• 114(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
i bought a 8 gig emmc linux and  installed same libre-elec that will boot off a sd card but when i flash it to the emmc it says cant access job tty?
it was this one says works with ALL Odroids https://ameridroid.com/collections/stora...dule-blank       since its for ALL is there some special way i have to align it or something? any help appreciated thanks
It should work, have you remove the SD card and have eMMC only ?

Which image are you exactly flashing ?

found out their is a thread that Emmc has a issue with Odroids, i sent it back in mail they are mailing me a black label emmc              https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=31631   their is thread tried 2 differnt builds of libre 7.13 and  LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0 both did same thing that thread talks about it, and yes i was removing sd card when trying emmc
Is there a trick to eliminating the repetitive pauses and buffering when playing back a Blu-ray on the C2?  About every minute or so playback pauses and the little throbber thingy comes up and over several seconds counts up to about 100 and then playback resumes.  I'm trying to play an .ISO located on my Windows 10 Pro "server" in the basement.  The C2 has a gigabit connection to the switch (confirmed with the status LEDs on the C2) and the server is connected to the switch via 10gig SFP+.  I can copy the .ISO to my desktop at >100MB/sec for the whole thing so I don't see how network throughput could be responsible.  I'm running CoreELEC 8.95.2 from an eMMC with no other plug-ins or add-ons and have this in my advancedsettings.xml too.

<cache>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
        <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>
All CoreELEC support belongs over on the CoreELEC forum.

(2018-09-16, 01:11)wrxtasy Wrote: All CoreELEC support belongs over on the CoreELEC forum.
And by "support" you mean being told that I should use NFS instead of SMB on a Windows 10 box, or use other hardware, because apparently expecting the C2 and CoreELEC to be able to stream an ISO file at <50Mbit/sec on a gigabit network via SMB for smooth media playback is unrealistic.

How the C2 is a top recommended piece of hardware for Kodi is beyond me.  It is clearly deficient at basic multimedia tasks, or the recommended HW thread needs to specify what Kodi including Linux distro is the one that works.  LibreELEC 8.2.5 performs worse than CoreELEC with the same playback task.  It has similar pausing and buffering plus an intermittent stuttering slideshow like playback effect where it only displays a few frames per second.
(2018-09-17, 12:46)Stereodude Wrote: LibreELEC 8.2.5 performs worse than CoreELEC with the same playback task. 
Hmmm. I take it you are using the official 64bit LibreELEC v8.2.5.1 ?

I just tested a few Bluray .iso's I have here and have not encountered the problem you describe when streaming over SMBv2 or NFS from an iMac.
(Play main Title from Simple Menu)
The is SMBv2 as the min protocol, found in Kodi Settings > Services > SMB Client
I'm using my own LE v.8.2.4.2 32bit release.

Suggestion.
Do a LibreELEC .tar and keep that backup on a external PC / Mac.
Flash or Download the following .img.gz update, copy normally to the Update folder.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz

If switching between 64bit official LE and 32bit - my LE v.8.2.4.2, SSH connect and....
Code:
touch /storage/.update/.nocompat
reboot

Any 64bit binary Addons like PVR's, will have to be uninstalled (you do not lose settings) and reinstalled from the 32bit LE repository

If there are problems still, connect a Keyboard and press O to see if it's a VC-1 or regular h264 compressed Bluray.
It may just be the .ISO container causing issues, and most people simply use the free MakeMKV program to extract the main movie file from a Bluray into a .mkv container.

(2018-09-17, 15:14)wrxtasy Wrote: Hmmm. I take it you are using the official 64bit LibreELEC v8.2.5.1 ?

I just tested a few Bluray .iso's I have here and have not encountered the problem you describe when streaming over SMBv2 or NFS from an iMac.
The is SMBv2 as the min protocol, found in Kodi Settings > Services > SMB Client

Suggestion.
Flash or Download the following .img.gz update, copy normally to the Update folder.

If switching between 64bit official LE and 32bit - my LE v.8.2.4.2, SSH connect and....
Code:
touch /storage/.update/.nocompat
reboot

Any 64bit binary Addons like PVR's, will have to be uninstalled (you do not lose settings) and reinstalled from the 32bit LE repository

If there are problems still, connect a Keyboard and press O to see if it's a VC-1 or regular h264 compressed Bluray.
It may just be the .ISO container causing issues, and most people simply use the free MakeMKV program to extract the main movie file from a Bluray into a .mkv container.          
I used the 64-bit 8.2.5. download from here.  I don't know if that's .1, .2 or just 8.2.5.  FWIW, it will play the Blu-ray .ISO from a very fast USB 3.0 flash drive smoothly without pausing and buffering (yes, I know the C2 only has USB 2.0).

I'm not sure which version of SMB it ultimately uses when "talking" to the Windows 10 Pro system.  I know it has to be at least v2 per the menu settings and since Windows 10 has subsequently disabled v1.  Pushing data from Windows 10 to the C2 doesn't seem to have an issue.  I can copy (pushing) an update .tar to the C2 at >110MB/sec.  It's seems likely to me that there is some sort of issue with the C2 pulling data over SMB (perhaps only some versions of SMB).

The C2 clearly parses the Blu-ray .ISO faster from the USB 2.0 attached drive than over gigabit Ethernet.  The simple menu pops up much faster for the .ISO via USB 2.0 than gigabit Ethernet after selecting it.  The same for starting playback after picking the main title.

I will try your version later when I get back home from work.

FWIW, the Blu-ray I'm testing with uses h264 compression.  I will also test a .mkv remux of it.  I was told on the CoreELEC forum that Kodi doesn't cache .ISO files.

