• 116(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2019-02-21, 10:00)wrxtasy Wrote: The S905 chipset has no HDR support at all. 4K HDR content will output washed out colors with this chipset. 

The only caveat, if you have HDR10 content and an HDR10 compatible TV is if you can manually force your TV in to HDR10 mode (I can do this on my Sony UHD HDR TV - as I can manually switch between HDR modes of OFF, AUTO, HDR10 and HLG) and possibly manually force Rec2020 colour gamut (again I can do this on my Sony UHD HDR TV as I can select a number of gamut/spaces including Rec 709, Rec 2020 etc.).

You may then get sub-par 8-bit HDR with the right colours and levels assuming the C2 hasn't mangled it trying to convert the gamut to Rec 709 or used Rec 709 matrix co-efficients.

It's not automatic, and it will be boring to do this, and you will get banding (as HDR content really needs 10-bits not 8-bits), but it may be better than watching content with washed out colours.

Far from ideal - but might be better than nothing.

If your TV doesn't let you manually set the input gamut/colour-space and EOTF (i.e. HDR style) then this won't be possible.
(2019-02-21, 10:00)wrxtasy Wrote: It's been a little while. I've added the GPU overclocking options to latest CoreELEC Kodi Leia. No need for a custom version now.
So the official stable version from the CoreELEC site also has this enabled? I don't mind doing a fresh install Smile
Just installed CoreElec from here https://relkai.coreelec.org/

I get error "You are using an unsupported dtb" while booting, and have to wait for 60s. What to do, I quite don´t get this DTB-thing with CoreElec?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
I think that Odroid C2 does not need dtb.img file.

Go to https://coreelec.org/ -> Download -> 9.0.1 (Stable) -> New Insstallation -> Choose your Odroid C2 and you'll se DTB not needed.
So you can remove/rename the dtb.img file on your SD Fat32 partition...
But when I look at flash-folder, it´s already there. And I cannot delete it, because it´s read only file system. And I cannot access these files from Windows if I put my emmc card on reader and plug it on my windows laptop.
I don't think that we are tolking about same thing.
When CoreElec is installed on an SD card the card has 2 partitions. First is a small partition of 525Mb formatted in Fat32. Second partition is the rest of the card capacity formatted in exFAT (I think).
First partition is accessible from a Windows machine, and second normally is not. All files on first partition (including dtb.img, kernel.img, System...) can be deleted/edited since that partition is read/write.
If you cannot delete dtb.img then it's something wrong with your installation or with your Windows machine.

But best, ask your questins on CoreElec forum...
OK, I had problems with my Win10-laptop, and it can´t access those partitions. With other laptop I was able to delete dtb.img, but after that boot up stucks at CE-logo. If I copy C2-file from device tree folder and rename to dtb.img, I can boot again, but same error message and 60s waiting time still persists. Strange.
Strange. Which files do you have in boot partition? I don't have that box, but think that Odroid C2 uses boot.ini and config.ini files.

Also, don't install/update nightly versions, as you have. Install 9.0.1 stable version from here: https://coreelec.org/ -> Download -> New Installation

Still, the best option is to ask at CoreElec forum...
Found help from CE -forum, there was some fault on that build and it got fixed. Smile

This CE nightly seems by far best build so far for C2, it´s snappy and stable. And I also found out that Odroid soon puts out new model to replace C2 which seems very interesting so maybe it´s time to update HW soon. Big Grin
Yes, I'v seen your posts on the CE forum. They had to fix a bug in your dtb.img to make you enjoy your box. Smile
And new Odroid N2, coming soon, will be a real beast compared to C2.
Is there a way to update tvdb with a zip file?I'm out of town don't have emmc adaptor with me to just update system in about says kodi 17.6 all I know is it won't rescan my TV shows in
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610