• 2(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I've pushed version 0.6.2, which fixes a couple of frequent/possible errors, and cuts down on some requests to web services.

I've also pushed verison 0.6.0 of Artwork Helper, which can pull extrafanart or extrathumbs into the multiimage/listitem path, via an add-on setting. It is disabled by default.

Devhelper also got an update to 0.1.4.

I'm probably going to drop the CacheControl dependency; I like the idea, but it's not working out very well for this add-on.
I would love to give it a try, because I use AD only to assign the images which are stored next to my media.
How about adding a setting to choose the name of the files? In my case I use logo.png instead of clearlogo.png and TinyMediaManager saves it in this way.

To be honest... that renaming is the only thing, which stops me to use/test it Smile
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2016-09-10, 15:32)sualfred Wrote: I would love to give it a try, because I use AD only to assign the images which are stored next to my media.
How about adding a setting to choose the name of the files? In my case I use logo.png instead of clearlogo.png and TinyMediaManager saves it in this way.

To be honest... that renaming is the only thing, which stops me to use/test it Smile

Initially I had wanted to match Kodi's existing behavior wherever possible (Kodi exports to clearlogo.png, so the Beef imports clearlogo.png), but now that's done, it should be pretty straightforward to also identify artwork that matches AD's filenames.

I'll work on this for the next update.
I've pushed an update to 0.6.3, which pulls in Artwork Downloader artwork filenames, including extrafanart/extrathumbs if they exist. This is optional, and enabled by default. It also includes a handful of fixes and smaller changes.

I don't use much artwork from the filesystem, so it may have some odd behavior and even a bug or two, so I'd appreciate any suggestions or reports.
Thanks. Will give it a try on a test environment later this day.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Seems to work, but with a strange behaviour:
The fanart is set correctly and shows up in the artwork select dialog of a DB item, but ListItem.Art(fanart) returns an empty string.

Edit:
Tried it on a different setup with the latest nightly of today and the problem is gone. But if I set to fanarts to 1 it will add 20?
(2016-09-14, 10:54)sualfred Wrote: Seems to work, but with a strange behaviour:
The fanart is set correctly and shows up in the artwork select dialog of a DB item, but ListItem.Art(fanart) returns an empty string.

Edit:
Tried it on a different setup with the latest nightly of today and the problem is gone. But if I set to fanarts to 1 it will add 20?

That limit is for artwork grabbed from web services, it will import all artwork in the filesystem. If you have multiple fanart in the filesystem, presumably you want Kodi/skins/addons/etc to use them, and integrating them into the library provides a lot of benefits for using them. This forum post (under Why?) has an explanation of the benefits.

Even if you aren't using a skin that uses this method of gathering fanart, I don't expect any performance issues with them being in the library, even on a low powered device. I don't actually know how it performs on such a device, so I would appreciate any reports.

Though there aren't actually any skins that use this method. I haven't yet done much to sell this method to skinners as Artwork Downloader may be updated with a method for multiple artwork at any time, and could easily conflict with the way I've done it here. Maybe I'll start; after so many months that may no longer be a very good excuse.
When i click "Select series to auto add episode artwork..." it only shows a handful of shows and i get this error in the log
PHP Code:
18:44:47 T:74184   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Error Contents: ('poster',)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\KompLeX\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\resources\lib\seriesselection.py"line 32in onInit
                                                art
['thumb'] = series['art']['poster']

KeyError: ('poster',)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<-- 
(2016-09-15, 19:47)komplex Wrote: When i click "Select series to auto add episode artwork..." it only shows a handful of shows and i get this error in the log
PHP Code:
18:44:47 T:74184   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Error Contents: ('poster',)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\KompLeX\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\resources\lib\seriesselection.py"line 32in onInit
                                                art
['thumb'] = series['art']['poster']

KeyError: ('poster',)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<-- 

Thanks, I'll have a fix ready for the next update.

It happened because you have at least one series without a poster image, so if you can set a poster for the series it will let you continue in the meantime.
Strange every show i have has a poster.jpg, anyway i'm in no rush for the episode images was just trying to test it out i'll wait for the next update and try again Smile
I've updated Artwork Beef to 0.6.4, with a fix for the error in episode artwork series selection, and a couple of other small fixes.
I have posted version 0.7.0 to my repo. The major change is pulling in more fanart from TheTVDB. This change drops the extra CacheControl and lockfile as dependencies and picks up the Common plugin cache as a replacement, which is available in the official Kodi repository (and will be downloaded automatically if you don't already have it).

It also includes display fixes for selecting artwork and series in Krypton.

Finally, previous versions pulled incorrectly encoded fanart.tv URLs for many season landscape images, so Kodi isn't able to display them. I've fixed it to encode new ones properly, and there is a button on the General tab of the add-on settings to fix existing URLs quickly. This isn't needed if your artwork only comes from the file system.
Hi.
Just a thought:

Wouldn't be so nice have also the support of fanart/poster/logo of moviesets?
(2016-10-03, 11:01)nikeb Wrote: Hi.
Just a thought:

Wouldn't be so nice have also the support of fanart/poster/logo of moviesets?

Yes! I have been thinking about set artwork recently. It should be pretty straight forward for me to update Artwork Beef to grab set artwork from TMDB and fanart.tv.

As far as artwork in the file system goes I really don't like movie/series artwork in there as it is, and the existing options for set artwork are even more awkward and bothersome and gross, so I'm not quite sure what to do with them.
I have updated Artwork Helper to version 0.7.0 (installable zip). This version adds a couple more plugin paths to gather multiple artwork: one for Containers that works much like the existing ListItem path, and smartseries that avoids flipping fanart by keeping the path the same when navigating between a TV show, its seasons, and its episodes, keeping navigation smooth.

Estuary multiple fanart mod
To go along with Artwork Helper, I've put together a quick and dirty modification of Estuary (from just after Kodi 17 beta 3) that displays multiple fanart in the background. This is just a demo and example for changes necessary for skins to integrate multiple artwork, it is not for regular use. This modification affects the background fanart and prefers "parent" artwork like Container art or `tvshow.fanart`, while the main fanart in the Fanart view stays the single `fanart` image from the focused ListItem, which looks nice with episode fanart. To see it in action you can download and install this multiple fanart mod zip, which will live happily beside (and uninstall cleanly from) the original Estuary.

Skinners should take a look at the changes for basic support for changes required to display this artwork on MyVideoNav/MyMusicNav, the other changes for home support for additional changes made for Home window support, and the Artwork Helper README for more details on each path.

A screenshot of episode fanart

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5