• 109(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2018-03-14, 02:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Been raiding the open source OSMC - Vero 4K piggy bank Wink
and decided some audio improvements and extra user options needed to be added to C2 Krypton:

In Kodi settings there is now options for:

Kodi Settings > System Settings > Audio > Include LFE in Stereo Downmix

Kodi Settings > System Settings > Display > Disable noise reduction picture processing if hardware deinterlacing

Kodi Settings > System Settings > Display > Force RGB output

The first - Include LFE in Stereo Downmix setting for me gives my old 2.1 Audio system, noticeable extra punch and rumble from the subwoofer when watching/listening to 5.1 or 7.1 content. I use a 100% setting.
Disabling Noise reduction picture processing has cleaned up a wee bit - deinterlaced OTA TV picture output.

Also included is extra Audio passthrough support (Atmos may even work properly) and extra Multichannel LPCM audio support.
Same as @Sam.Nazarko talks about in this POSTLibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.2-NR-LFE-SUSPEND.tar

PS. C2 Suspend and instant Resume now works. (in Power Menu)

W.
Careful with channel masking changes. Audio needs sync w/kernel. I didn't see any update to your kernel on GitHub.
These changes add support for multi-channel PCM that is not just 2.0/7.1.

We are working on a PCM infoframe fix to fix Atmos and DTS HRA on some AVRs (low end Denons).
I bought a new TV 4k (Sony Bravia KD-65XE9005). When I set resolution for 4k in Kodi on my Odroid C2 I get a small stutter, 1080 is working good. Why is that?
Quote:This should give you what you want:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.2-NR-LFE-SUSPEND.img.gz

And does this also allow oc to 1,7GHz?
(2018-03-19, 22:33)WeldSpark Wrote: I bought a new TV 4k (Sony Bravia KD-65XE9005). When I set resolution for 4k in Kodi on my Odroid C2 I get a small stutter, 1080 is working good. Why is that?
1) Make sure you are actually connected to a HDMI 2.0 port on your 4K TV. HDMI 1.4 is limited to 2160p@30Hz = 4K@30fps

2) No need to run a 4K Kodi user interface resolution because if you enable Kodi refresh switching in settings, 1080p > 4K resolution switching will happen automatically when you watch 4K content.
You also want your 4K TV using it's superior 1080p > 4K picture upscaling hardware giving you higher quality picture outputs. 1080p is what you will be viewing most of the time anyway.

(2018-03-20, 14:34)querty1000 Wrote:

Yes so long as you use a decent power supply. Change to 1.752GHz by modifying the boot.ini file on the SD/eMMC card.

Hi, I recently bought an Odroid C2 set from pollin. The C2 power supply is plugged into a multi socket equipped with a switch. The multi socket is like the one shown into the picture.
It happens that, when the system (libreelec) is shutted down (and the multi socket switch is in off position), every about 30 seconds the multi socket switch led lights up feebly and at the same time the C2 red led blinks once. It does not happen with my old RPi. 
Do you know what's happening? Is the C2 power supply faulty? Thanks.

(2018-03-20, 15:25)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-03-19, 22:33)WeldSpark Wrote: I bought a new TV 4k (Sony Bravia KD-65XE9005). When I set resolution for 4k in Kodi on my Odroid C2 I get a small stutter, 1080 is working good. Why is that?
1) Make sure you are actually connected to a HDMI 2.0 port on your 4K TV. HDMI 1.4 is limited to 2160p@30Hz = 4K@30fps

2) No need to run a 4K Kodi user interface resolution because if you enable Kodi refresh switching in settings, 1080p > 4K resolution switching will happen automatically when you watch 4K content.
You also want your 4K TV using it's superior 1080p > 4K picture upscaling hardware giving you higher quality picture outputs. 1080p is what you will be viewing most of the time anyway.

Thanks, you were right, wrong HDMI port and 1080p gui working good, it changes resolution to 4k when I play 4k media.

However I would like to ask you, which wifi adapter do you recommend? I'm using Hardkernel Wifi module 3 at the moment. But it's not stable. I haven't come around to install RJ45 cable in all rooms yet in the house.

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...7447734369
(2018-03-20, 15:25)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-03-20, 14:34)querty1000 Wrote:

Yes so long as you use a decent power supply. Change to 1.752GHz by modifying the boot.ini file on the SD/eMMC card.   
 Thanx it was not clear to me if i can do a straight update from er here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2675402   since this was marked as special OC build
Like all LE devices, just drop the latest .tar or .img.gz into the Update folder and reboot Smile

(2017-03-20, 17:19)wrxtasy Wrote: No need for Sync Playback to display with AMLogic - they use Frame Rate Automation and manipulate the HDMI clock for Fractional Refresh Rates (23.976 / 29.97 / 59.94fps) for smooth video playback.
I've never touched that option ever on AMLogic devices.

AML LE Krypton on has had a LOT of video Sync work put into it. Kodi now has more control vs bypass rendering that AML Kodi Jarvis was using.

Unable to answer about Multichannel PCM Audio. I've no AVR. Reports are it all works, as well as HD Audio Passthrough.

10bit HEVC decoding but color is dithered to 8bit output. I don't have a 10bit Display / TV anyway

All AML S9xx devices will implement the same deinterlacing.

C2 has better CEC control due to Hardkernel giving us Open Source U-boot code vs any other AML S905.
Also we can Overclock both CPU and RAM with the C2, due to that big heatsink. Not currently possible on any other S9xx's.

Every bit helps Smile

Recommend eMMC Flash Storage if you want decent snappy speed after coming from Intel, that likely had HDD or SSD storage.
 Many times when I play media, often 4k they are out of audio sync, need to correct it manually. Is it a problem with the source media or my Odroid?
Hello everyone! My first post here on the Kodi forums.

I recently bought an odroid c2 (running the latest standard libreelec) to mate with my Vizio m60-c3 tv (4K non hdr) as they seemed like a perfect fit.

However, when I play back my 2160p hevc hdr content, the colors are way off look really washed out. Is there anything I can do to correct this or do I need to go back to 1080p h264 again (in which case I shoulda just stuck with my rpi2) until, if, this gets sorted?
Hi,

Click on the following chart and realise the AMLogic S905 in the C2 is not HDR capable and never will be.
It cannot convert HDR to SDR either which is why the colors look washed out.

You have to use SDR H264 or SDR 8/10bit HEVC video content only.

Thanks for the quick reply wrxtacy!

I always understood it can’t output HDR, which is fine because my TV isn’t HDR anyway.

However I didn’t know that it cannot convert hdr to sdr, so that’s a bummer. Is there any chance it can gain the ability to convert hdr to sdr via future software updates or is the hardware simply incapable?

Thanks again!
Hello,

Just received my C2, and now I have to choose a Krypton libreelec build.
I'm a bit lost between official libreelec, kzaq, raybuntu and wrxtazy builds!

Any recommendation ?
I'd like the most stable build, with downmix center channel boost, good chapter skipping and maybe last koying patch to enable downscale auto-resolution (output native 720p and let the TV upscale)
Thanks
The LE C2 .img.gz from THIS post has all the latest AML Krypton patches

(2018-04-05, 15:22)wrxtasy Wrote: The LE C2 .img.gz from THIS post has all the latest AML Krypton patches
Thank you very much.
Is it an update (over an official LE image) or a full image?
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610