Edit:  Is there a way to see in LibreELEC what SMB protocol version has been negotiated with the remote SMB share?  I didn't find a way to look at it from the Windows 10 side for folders that are being shared, only for client side access to other shares.
(2018-09-17, 15:14)wrxtasy Wrote: Hmmm. I take it you are using the official 64bit LibreELEC v8.2.5.1 ?

Suggestion.

So I checked and I was just running 8.2.5.  I couldn't find anywhere to download 8.2.5.1 so I wasn't able to test with that.

Using your build a Blu-ray .ISO plays back just fine.  The network access is noticeably faster.  With 8.2.5 clicking on the .ISO on the SMB share doesn't bring up the simple menu for about 28 seconds.  With your 32-bit 8.2.4.2 it comes up in about 5 seconds.  On the USB 3.0 flash drive the simple menu pops up in about 1 second.

Both versions decode the Blu-ray to limited range 16-235 RGB, and there doesn't seem to be any option for 0-255 RGB.

FWIW, a Chromebox running LE 8.2.5 gets from clicking on the .ISO on my SMB share to the simple menu in 25 seconds and also can't play back the Blu-ray .ISO smoothly (exhibiting the same behavior as the C2 with 8.2.5).  A RPi3 running 8.2.5 gets to the simple menu in 14 seconds and plays back the Blu-ray .ISO fine.
(2018-09-17, 18:58)Stereodude Wrote: Edit:  Is there a way to see in LibreELEC what SMB protocol version has been negotiated with the remote SMB share?  I didn't find a way to look at it from the Windows 10 side for folders that are being shared, only for client side access to other shares.
I'm not a Network guy, maybe the Linux Guru's over on the LE forums have more info.

EDIT there might be a fix coming (Leia Backport) for official v8.2.5 after discussions with @millhouse. He might have a test release.
This should also fix the SMB Subtitles crashing I've seen with my recent releases.

Quote:Using your build a Blu-ray .ISO plays back just fine. The network access is noticeably faster.
Thanks, and that will be why I've never seen the problem.
The only change I believe was some AMLogic S9xx - Vero 4K - CIFS/SMB cherry picked patches for the AML Linux Kernel.

Quote:Both versions decode the Blu-ray to limited range 16-235 RGB, and there doesn't seem to be any option for 0-255 RGB.
Default output from AML devices is 8bit 4:4:4 - using a Limited Range YCbCr color space.

1080p Bluray uses Limited Range anyway. Video games need Full Range.

Quote:FWIW, a Chromebox running LE 8.2.5 gets from clicking on the .ISO on my SMB share to the simple menu in 25 seconds and also can't play back the Blu-ray .ISO smoothly (exhibiting the same behavior as the C2 with 8.2.5).
Might be a good idea to report this Chromebox - Linux LE problem as well over on the LE forums.
There is obviously an underlying problem affecting multiple LE Kodi platforms.

BTW: there are further Speed tweaks for the C2 available, in the boot.ini file on the eMMC/SD card I run the CPU clocks at a stable 1.752GHz
Also in my LE > Settings > System > AMLogic > You can crank the GPU clock up to 792MHz. Smile

(2018-09-18, 04:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Might be a good idea to report this Chromebox - Linux LE problem as well over on the LE forums.
There is obviously an underlying problem affecting multiple LE Kodi platforms. 
Done.  https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/13267-...chromebox/
Wow, the CoreELEC guys are special...  They are super aggressive at deleting posts that don't fan them with praise, which is kind of hard in a bug report.  They deleted multiple posts where I dared to suggest the C2 wasn't under powered to play back a Blu-ray .ISO over a SMB share and pushed back against having to use NFS on the server because I felt it was not the right/proper solution for users with servers running Windows.  Then in the coup de grâce they deleted my post letting them know that the LibreELEC team was helpful and found a solution that didn't require switching to NFS.  I guess they don't want anyone who finds the thread to know they were wrong and that users don't have to use NFS shares on a Windows system (which may not even work as I didn't test it).

It's too bad they'll benefit from other's efforts by adopting the same patches for SMB reading in the future.
Please anyone can confirm that a file lihe the following is correctly reproduced by odroid- c2?

Thanks

General
Unique ID                                : 64171696808895524698636496283965601762 (0x304704ED59055F16E460BC67AFC837E2)
Complete name                            : G:\Incoming\Skyscraper.2018.2160p.BDRip.x265.HDR10.ITA.ENG.AC3-TERMiNAL.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4
File size                                : 13.4 GiB
Duration                                 : 1 h 42 min
Overall bit rate                         : 18.8 Mb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2018-11-06 11:01:11
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v28.2.0 ('The Awakening') 64-bit
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.6 + libmatroska v1.4.9

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name                          : HDR10
Format profile                           : Main [email protected]@high
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Bit rate                                 : 17.9 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 1 600 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.121
Stream size                              : 12.8 GiB (95%)
Writing library                          : x265 2.8+10-703eade86b53:[Windows][MSVC 1914][64 bit] 10bit

Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level              : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level        : 986 cd/m2

Audio #1
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 448 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 328 MiB (2%)
Title                                    : Italiano AC3@448
Language                                 : Italian
Service kind                             : Complete Main
Default                                  : Yes

Audio #2
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 448 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 328 MiB (2%)
Title                                    : Inglese AC3@448
Language                                 : English
Service kind                             : Complete Main
Default                                  : No
No, the S905 Chipset in the C2 does not support HDR.
It will not map HDR to SDR either so that type of video will output washed out color on a SDR display.

• 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610