggestion: Make sure in your TV settings - you have 1:1 Pixel mapping - or play around with TV Overscan settings first, before fiddling with Kodi

My TV is too old to have those settings unfortunately. I also booted up Ubuntu last weekend and it has the same issue. I might be able fix it there perhaps, but that won't help with LibreElec & Kodi. Booting into Android also has the same sizing issues but Android is very good at adjusting screen sizes.

I am liking the C2's ability to run Ubuntu/Android/LibreElec based on the inserted SD card. Gives me ample opportunity to see if I can get everything that currently runs on my Ubuntu desktop working on a C2 before investing in another one. Only problem is that I have to do this experimenting when Mrs Luxury-Yacht doesn't want to watch Kodi.
(2017-05-10, 18:44)WebEye Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 07:44)wrxtasy Wrote: @WebEye,

Thanks,
maybe someone can report something about this release, what are the real benefits!

These tars are fully compatible with the official tars, right? So I can easily switch back!

Thanks,
WebEye
Yes they are all 64bit releases and all Upgrade / Downgrade / Sidegrade compatible with the 64bit Official LibreELEC releases.

If your worried do a .tar Backup and store that .tar file backup external from the C2:
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl...C_Settings

SMB Connect to LibreELEC:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Access...mba_Shares

I'm gonna gift a C2 to a friend and I need to set it up for them.
Probably a dumb question but can I plug it in my PC (my video card has a HDMI port) so I can set up the skin/menus and all or do I need to do it via SSH?

Another question, they do have a Harmony One remote. Is there a thread somewhere that explains how to set up the Harmony to use it with the C2?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610